Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185194 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #570 on: May 22, 2018, 05:40:48 pm »

Also, Ive made reactions for Elves to make wood armor, ect. but for some odd reason they don't properly produce the end product..

[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_BREASTPLATE]
   [NAME:make wooden breastplate]
   [BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
   [REAGENT:log:2:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:log:NONE]
   [SKILL:WOODCRAFT]

^ that's what I have currently

EDIT: Nvm resolved it, needed to change it to just WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE lol
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 09:20:30 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 23, 2018, 10:02:53 pm »

I have come across something odd, not sure if this has been answered or not, but I am currently working on a few things for adventure mode crafting.. and while doing smithing related things.. ive noticed
that I need double the amount of bars required to make the item...

[REACTION:MAKE_IRON_SHORT_SWORD_ADV]
   [NAME:make a iron short sword]
   [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
   [BUILDING:CARPENTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
   [REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
   [REAGENT:C:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:IRON]
   [REAGENT:D:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_SWORD_SHORT:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:FORGE_WEAPON]
   [CATEGORY:ADV_WEAPONRY]

^ Using that as an example.

The reaction works perfectly aside from requiring double the amount of bars, when its asking for the bars, it asks for 2 bars each reagent, but only 1 is consumed...? Example: If I make this sword, It asks for a total of 6 bars, but only 3 are consumed in the process, with the other 3 still around to be used. Ive tried changing things around multiple times but it seems like this is the closest to having a adv reaction for smithing, just really unsure what causes it to ask for the reagent (150) then suddenly asking for a second part of it (0) before going to the next reagent, this isn't like this for anything else except bars, possibly due to the product dimensions?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:04:41 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2018, 10:18:19 pm »

why don't you just use  [REAGENT:A:450:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON] instead of using 3 separate reagents for each bar?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 24, 2018, 01:39:02 am »

why don't you just use  [REAGENT:A:450:BAR:NONE:INORGANIC:IRON] instead of using 3 separate reagents for each bar?

I honestly didn't think that would work, I will test it tomorrow!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 24, 2018, 04:18:36 pm »

It wont change the fact the game will want extra bars, but it does mean it will only ask for like 1 instead of 3 extra
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 29, 2018, 12:12:37 pm »

Is it possible, through DFhack or not, to get a married dwarf and goblin?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 29, 2018, 11:52:22 pm »

So I'm making a reaction that grinds stone to dust, I want to find a way to define dust as something usable so I can sift it for sand or extract clay, how should i define the dust without making it a stone because the reaction will give ore as well as the dust. I considered just making the reaction produce sand and then making a separate reaction for clay but bags are a pain imo. Is there a workaround like Putting sand in barrels that works? I'm open to solutions to either quandary.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #577 on: May 30, 2018, 06:06:10 am »

A 2015 script for DFHack: assign a romantic partner or spouse. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147779.0
Might not work anymore, and might not allow non-dwarves.

So I'm making a reaction that grinds stone to dust, I want to find a way to define dust as something usable so I can sift it for sand or extract clay, how should i define the dust without making it a stone
I have a reaction to grind rock salt boulder to edible and cookable plant leaf, maybe leaf is the way to go. Or plant's mill product like sugar.
The salt crystals plant is set to super rare desert appearance (exposed rock salt stone).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:12:57 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 30, 2018, 02:05:40 pm »

A 2015 script for DFHack: assign a romantic partner or spouse. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147779.0
Might not work anymore, and might not allow non-dwarves.

So I'm making a reaction that grinds stone to dust, I want to find a way to define dust as something usable so I can sift it for sand or extract clay, how should i define the dust without making it a stone
I have a reaction to grind rock salt boulder to edible and cookable plant leaf, maybe leaf is the way to go. Or plant's mill product like sugar.
The salt crystals plant is set to super rare desert appearance (exposed rock salt stone).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yeah maybe I'll look around mill products and see if I can make a powder, i might just do sand anyway, buy sandbag

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 31, 2018, 11:57:07 am »

I made two modded civs with two different [INTELLIGENT] races for each, they're supposed to be mortal enemies.

I found the first civ was mercilessly beating the second in worldgen, and the reason was pretty obvious: the second civ showed 0 population whenever it spawned

I looked at it further and saw that all civ's 2 population was listed under "others" instead of the civilised population value, like trolls are in gobbo civs.

So what the fuck happened there? What did I do wrong? The only mistakes I have seen and fixed in the raws are defining nails wrong and adding a single wrong letter in one of the item tags. I can't for my life understand where in the raws it makes that creature show up as a domestic animal insted of civilised population. Funnily enough, all nobles that display in legends are the right creature.

Spoiler: creature raw (click to show/hide)

edit:just realised I had some unclosed tags and some typos on the raws.

I've done further testing and the issue is coming from the creature raws. The civilisation spawns normally when I change its race. I STILL can't see where the issue is.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:07:39 pm by Eктωρ »
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 31, 2018, 02:53:29 pm »

Give them [CAN_LEARN], and then see if it works.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 31, 2018, 03:02:16 pm »

But they already have [INTELLIGENT], I'm gonna try that though.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 31, 2018, 03:03:12 pm »

Oh. I missed that.
Without that as a possibility, I have no idea.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 31, 2018, 04:29:56 pm »

Maybe its the creature_class:mammal working againt them. Does their civ allow all mammal class creatures as pets or something? If so, they could be making pets of themselves.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 31, 2018, 05:12:06 pm »

It has literally the same pet settings as the normal human civ from vanilla df.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 120