Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185684 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION
« Reply #1470 on: September 25, 2019, 10:54:22 am »

Salt is not a realised material_template thing, its a hardcoded material. You'll have to put in your own.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 25, 2019, 11:29:09 am »

Quote from: Roses
That material token confuses me 'CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG'. I normally see creature material tokens in the form CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:MATERIAL. How does the reaction know which creature to accept eggs from? Are you sure there isn't any error log associated with that reaction? Seems like it wouldn't be understanding what material you want, so it just accepts any eggs?

It accepts the egg with no error log, i logic i went down was that it looked for a particular material from a caste because it has a problem realising genderless creatures (summoning one in with DFhack incurs a crash) and i put in no field of creature to pursue so it accepted all eggs unless your explanation is closer to the truth.

[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG]

Egg item, no subtype, creature (obj creature), creature_mat, female(caste),template, though i've been told the ordering doesn't matter.

I did attempt to reverse engineer it with Kazoo's silk egg mod, which i did put a little bit of self promotion regarding this reaction there, [REACTION_CLASS:SILK_EGG] irregardless would call the eggs in im very certain (yet to try, its tricky to pin them down) because im being careful to not associate it to any kind of specific creature since that seems to be broken.

I tried this as of a 44.12 version by the way

Interesting, do you have a creature called CREATURE, or are you just using that to specify any creature? I'm thinking that you would get the same result from
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]Although this would accept things like golden eggs if you had those in your mod. The wiki seems to state that the material for an egg is CREATURE_ID:CASTE, although this is kind of odd since materials are stored on a creature basis not a caste basis.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 25, 2019, 12:11:06 pm »

Interesting, do you have a creature called CREATURE, or are you just using that to specify any creature? I'm thinking that you would get the same result from
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]Although this would accept things like golden eggs if you had those in your mod. The wiki seems to state that the material for an egg is CREATURE_ID:CASTE, although this is kind of odd since materials are stored on a creature basis not a caste basis.

Not true in the case of vermin which accept a male and female arguement. I think the explanation for why CREATURE is accepted, may possibly be something Toady has to look at if it only reads [CREATURE:TOAD] on the creature.txt files without inferring the sub-arguement of the indentifying creature type.
  • But that's a armchair theory.
[RAT:CREATURE] wouldn't be applicable to my knowledge, and if only [OBJ_CREATURE:example] was so convenient. (testing confirms neither of these are appropriate)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 12:29:30 pm by FantasticDorf »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 25, 2019, 12:27:09 pm »

Not true in the case of vermin which accept a male and female arguement. I think the explanation for why CREATURE is accepted, may possibly be something Toady has to look at if it only reads [CREATURE:TOAD] on the creature.txt files without inferring the sub-arguement of the indentifying creature type.
  • But that's a armchair theory.
[RAT:CREATURE] wouldn't be applicable to my knowledge, and if only [OBJ_CREATURE:example] was so convenient.

So I was curious what was actually going on when the game read that reagent. Turns out it completely ignores any material definition when using an EGG:NO_SUBTYPE item token. As an example all of the below reagents behave exactly the same.
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE:CREATURE_MAT:FEMALE:EGG]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:CREATURE_MAT:CHICKEN:EGG]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:CHICKEN:FEMALE:EGG]
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:THIS:IS:A:TEST:REACTION]
Looking at the reagent information as stored in df.global.world.raws.reactions.reactions each one of them sets an item_type = 87 and mat_type = mat_index = -1, meaning any material.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 25, 2019, 12:41:09 pm »

Salt is not a realised material_template thing, its a hardcoded material. You'll have to put in your own.

Are there any weak materials available that I can use so that I don't have to create one? (glass, coal, sand, dirt, etc)?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 25, 2019, 12:57:24 pm »

Little bit deflating, but im glad to have a final answer to what is going on there.
[REAGENT:A:5:EGG:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:NONE]
Atleast its easier to type.  :D, time to make some egg yolk dividing reactions for cooking.

Are there any weak materials available that I can use so that I don't have to create one? (glass, coal, sand, dirt, etc)?

You could try wax.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1476 on: September 25, 2019, 01:08:35 pm »

Try a hardcoded SALT, CORAL, ASH, MUD or GRIME material?
http://www.dfwk.ru/Hardcoded_materials.txt
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: September 25, 2019, 01:27:36 pm »

Can you not just change INORGANIC:SALT to SALT:NONE?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 25, 2019, 01:44:53 pm »

Can you not just change INORGANIC:SALT to SALT:NONE?

Sweet. this worked thanks

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 29, 2019, 04:47:27 pm »

Is there a DFhack command to summon items in fort mode?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 29, 2019, 06:37:11 pm »

Why goblins cannot embark with alcohol? I add them kumis from milk and bugbeer from remains.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 30, 2019, 06:05:34 am »

For use via command line or in scripts, there's modtools/create-item (which has a more limited GUI version in gui/create-item). There's also the ruby script create-items and a plugin called createitem - I've no idea what one is supposed to be the main intended method, it's all a bit of a mess (I use the first 2) :P

Why goblins cannot embark with alcohol? I add them kumis from milk and bugbeer from remains.
Just as a random guess, have you made edits to their creature raws so that they require drink (by default they're [NO_DRINK])? It might be that the civ doesn't bother producing drinks because they don't need it. Though I must emphasise this is entirely a guess rather than founded on any experience :b

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 30, 2019, 09:18:27 am »

Probably because it's creature alcohol not plant alcohol? Dwarves can make mead too but never seem to actually have it available even though honey bees are everywhere
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 30, 2019, 09:32:17 am »

Thanks Atkana.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 30, 2019, 02:49:29 pm »

Probably because it's creature alcohol not plant alcohol? Dwarves can make mead too but never seem to actually have it available even though honey bees are everywhere
But even if I add them reaction of alcohol making, will them have it without farming?
For use via command line or in scripts, there's modtools/create-item (which has a more limited GUI version in gui/create-item). There's also the ruby script create-items and a plugin called createitem - I've no idea what one is supposed to be the main intended method, it's all a bit of a mess (I use the first 2) :P

Just as a random guess, have you made edits to their creature raws so that they require drink (by default they're [NO_DRINK])? It might be that the civ doesn't bother producing drinks because they don't need it. Though I must emphasise this is entirely a guess rather than founded on any experience :b
Goblins not need eat, but embark with meat.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 120