Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185111 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #360 on: March 20, 2018, 05:55:45 am »

Some questions about (dfhack?) modding and it's limitations, in order of more to less vague.
1. Is it possible to mod some creature to have some effect on death?
2. Is it possible to mod some creature to spawn other creature on death?
3. Is it possible to mod some creature to actually revive on death?
4. Is it possible to mod some creature's bodyparts to disappear on severing (preferably retaining humanlike stats)?
5. Is it possible to place two diffirent effects (transforming into other creature + spewing... magma hot... gas?) in one interaction? (I think yes, just making sure)
6. I want to play as proper Fujiwara no Mokou and want to know if this technically possible.
All above questions are purely theoretical, since i struggle to rename "transform into bear" interaction into "transform into renamed bear" interaction without breaking it, and dfhack modding, whatever it is, looks like high level magic.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:27:13 am by MCreeper »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #361 on: March 20, 2018, 06:11:59 am »

1. Itemcorpse is a thing - you could potentially make a creature dissipate into some kind of syndrome-inducing gas on death.
2. No, unfortunately.
3. I believe no - resurrection is tied to an interaction effect rather than a syndrome, and I don't think its possible to tie that type of stuff into materials - I could be wrong.
4. Hmm, theoretically I think it could be possible if you edited their materials to make them dissipate or melt away - the problem is that it applies to the entire creature, and it would also result in the entire creature dissipating or melting away when exposed to, lets say, room temperature. Not sure if you can circumvent that somehow.
5. Yeah, it is.
6. The immortality aspect you'd have is only "cannot die of old age" - you can make an interaction type ala vampirism that instead gives you high recuperation and also makes you immortal in that way, but there's no way to actually make something that cannot die, while still bleeding and taking damage to its tissues as normal. High enough material values for impact yields and so on would make a creature unkillable from normal combat, but then you get the effect of all attacks glancing off of them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 20, 2018, 11:34:19 am »

@fatace
Try giving the reanimation interaction the same add_tag and remove_tag sets as seen in the example raise interaction in the raw/examples folder. That should make them hostile to the living. The pyromancer will have to have the not_living tag added to them too, so they dont get murdered by their own summons
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 20, 2018, 12:24:08 pm »

@fatace
Try giving the reanimation interaction the same add_tag and remove_tag sets as seen in the example raise interaction in the raw/examples folder. That should make them hostile to the living. The pyromancer will have to have the not_living tag added to them too, so they dont get murdered by their own summons

well.. that doesn't really help with them transforming from a corpse to the new creature, they only turn into toads... lol, would it be possible to also specify that the spell only to be used on humanoids?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 20, 2018, 12:46:03 pm »

Not at my normal laptop ATM, I have an interaction that at least in theory, turns corpses into "burning" humanoid "corpses"

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 20, 2018, 01:03:53 pm »

Just add two effects, one is reanimation, the other is a syndrome that causes transformation. I'm not sure if you need to do this, but to be safe, put the reanimation effect before the transformation effect.

Literally just now saw this... not sure im doing it right but im experimenting... this didn't work..

[INTERACTION:TRANSFORM_REBORN_FIRE]
   [I_TARGET:A:CORPSE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_ITEM]
      [IT_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
      [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:corpses]
   [I_EFFECT:ANIMATE]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Animated corpse]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:165:3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
         [CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE:STRENGTH:300:1000:TOUGHNESS:300:1000:START:0]
         [CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:60:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NO_AGING:NOT_LIVING:OPPOSED_TO_LIFE:EXTRAVISION:NOEXERT:NOPAIN:NOBREATHE:NOSTUN:NONAUSEA:NO_DIZZINESS:NO_FEVERS:NOEMOTION:PARALYZEIMMUNE:NOFEAR:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:NOTHOUGHT:NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT:NO_CONNECTIONS_FOR_MOVEMENT:START:0]
         [CE_REMOVE_TAG:HAS_BLOOD:TRANCES:LIKES_FIGHTING:MISCHIEVOUS:START:0]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Reborn fire fiend]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:'ñ':3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]
         [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:PROB:100:START:0]
            [CE:CREATURE:REBORN_FIRE_FIEND]

so... time to keep experimenting till i get the right one
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 20, 2018, 01:18:48 pm »

