Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185151 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #480 on: April 07, 2018, 06:57:24 pm »

Globs are of dimension 150, so you should probably multiply that by 150.

At this point, I'd try removing the POWDER_MISC requirement; it's technically what you want, but it's unlikely you'll be getting blocks of dwarven sugar.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 08, 2018, 12:28:49 pm »

I'm withholding a great number of expletives here.

My dwarven sugar was being ignored because it was in a barrel. Dumping the bag to a barrel-less stockpile solved the issue.

I'm going to go drink in a corner now.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 08, 2018, 02:31:29 pm »

Can any of you folks tell me if there's currently a workable way to mod a Bone > Block reaction that works on sentients and behaves consistently in regards to stacks?

I want to build a giant skeleton out of dwarf bones.
Megadorf™ A giant dwarf shaped dwarf fortress

The All Guardsmen Party

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 08, 2018, 03:00:25 pm »

This should work.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BLOCKS]
[NAME:Make bone blocks]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_L]
[REAGENT:bone:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

Haven't tested it, though.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 08, 2018, 04:09:04 pm »

This should work.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_BONE_BLOCKS]
[NAME:Make bone blocks]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:CUSTOM_L]
[REAGENT:bone:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BLOCKS:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE]
[SKILL:BONECARVE]

Haven't tested it, though.

Hmm, I'll finish my install and test, but this is more or less what I used to have on my first attempt, and there were a lot of problems with stack behavior and the basic racial sapient/own-race materials rules.

The All Guardsmen Party

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 08, 2018, 04:26:24 pm »

Use the does_not_determine_product_amount token on the reagent and i think it will give you one bone to one block conversion. For sapients, the game is currently bugged so that cannot be done even if civ ethics permit it, except through an interaction that remove the can_learn and can_speak tokens immediately before the target dies.

If you want it to give you multiple blocks that arent stacked (im not sure if im understanding the issue correctly here) you could try with the does not determine amount token on the reagent and multiple product lines each giving exactly one product.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 04:30:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 08, 2018, 04:43:55 pm »

Use the does_not_determine_product_amount token on the reagent and i think it will give you one bone to one block conversion. For sapients, the game is currently bugged so that cannot be done even if civ ethics permit it, except through an interaction that remove the can_learn and can_speak tokens immediately before the target dies.

If you want it to give you multiple blocks that arent stacked (im not sure if im understanding the issue correctly here) you could try with the does not determine amount token on the reagent and multiple product lines each giving exactly one product.

So let me clarify what I'm going for here: I want to build a giant Armok skeleton thing https://i.imgur.com/mzJXgXO.png

And I want to make every single block of the actual skeleton out of one single individual dead dwarf/goblin/elf/etc. The problems I'm worried about are A: getting the dang dwarves to do the reaction and B: trying to maintain a roughly one-to-one relation between blocks and dead sapients. You can see where this get's tricky reaction-wise I'm sure.

The All Guardsmen Party

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 08, 2018, 06:09:10 pm »

Alternately, do any of you know a way to use ITEMCORPSE without completely removing the regular corpse behavior?

The All Guardsmen Party

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #488 on: April 08, 2018, 06:19:13 pm »

What's a good way to quickly verify that a plant is working properly?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 08, 2018, 07:56:58 pm »

Alternately, do any of you know a way to use ITEMCORPSE without completely removing the regular corpse behavior?
An Extra Butchery Object in each sapient that drops a bone block would do what you want and should sidestep the ethics issues. Look at bird gizzard stones for an example.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:51 pm »

An Extra Butchery Object in each sapient that drops a bone block would do what you want and should sidestep the ethics issues. Look at bird gizzard stones for an example.

Ohh, that looks great, it does leave the issue of butchering sapients though, do you have any suggestions for dealing with that? Is it as simple as flipping the tags for Dwarves?

The All Guardsmen Party

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 09, 2018, 12:38:04 am »

Best bet would be to give dwarves a combat interaction that removes [CAN_LEARN] from their opponents.

Bomepie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: April 09, 2018, 05:36:42 pm »

Last question: How do I get a stockpile to accept my BLOCKS of CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE

Without their Dead_Dwarf tag they no longer get piled with the Corpses, and they're not even judged to be Refuse at this point.

The All Guardsmen Party

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 10, 2018, 03:04:03 am »

Last question: How do I get a stockpile to accept my BLOCKS of CREATURE_MAT:DWARF:BONE

Without their Dead_Dwarf tag they no longer get piled with the Corpses, and they're not even judged to be Refuse at this point.

If its a block then it will likely go into the blocks pile if there is a space, im not precisely sure but you ought to look around there ( It'll probably be in OTHER ) and for what is put down as a reference in material_template_default.txt. If you can't find anything you'll need to fix that pronto.

Associated risk of just transforming the corpse into this object without contingency to not break the stockpile system too.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 10, 2018, 04:21:14 am »

If the stockpile does not support your material the jobs to bring the items in will not be generated.

Bar/Block stockpiles only accept inorganics plus some hardcoded materials in the OTHER category. You must create a new 'bone' inorganic, but if you wish to keep bones named by its original creatures, you'll have to do without stocks.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:23:25 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 120