Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185174 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #495 on: April 10, 2018, 09:53:36 am »

Last question: How do I get a stockpile to accept my BLOCKS of CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE

Without their Dead_Dwarf tag they no longer get piled with the Corpses, and they're not even judged to be Refuse at this point.

You'd need a duplicate wood or stone material called "dwarf bone" as the product of your reactions. It can have all the exact same material properties, but just needs [IS_STONE] instead of other identifying tokens.

I used the same method to make rock salt and wax training bullets for my gun mod.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 10, 2018, 12:08:09 pm »

You'd need a duplicate wood or stone material called "dwarf bone" as the product of your reactions. It can have all the exact same material properties, but just needs [IS_STONE] instead of other identifying tokens.

I used the same method to make rock salt and wax training bullets for my gun mod.

Bleh, forgot I had to do that last time. Thanks.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #497 on: April 12, 2018, 04:18:15 pm »

Is there something up with the NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT token? I'm making a glass golem type creature with said token, however when their feet get damaged they fall over - doesnt happen if the legs are damaged, though. Thought that token would prevent it from happening?
What I notice is that the bronze colossus lacks this token but the same doesn't happen if their feet get damaged. Is it because of NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT? That'd be somewhat annoying as I want them to have an energy core serving as a thought part that can be a sort of weak spot, if spears were to be used for example.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 13, 2018, 12:49:16 pm »

I think [NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT] just makes it so that if a joint breaks, they can still move the arm or whatnot?

[STANCE] is still tied to upright movement, IIRC.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 13, 2018, 04:00:47 pm »

Yeah, if you remove [STANCE] they won't go prone when they lose that body part.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 18, 2018, 01:12:51 am »

I got a few last minute questions

1. Can Giant creatures be given the [TRAINABLE] and will it only Effect them and not there normal variants?

2. If a normal creatue that has humanoid and giant variants was given [TRAINABLE], does it carry onto the Giant variant?

3. Is it possible to create a new source of drinks? Such as Tea? Or even have humans, elfs, ect. collect containers of water? (reason is because for other races that arnt alchohal dependant tend to get drunk and slow down regaurdless of water source and milk choices... lol)

4. Can a Semimegabeast/megabeast spawn in the subterran/hell? I tried to set the biomes for them but it seems to not wanna make the world in that case.

5. Is it possible to purely lock a inorganic material (stone or ores) to savage/evil/good biomes?

(I think I forgot a few questions)
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 18, 2018, 01:58:02 am »

1. Yeah.
2. No. Those creature variations specifically remove [TRAINABLE] tags as part of their transformation.
3. I suppose you could make a plant produce a brewed drink that's alcohol in all ways except for the drunkenness syndrome. You'd have to make a new material template for that.
4. lol i dunno
5. No. Geology has no respect for biome alignment or wildness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 18, 2018, 01:31:43 pm »

For gathering and storing water you could just make a reaction at the brewer that inputs a bucket of water and outputs a barrel full of water. I wonder if humans would prefer barrels of water over well/river water? Hmm.

Semimegabeasts should totally be able to have biomes. The [SEMIMEGABEAST] token is not related at all to biomes? I don't think so anyway.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 18, 2018, 02:04:15 pm »

For evil/good-specific ores, you'd need to procure them from a creature or plant. Golems with ITEMCORPSE or monsters with EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT boulders may be suitable depending on your idea, or if you wanted to be more ambitious you could make a tree that drops gem-fruit.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 18, 2018, 02:57:08 pm »

For gathering and storing water you could just make a reaction at the brewer that inputs a bucket of water and outputs a barrel full of water. I wonder if humans would prefer barrels of water over well/river water? Hmm.

Semimegabeasts should totally be able to have biomes. The [SEMIMEGABEAST] token is not related at all to biomes? I don't think so anyway.

I'll have to look into that for water. Wait, couldn't I just not buy beer and they would live fine drinking milk and water out of rivers/underground? lol

And I have tried it, but every single time I try it, when generating world, it tends to restart the world once the civ placement hits 0, and when it does work, going through legends doesn't show the beast, so I just switched it back to a normal biome

For evil/good-specific ores, you'd need to procure them from a creature or plant. Golems with ITEMCORPSE or monsters with EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT boulders may be suitable depending on your idea, or if you wanted to be more ambitious you could make a tree that drops gem-fruit.

Yeah ive done this for a few other things
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 02:59:16 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 18, 2018, 03:07:17 pm »

In vanilla, dwarves can't drink milk. In fort mode, anyway. Any liquid can be drunk by an adventurer, and anything in a mug used to be drunk by NPCs, although that may have changed.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

OluapPlayer

• Bay Watcher
  • In a time before time, I attacked me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 19, 2018, 09:10:16 am »

I've tried making subterranean megabeasts and it led them to not spawn at all, not even in Legends. So I'm fairly sure they're restricted to being above-ground.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 19, 2018, 02:49:27 pm »

Is it possible the RNG just hasn't given yet you the megabeast, but it can spawn?
Try setting a world to have 50 mega beasts, and 2 years, then look through the megabeasts in legends and see if they spawn. If not, sorry. I haven't tested this myself.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #508 on: April 19, 2018, 03:54:42 pm »

What biomes do some of the tokens that IS_REGION uses entail?

Specifically I'm wondering which biomes do the GRASSLAND and HILLS tokens specifically include. A lot of the other ones are obvious, but what about these two?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 19, 2018, 03:56:35 pm »

Deleted
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 120