Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185020 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »

In trying to see if I could come up with anything to answer Boltgun, I came up empty handed, only filled with more questions.

What's all the new IMPROVEMENT stuff? the wiki is outdated with the usual BANDS, COVERED, GLAZED, RINGS_HANGING, and SPIKES however Instruments and Books have INSTRUMENT_PIECE and PAGE.

What about TRANSFER_ARTIFACT_STATUS has anyone tried this yet? Does it just need to be on a REAGENT and it applies to all PRODUCT or does it only transfer if using the GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT option on the product (if targeted reagent has the TRANSFER_ARTIFACT_STATUS tag)

Can the new INSTRUMENT improvements be used to make new custom stuff like "gilded crossguards" and "pommel inset gems" or "runic writing on blade" for weapons or must it only work on a PRODUCT + PRODUCT_TOKEN'd INSTRUMENT item as seen in the examples

I also noticed [CAN_USE_HOSPITAL_RESERVED] is not on the wiki (but is mentioned in the file_changes.txt) but  [CAN_USE_LOCATION_RESERVED] is

So back to Boltgun, I think you're stuck with the stockpile workaround as this is a custom reaction, unless you remove the  [METAL_ITEM_MATERIAL] from the reagent so it's just any bar type, but it might just be a fluke with custom reactions, just like have before MAX_MULTIPLIER we were forced to consume an entire stack

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2017, 05:30:49 pm »

Is there a way to mod a reaction that can have a details setup?

For info, when you place a job on a workshop (let's say, a rock table at a mason shop), you can press d to define the specific material you want the table to be. I am trying to add a "forge metal bed" reaction but there is no way to tell which metal.

Spoiler: The reaction (click to show/hide)

Is there a way to let the player define the product besides some stockpile trick?
I thought you could define what metal it is?
If not, you could make reactions for each specific metal.

Hugo:improvements can only be improvements already in the game, but HANDLE is already here, so your sword could have a gold handle.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:33:00 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 19, 2017, 09:10:43 am »

Another question.

I made a domesticated spider sort-of creature that I use in my Fortress.
I've given them the power to spray web (although without [THICKWEB]) and I know for a fact that they use this ability in the Arena and when encountered "in the wild" but as domesticated animals, with or without training, they simply refuse to use this ability.

Any particular reason?

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 19, 2017, 01:24:54 pm »

Inedible plants - what to do with them ?

This is something I've run into - herbalists will gather some plants, esp. at low skill levels, which are inedible, unbrewable, and unprocessable. Bitter vetch is an example. Though the leaves are edible, the actual plant is not. It's not the only plant that is like this, there are many.

So, what I am wondering is, if anyone has modded any reactions, at say the kiln, to burn up these inedible plants into potash, which is useful at least.

And if not, then how to make such a reaction ? How would you specify a reagent in the reaction definition so that it would only use the inedible plants ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 19, 2017, 02:05:32 pm »

Probably can cook them in the kitchen

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2017, 02:19:57 pm »

Probably can cook them in the kitchen

Ah, no, some of these plants are not cookable either. Which is why they're a problem. Have to dump them manually every so often.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 19, 2017, 02:26:59 pm »

Question: Does anyone know if the bottom of the sea gets rendered at all? That is to say, if I modded in a playable aquatic race and embarked under the ocean, would there be anything there for them?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 19, 2017, 03:08:05 pm »

Question: Does anyone know if the bottom of the sea gets rendered at all? That is to say, if I modded in a playable aquatic race and embarked under the ocean, would there be anything there for them?

I suppose it must. There is a special "pelagic sediment" layer type that only occurs underneath the deep bits of an ocean.

Dunno about the embarking on an ocean part, though.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 19, 2017, 03:14:27 pm »

I suppose it must. There is a special "pelagic sediment" layer type that only occurs underneath the deep bits of an ocean.

Dunno about the embarking on an ocean part, though.
usually you can't do that unless you have embark anywhere
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 19, 2017, 03:50:11 pm »

even then Fort AI just freaks the hell out, as they are not coded to understand (water is safe and I can path to/in it) even if the creature they are allows it

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 19, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

even then Fort AI just freaks the hell out, as they are not coded to understand (water is safe and I can path to/in it) even if the creature they are allows it

Aw, that's disappointing.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2017, 04:57:06 pm »

Yep. Just tried embarking in the middle of the ocean. I did indeed see the ocean, and the soil layers at the bottom of it, but there were no dwarves in the unit screen. I didn't unpause so they didn't have time to drown, if that's what you're thinking.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 20, 2017, 07:55:49 pm »

And if not, then how to make such a reaction ? How would you specify a reagent in the reaction definition so that it would only use the inedible plants ?

couldn't find a way to do quite what I wanted, but came up with this, to allow burning of excess plants. Might be useful for other people, who want to do a clearout of their plant stocks.

[REACTION:PLANT_BURNING]
[NAME:burn plants to ash]
[BUILDING:WOOD:NONE]
[REAGENT:plant:10:PLANT:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[SKILL:WOOD_BURNING]

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2017, 07:19:54 am »

What exactly makes plants gatherable? According to the wiki it should be [STOCKPILE_PLANT_GROWTH], but even with that I'm having issues with some of my cave revamp plants - some are gatherable, others arent, despite having the relevant tokens.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2017, 07:41:05 am »

That's about growths - fruit. Pulling out the plant itself uses a different mechanism, I think the plant's principal material must be edible or yield some other products?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 120