Welp... just realized animate corpse in general doesn't work in object test arena.. fml

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 20, 2018, 01:21:18 pm »

Some questions about (dfhack?) modding and it's limitations, in order of more to less vague.
1. Is it possible to mod some creature to have some effect on death?
2. Is it possible to mod some creature to spawn other creature on death?
3. Is it possible to mod some creature to actually revive on death?
4. Is it possible to mod some creature's bodyparts to disappear on severing (preferably retaining humanlike stats)?
5. Is it possible to place two diffirent effects (transforming into other creature + spewing... magma hot... gas?) in one interaction? (I think yes, just making sure)
6. I want to play as proper Fujiwara no Mokou and want to know if this technically possible.
All above questions are purely theoretical, since i struggle to rename "transform into bear" interaction into "transform into renamed bear" interaction without breaking it, and dfhack modding, whatever it is, looks like high level magic.

Actually, for #3, I think it's possible to create a region interaction with 100% frequency, that resurrects (not reanimates) anything of the designated creature class. That way, if the creature has died of old age, it will resurrect just fine, but otherwise, it will immediately die again due to its wounds which were retained. Might be a bit of a drain on FPS, though, if it just keeps resurrecting and dying all the time.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 20, 2018, 01:24:25 pm »

@Fatace
When a creature transformation effect doesn't properly define the creature to turn into, the game will default to the first creature defined in the raws, toads. In this case, you haven't defined the caste of creature to turn into. Try this:
[CE:CREATURE:REBORN_FIRE_FIEND:DEFAULT]
If that doesn't work, define a caste in your fire fiend creature and use that.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 20, 2018, 05:34:21 pm »

I had one personally notable instance where I tried to make colossus from X-men and somehow made him start vomiting magma uncontrollably.

Modding is great.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 20, 2018, 05:59:29 pm »

@Fatace
When a creature transformation effect doesn't properly define the creature to turn into, the game will default to the first creature defined in the raws, toads. In this case, you haven't defined the caste of creature to turn into. Try this:
If that doesn't work, define a caste in your fire fiend creature and use that.

This sorta worked!

What I have now:

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:Reborn fire fiend]
      [SYNDROME]
         [CE_FLASH_TILE:TILE:'ñ':3:0:0:FREQUENCY:2000:1000:START:0]

But.. few mooore problems arose..

1. I went to the tower, and their army was "reborn fire fiend corpses".. tho I wish it didn't say corpses at the end...
2. They didn't attack me (or the pyromancers) or anyone else for that matter (going to add the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag and try it later)
3. I went around and killed a weasel and reanimated that, but it came back named "weasel corpse" but with the same description and stats as the reborn fire fiend lol.
4. went to go to a town to test a normal humanoid corpse and it wouldn't let me... and..
5. There was 2 random reborn fire fiend corpses living in the town..
6. Also, anything turned into reborn fire fiend seems to drop all of its clothes and weapons.. (both at the tower and those 2 in the town)

Why does modding have to be a pain in the !!FUN!! XD

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 20, 2018, 06:19:47 pm »

You have to specify a second effect, with [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME], and add the [SYNDROME] definition to that instead.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:54 pm »

You have to specify a second effect, with [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME], and add the [SYNDROME] definition to that instead.

Like this?

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]

Been trying to see what you mean but I cant seem to get it correctly,

The closest result that I got was after I added OPPOSED_TO_LIFE and they actually attacked me, they were REBORN_FIRE_FIENDs but anything I transformed was basically:
https://puu.sh/zM21Y/3c0e56bdbe.png
But that was from the last post...

The  1 I posted now is doing what you said but now pryomancers just don't use towers at all.

So yeah lol

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:13:26 pm by Fatace »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 20, 2018, 08:18:48 pm »

You have to add IE_TARGET and IE_IMMEDIATE to the second effect as well.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 20, 2018, 08:40:11 pm »

uh..

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]

^ using that pretty much no longer allows pyromancer towers to spawn...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 120