Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185143 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #420 on: April 02, 2018, 03:17:31 am »

I didn't do much testing, but prove me wrong, because i'll soon decide that half of creature and item related temperature just doesn't work in 44. Not only fixed temp tag and "spew boilng iron = spew boiling iron at boiling iron temperature" refuse to work in any way, but also arena dwarves can survive at absolute zero temperature without any troubles. They burn away at "Fire" temperature, though. Vanilla 44.09 and modded 44-05-44-07.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 02, 2018, 03:26:24 am »

Dwarves in general are not affected by extreme heat, or suffer any ill effects in scorching weather like increased thirst and dehydration but will freeze to death in very bitter temperatures which causes bodies in general as items to take damage.

A dwarf wears under and over layers, without at-least having all under-layers covered they will freeze to death on a glacier, as i had my modded playable goblins do while wearing mainly underwear (thongs and loincloths) which wasn't protective enough but most dwarves and migrant dwarves with overlapping gloves & mittens, clothes etc were fine. Giant dragonflies and the like with chitin also seem to fare in the cold badly.

Im unsure whether the dip in temprature to be fatal is only fatal enough if standing on ice, in a glacier biome and also caught in a snow-storm.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 02, 2018, 03:32:29 am »

Ok, tested with uncapped FPS, they indeed freeze to death, but it takes pretty long time.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 02, 2018, 05:10:53 am »

Yeti's especially have [INSULATION] on their fur have a which is important in cold climates, only shared with unobtainable rabbit fur (which still turns up as a trade good in rabbit fur mittens etc.) allowing them to stay outside with a usual skin without dying. Important to creatures that wander for long periods of time on map settings like those.

Code: [Select]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[SELECT_TISSUE:HAIR]
[INSULATION:300]

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 02, 2018, 08:57:33 am »

Can I use ITEMCORPSE to make a creature turn into a puddle of water on death? If so, what are the relevant tokens?

I've heard whispers of mods that generate magma via reaction, but I don't know if it'll work for ITEMCORPSE. My goal is to make Blizzard Men produce a puddle on death, which then freezes anything caught under it.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 02, 2018, 10:48:46 am »

Blood men already have this property, to leave a pool of their own "corrupted blood" upon death. They use:
Code: [Select]
[ITEMCORPSE:LIQUID_MISC:NO_SUBTYPE:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD]so I suppose you can just replace LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD with WATER:NONE and stick it in the blizzard men raws.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 02, 2018, 11:26:23 am »

Well, darn. It did generate a "pool of water", but as a contaminant rather than a liquid. No freezing effect. I suppose an exploding "cloud of ice" boil-syn-mat is the next best thing.

Follow-up, unrelated question: I'm trying to adjust difficulty of brewing. I can't reduce the alcohol output, or it'll multiply my barrel use and cause a huge headache, since you can't combine barrels as you an with bins.

It turns out that increasing the counter for "plant" reagent from 1 to 1+n causes dwarves to not use matching plants. They'll toss plump helmets, spelt, whip vine, etc. in a barrel and come out with Dwarven Wine, or whatever is based on the first ingredient. Is there a way around this, or do I just have to make duplicate reactions for each brewable plant to adjust the plant/alcohol ratio?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #427 on: April 02, 2018, 04:37:07 pm »

Harder brewing sounds fun! I would go with a custom workshop, not vanilla still.

perhaps reaction classes for brewing, and input ingredients be
2 buckets of water or milk
N of sugar/honey/starch reactionclass plant (potato, rye, wheat, cave wheat, sugarbeet, sugarcane, rice, plump helmet)
M of flavor reactionclass plant

reactions might be
- make water-based alcohol (N=1, M=1) price 1
- make fine water-based alcohol (N=2, M=2)
- make milk-based alcohol (N=1, M=1)
- make fine milk-based alcohol (N=2, M=1)
- distil TWO non-fine alcohol to one distilled_alcohol, price 4
so we have 5 different syndrome, different price alcohols.

I currently have lousy, regular, and fine alcohol, made from plants, in vanilla still. Lousy alcohol has no positive effects.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 04:42:49 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2018, 06:57:21 pm »

O a, trying to make an interaction to allow the caster to bring back a creature to life, but it works but then the creature dies again soon after.... how would I fully heal the creature once bringing it back? or is it not possible..

what I have currently:

[INTERACTION:BRING_BACK_TO_LIFE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
   [I_EFFECT:RESURRECT]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:holy healing]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_INGESTED]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:RECUPERATION:5000:5000:START:0:END:5000]
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2018, 07:01:13 pm »

Use I_EFFECT:REANIMATE, not RESURRECT. Resurrection simply recreates the creature exactly the same it was before, wounds and all. Reanimation revives the creature and makes it immune to soft tissue damage, so the creature doesn't die to the same thing it did before.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 02, 2018, 07:34:04 pm »

but it revives it as undead.. which is what I don't want, I tried it but the corpses still soon died anyway...

wanting to almost-fully heal a creature (assuming its head wasn't chopped off) and having it heal any wounds that's still attached to the creature, so if it lost a arm, it wont heal back, but scratches, cuts, ect. would heal
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #431 on: April 02, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »

Is it possible to have a plant that causes some sort of reaction when touched or picked?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 02, 2018, 07:40:24 pm »

Is it possible to have a plant that causes some sort of reaction when touched or picked?
Nope, sorry. Or is it possible to make it drop a material that evaporates in the air? I'll check later.

but it revives it as undead.. which is what I don't want, I tried it but the corpses still soon died anyway...

wanting to almost-fully heal a creature (assuming its head wasn't chopped off) and having it heal any wounds that's still attached to the creature, so if it lost a arm, it wont heal back, but scratches, cuts, ect. would heal
In that case you can add a syndrome that transforms it into some other random creature for just 1 tick. Transformations heal all wounds.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 02, 2018, 10:24:52 pm »

Yup that worked, thank you! now I gotta figure out how to test it in game and not in OTA.. only problem is locating the slab that isn't where it says it was stored ;-;

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: April 02, 2018, 11:24:11 pm »

Okay so.. while searching for the slab.. I went to quick travel.. and a bunch of invaders apearedin the town I was about to leave.. I go check it out.. and magma crabs, and all sorts of stuff that would be underground.. is now on the surface?...?...???        I didn't even know this was a glitch o_o
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 120