Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185805 times)

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1650 on: November 05, 2019, 11:55:07 am »

Is there a way to make a syndrome an all-or-nothing thing?
What I mean is, that both RESISTABLE and PROB:X are put into the symptom definitions, so presumably each symptom has a separate chance to fail.

So if I make a syndrome that causes local necrosis with 50% chance and whole body pain with 50% chance, I would expect there to be 25% of neither happening, 25% of only the necrosis, 25% of only the pain and 25% of both at once.
But what do I do, when I want to create a syndrome, which has a 50% chance of causing both local necrosis and whole body pain and 50% chance of doing nothing?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: November 05, 2019, 12:20:27 pm »

Also, I dont want the finished armors and weapons to be able to be smelted into bars (once the items are made they are around for good). Are the smelting tags on the material or the items themselves?

I couldn't find neither a token that directly controls whether an item is recyclable nor the reaction for melting down items. I guess it's a hardcoded reaction and requires that the item's material is having the [items_metal] token (or something similar).

edit: some typos
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 02:23:12 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: November 05, 2019, 01:48:04 pm »

I assume a density of 1 is better for all other armor and weapons?
Star metal used to have a density of 1 but was put back to 200 because it was too light to have any force behind it, regardless of how sharp it was.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: November 05, 2019, 04:10:02 pm »

Star metal used to have a density of 1 but was put back to 200 because it was too light to have any force behind it, regardless of how sharp it was.

Thanks. I will make three versions then: one for crushing weapons one for armor and one for slashing and piercing weapons. It looks like the density of star-metal is currently 19320 and star matter 100.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: November 05, 2019, 06:48:48 pm »

What I mean is, that both RESISTABLE and PROB:X are put into the symptom definitions, so presumably each symptom has a separate chance to fail.

So if I make a syndrome that causes local necrosis with 50% chance and whole body pain with 50% chance, I would expect there to be 25% of neither happening, 25% of only the necrosis, 25% of only the pain and 25% of both at once.
But what do I do, when I want to create a syndrome, which has a 50% chance of causing both local necrosis and whole body pain and 50% chance of doing nothing?

make the syndrome have a probability of giving a self-only interaction which has a 100% chance of giving all of the symptoms you want

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: November 05, 2019, 08:38:32 pm »

Thanks. I will make three versions then: one for crushing weapons one for armor and one for slashing and piercing weapons. It looks like the density of star-metal is currently 19320 and star matter 100.
If you make grotesque materials, you can use just two versions. Armor version has density 1. Weapon version has density of solid neutronium from neutronic star core more than slade (more density to edged weapons give more impact).

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: November 05, 2019, 08:51:25 pm »

Is there any benefit for an edged weapon to have a low density (like 200)?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: November 06, 2019, 12:02:13 am »

No combat benefits. But low density of adamantine bolts disallow them to pierce adamantine armor, so even edged weapons must have bigger density. For edged weapon make MAX_EDGE bigger than adamantine. And this all give you cheating weapon metal.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: November 06, 2019, 09:09:20 am »

make the syndrome have a probability of giving a self-only interaction which has a 100% chance of giving all of the symptoms you want
While that will not let me do localised symptoms, it seems it could let me do other stuff. Thanks.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: November 06, 2019, 09:21:37 am »

Thanks. Maybe I will just have a heavy and light version then.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: November 06, 2019, 01:58:06 pm »

No combat benefits. But low density of adamantine bolts disallow them to pierce adamantine armor, so even edged weapons must have bigger density. For edged weapon make MAX_EDGE bigger than adamantine. And this all give you cheating weapon metal.

Urist Da Vinci did some work on combat mechanics years ago where he used various tricks to come up with the equations used, forum post is here, but don't post in it as it is over 4 years old and Urist Da Vinci is no longer active. But the basics for edged attacks is that you need to have enough momentum to over come the momentum deductions for layers, but anything over that is pointless.

NOTE: The equations in the link are for an old version of DF and combat has come a long way since then

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: November 06, 2019, 02:48:01 pm »

Urist Da Vinci did some work on combat mechanics years ago where he used various tricks to come up with the equations used, forum post is here, but don't post in it as it is over 4 years old and Urist Da Vinci is no longer active. But the basics for edged attacks is that you need to have enough momentum to over come the momentum deductions for layers, but anything over that is pointless.

NOTE: The equations in the link are for an old version of DF and combat has come a long way since then

thanks Ill check it out

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: November 06, 2019, 02:50:44 pm »

I am trying to get seeds from a custom plant in a reaction, but the product is just generic "seeds" that don't do anything instead of "cave tuft seeds" that can be replanted. Any help on this:

Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:3:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:CAVE_TUFT_ROMK:SEED]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: November 06, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »

It looks like you left the t out of rotmk in the reaction so it can't find the right plant id. That might do it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: November 06, 2019, 04:44:22 pm »

It looks like you left the t out of rotmk in the reaction so it can't find the right plant id. That might do it.

Oh wow thanks. Strange there is no error.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 120