Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185207 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #585 on: June 01, 2018, 03:10:55 pm »

No ideas then. I see no reason it should do that.

Do they work fine if you swap them into a different entity?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 01, 2018, 06:45:32 pm »

DF2014:Marriage
...must be within 10 years of each other in age, and must not be children or babies, to enter into a romantic relationship.

Can anyone tell me if this is hard-coded into DF? Or, is this "10 years" limit something that I can modify?

DF2014:Relationship
Lovers are basically dwarven pairs, unmarried but getting there. Like spouses, dwarves will only ever have one lover, and do not switch lovers even if their lover dies.

Again: Is this hard-coded? Or can this limit of only ever having one lover be removed?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 01, 2018, 06:55:39 pm »

im 99% sure that it is hard-coded, I havnt seen anything raw-wise about relationships, so I highly don't think its possible to edit it.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 01, 2018, 07:54:16 pm »

So, since this thread is much more active than the creature one, I would like to ask, can anyone explain why I can use the CV_REMOVE tag to remove ARENA_RESTRICTED from giant varieties, but not animal men?

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 02, 2018, 02:54:44 am »

Is there a limit to the number of products in a reaction?

EDIT: How do I define clay in general as a reagent? Is there a token other than defining all clay soils as reaction class? For context i want to refine general clay into Kaolinite for ceramics with a bucket of water
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 03:16:30 am by Manzeenan »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #590 on: June 02, 2018, 06:43:51 am »

EDIT: How do I define clay in general as a reagent? Is there a token other than defining all clay soils as reaction class? For context i want to refine general clay into Kaolinite for ceramics with a bucket of water
[REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_STATUE]
   [NAME:make clay statue]      [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
   [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:STATUE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
   [FUEL]   [SKILL:POTTERY]
"has fired_mat" indicates a boulder is clayworking-compatible.

The wiki does not say there is a limit to the number of PRODUCT lines. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#quantity_2
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 02, 2018, 03:27:26 pm »

So, since this thread is much more active than the creature one, I would like to ask, can anyone explain why I can use the CV_REMOVE tag to remove ARENA_RESTRICTED from giant varieties, but not animal men?

Not really, but maybe move it to the bottom of the file. C_variations depend on order tags are in and also have strings where focus is shifted to the beginning or end of an entry or to a specific tag. In the next_underground file the arena restricted tags are all at the top right after the creature id is defined, so i would try making sure your order to remove that is immediately after a go_to_start string in the c_variation.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 02, 2018, 03:33:18 pm »

I'll be honest, I was doing it in the creatures, not in the variety itself, gonna test that now though

EDIT: As I was going to do that, I noticed that giant creatures have an [APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION] and animal men don't, so I put that in and it works now  :-[
EDIT: Well now I have access to all sorts of cavern creatures that I A. haven't touched and B. Haven't even made varieties of, please note I haven't actually modified base raws at all

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 02, 2018, 04:12:42 pm »

Oh, well thats good!
I make Spellcrafts!

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 02, 2018, 05:24:57 pm »

[REACTION:MAKE_CLAY_STATUE]
   [NAME:make clay statue]      [BUILDING:KILN:CUSTOM_SHIFT_S]
   [REAGENT:clay:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:FIRED_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:STATUE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:clay:FIRED_MAT]
   [FUEL]   [SKILL:POTTERY]
"has fired_mat" indicates a boulder is clayworking-compatible.

The wiki does not say there is a limit to the number of PRODUCT lines. http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#quantity_2
hey thanks alot :)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 02, 2018, 06:57:41 pm »

So I have stumbled upon a glitch of some sorts with trading + modding combined... it seems that if a Civ has the ability to fly, when their caravan shows up, the wagons get there fine.. but the pack animals will get left behind as the one leading it flies off to the trade depot....and the animal slowly (sometimes) makes it way to the depot, but when you attempt to trade with them, it always says they are busy unpacking. Is there any work around to this besides removing the ability to fly from the creature?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 02, 2018, 07:21:34 pm »

Flying creatures in general have many pathing bugs, it's best to not give an entity [FLIER]

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 03, 2018, 04:39:38 am »

I've heard that in the latest version the memory system can cause way too much stress from seeing dead body parts. Is there a modding related way to fix this? Would lowering Anger Propensity, Stress Vulnerability etc help?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #598 on: June 03, 2018, 06:59:25 am »

I've heard that in the latest version the memory system can cause way too much stress from seeing dead body parts. Is there a modding related way to fix this? Would lowering Anger Propensity, Stress Vulnerability etc help?
I currently have
      [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:5:20:90]
      [PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
      [PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
      [PERSONALITY:ANXIETY_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
in effect to make SOME dwarves less vulnerable to stress. I think it's fine if 6% of the settlement's dwarves
have depression and tantrums. (I use Dwarf Therapist to remove the five most stressed people from all hauling.)

Also can make alcohol give MORE_HAPPY:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 03, 2018, 10:33:37 am »

I currently have
      [PERSONALITY:STRESS_VULNERABILITY:5:20:90]
      [PERSONALITY:DEPRESSION_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
      [PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
      [PERSONALITY:ANXIETY_PROPENSITY:5:23:90]
in effect to make SOME dwarves less vulnerable to stress. I think it's fine if 6% of the settlement's dwarves
have depression and tantrums. (I use Dwarf Therapist to remove the five most stressed people from all hauling.)

Also can make alcohol give MORE_HAPPY:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I notice folks with nofear will not feel the emotion of horror on seeing a dead body, so you can continue on with the game with a bunch of folks getting grumpy and gaining stress while not dealing with them freaking out and going into shock from the fear of the dead. the stress comes from fear, if one removes fear then the memory won't be strong enough to be remembered in short term or long term slots. doesn't stop the disgust or sadness emotions popping up when dealing with a dead friend.
adding spider folks to a fort to carry corpses could help or slapping on the nofear token could fix this.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 120