Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185139 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #435 on: April 03, 2018, 09:01:43 am »

resurrection probably still Crashes the game if you attempt to resurrect a nameless corpse in a tomb or temple catacombs so npcs near towns should be wary and save often.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2018, 10:05:47 am »

On the subject of resurrection... Do corpse/item contents of frozen tiles still get saved if you retire/reclaim a fort?

Because if so, then I could definitely see putting my dwarves into cryo-stasis to be revived...
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2018, 12:58:59 pm »

resurrection probably still Crashes the game if you attempt to resurrect a nameless corpse in a tomb or temple catacombs so npcs near towns should be wary and save often.

I will test this, thank you for bringing it up!
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 03, 2018, 03:12:51 pm »

I will test this, thank you for bringing it up!

It doesn't crash, tho I couldn't really test it with mummies since no matter what I did, it didn't disturb it. but on the random peasents it worked fine, just there names turned out like this:
http://puu.sh/zVzwu/c81db3b5df.png
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 03, 2018, 06:54:04 pm »

Trying to make an attack that basically hurts the enemy a little bit but mainly paralyzes them.. but it doesn't seem to do anything... using it as apart of a new secrets ability:

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
            [CDI:ADV_NAME:Shamanistic Venom]
            [CDI:INTERACTION:SHAMANISTICPOISON]
            [CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
            [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:4]
            CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
            [CDI:VERB:wave a cloud of dust:waves a cloud of dust:NA]
            [CDI:TARGET_VERB:begin to tremble as if flows into the body:begins to tremble as if flows into the body]
            [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

[INTERACTION:SHAMANISTICPOISON]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [SYNDROME]
         [SYN_NAME:shaman venom]
         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
         [SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_INGESTED]
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:10:PEAK:50:END:1200]
         [CE_BLEEDING:SEV:400:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:200:END:1200]
         [CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:1000:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:START:500:PEAK:800:END:1200]

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 03, 2018, 06:58:17 pm »

Maybe try it without the infection vector tokens, since interactions dont use those anyway
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2018, 07:05:55 pm »

you mean these?

[SYN_CONTACT]
         [SYN_INHALED]
         [SYN_INGESTED]
         [SYN_INJECTED]

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2018, 07:12:32 pm »

wait! I just realized a bracket missing.. sec...

Edit: nope fixing my mistake as well as doing what you said didn't help
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:38:42 pm by Fatace »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #443 on: April 04, 2018, 08:04:15 am »

Too heavy or too long paralysis will kill by suffocation, eg.
[CE_PARALYSIS:SEV:500:PROB:80:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:0:PEAK:40:END:200] death by suffocation.
so unconscious is better
[CE_UNCONSCIOUSNESS:SEV:600:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:START:10:PEAK:30:END:250] instead of instakill-paralyze-breathing.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2018, 11:04:32 am »

After being inspired by a reddit post, I decided to look into modding monster hearts to confer benefits when eaten.

I successfully removed the HEART material and tissue from Dragons, and replaced it with an in-creature-defined tissue called HEART_DRAGON, copied from HEART, with the following adjustments;

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However, after eating the dragon's heart, nothing happens. I even re-tested with a CE:FEVER to ensure it was transmitting correctly, which it was - but no abilities are added to "natural abilities" or "acquired powers". Is this an error on my part, or is the Arena still wonky with this kind of thing?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2018, 11:36:19 am »

You forgot to specify the actual interaction in a [CDI:INTERACTION] token.  ;)
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 04, 2018, 03:31:48 pm »

Derp. That fixed it alright! Unfortunately, I can't add FIREIMMUNE_SUPER with CE_ADD_TAG, so I suppose the whole dragon-blooded-thing is going to have a rather high mortality rate... maybe if I swap dragonfire for fireballs, that'll be safer?

Now that this works - can you feed things to companions so that I could perhaps start a cult? And in fort mode, do dwarves eat the entire stack of raw meat, or do they nibble at it over time?

The logical next step is to add a strength buff to consuming the hearts of giant animals, or perhaps going full Attack on Titan and having Humans be able to eat Giant hearts to transform at will... or perhaps making brains create erratic behavior when eaten raw...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 04, 2018, 03:39:13 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think if you give something edible to a companion, they will eat it? Maybe?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #448 on: April 04, 2018, 03:58:17 pm »

I don't think they do. There was a glitch a while back where if you gave them a mug while they had no container (i.e a backpack or a pouch) and it went into their hand, they'd drink whatever was in it regardless of how edible or unedible it was - this would trigger ingestion syndromes. Don't remember if it was fixed, but nonetheless I don't think you could stick a dragon heart inside.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 04, 2018, 04:09:34 pm »

Trying to make a shapeshifter type secret, but anything I try to get them to transform into, they turn into it, but not back out of the transformation when the time is up, am I missing something?

[INTERACTION:SPIRIT_CHEETAH_FORM]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_CANNOT_TARGET_IF_ALREADY_AFFECTED]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:yourself]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [SYNDROME]
      [CE_BODY_TRANSFORMATION:START:0:END:2000:ABRUPT_START]
         [CE:CREATURE:SPIRIT_CHEETAH:MALE]

Edit: realized that ticks in adventure mode seem to take longer... so nvm xd
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:04:03 pm by Fatace »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 120