Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 74

Author Topic: Mad Arms Race - Mereth Design Division (Fall 1965 - Final Design Phase)  (Read 82192 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Mereth Design Division (1959 - Revision Phase)
« Reply #135 on: December 28, 2017, 12:22:33 pm »

-snip-
If Aratam does catgirls before we do...
 -snip-

We will all be very pleased and share a good laugh at their ridiculous ineptitude and the scale of their utter incompetence, that they would waste their time designing something so ridiculous as a cat-person when there are :WarCrimes: to be developed.

Normal Design:
ME-LRMRA-60 "Blizzard" (3): NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist, Madman

Embassy Design:
Vast Underground Forenian Embassy (2): NUKE9.13, FallacyofUrist

I'm undecided on the embassy, I've got to read it for the first time re-read it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Mereth Design Division (1960 - Design Phase)
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2017, 01:22:59 pm »

I'll join here now.

Forenian Embassy

The Forenian is at the forefront of Merethian architecture. It is build a completely new style, known as Electric Brutalism. Recognized already as an architectural marvel within the offices of Merethian bureau of Architecture, it will soon conquer Forenia, and then the world. Like Brutalism, the building's is strongly functional, with large exposed areas of raw concrete and little frivolity. The entire thing was build and tremendously low cost thanks the utilization of ME-CM-60, a commercial and improved blend of our proprietary instant concrete. Inclusion of small amount of ICE within the mixture drains the heat created by the curing process, allowing the concrete to cure near instantly, aligning into special crystalic formations that are vastly stronger than usual.

However, the most stunning feature, and the reason it's called electric Brutalism, is the introduction of a unique variety of Electrogel within the buildings internals. This reuseable variant utilizes some chemistry derived from ICE to recharge by consuming ambient heat. This unique solution cleverly hides the fact that the embassy was located too far away from the electric grid, and ensures that punching malfunctioning apparatusses is always the best solution.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:15:04 pm by 10ebbor10 »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2017, 01:25:23 pm »

ensures that punching malfunctioning apparatusses is always the best solution.
That is amazingly hilarious. While I still like the underground base better, I'll see about supporting that feature of Electrogel in some future design or revision.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 28, 2017, 01:32:35 pm »

You need to mention an improved form of Electrogel, because otherwise it's not going to last long enough.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 28, 2017, 01:48:18 pm »

Pretty sure I did.

This reuseable variant

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 28, 2017, 02:00:48 pm »

Yes, but that won't solve the issue of someone needing to actually get in an recharge it somehow, which is going to cause some serious pain.

How about a solar-powered version of the electrogel, that can recharge all the other electrogel packets scattered around the building (During the day).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 28, 2017, 02:19:45 pm »

My intention was for it to recharged by the kinetic energy of everyone moving through the building. With soft physics, that would work.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2017, 03:08:33 pm »

First off, that needs to be clearer, or we're going to get what we ask for (And that's going to be a problem).

Second, impacts/kinetic energy is kind of the trigger for our present gel to RELEASE its energy.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2017, 03:15:16 pm »

Better now?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2017, 03:18:46 pm »

Interesting option, hopefully it'll work. Do remember that we're in the Tundra, though, and don't exactly have a lot of ambient heat (Except for that which we produce ourselves through electric heaters...you probably can't violate the second law of thermodynamics like that)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2017, 07:23:50 pm »

For reasons, I'm posting this Revision Suggestion here, it probably needs more cleaning up as I made it while half-asleep. I will not feel bad if one of you uses the idea and makes a much more coherent proposal with it; but it'd fix the not quite enough armor issue along with the they have a better weapon issue too, by making the AS-AC18 our go-to Bear Trooper Weapon.

Revision idea:
ME-CS-60 'Titanic'
The Titanic Combat Shield is a specially shaped slab of metal, taking the shape of a shield, meant to be used by wielders of Bear Armor. It's fancier than that, there's a shaped bit of metal to the side that fits a Velociraptor or AS-AC18 Autocannon perfectly, allowing the shield to be used as a brace for such heavy weapons, a role helped by its spike on the bottom allowing it to be driven slightly into the ground. To help our troops wield them, a minor adjustment is made to the right arm; the autocannon can be bolted directly onto the armor's forearm, and this leaves the trigger where the user's hand would be.

All in all, the Titanic will allow our Bear Armored troops to carry their own cover, and to fire heavy weapons from it!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 28, 2017, 07:26:06 pm »

If those reasons are "so it doesn't get buried by the ongoing back-and-forth in Discord", yeah, I feel you, and I'm going to do the same with this not-quite-a-full-design-suggestion-yet:

[5:52 PM] isospin: Spice Antibody: An aerosolized chemical that, when inhaled, quickly binds to Spice and Spice-derivatives in the bloodstream, inactivating them and inducing withdrawal effects in seconds.
[6:04 PM] isospin: Then we revise the ICE rockets to SABRE: Spice AntiBody Reactive Effusion, an airbursting rocket filled with a mixture of ICE and antispice that basically delivers an enormous cloud of antispice snow across an area that quickly sublimates back into vapour.
[6:04 PM] isospin: Turning their strongest asset into their worst liability.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 28, 2017, 07:30:23 pm »

Not something to do right away, but worth considering for the future, perhaps:

Komputer Integrated Living Links-Mereth Electronics: The MXETE is just too big. But you know what isn't too big? The human brain. Unfortunately, human brains have their own downsides. But perhaps if we combined the two...
We extract portions of grey matter from recently deceased organ donors, keeping them alive in a chemical bath of the DUC's devising. We then attach electrodes to the neural tissue, and plug them into a computer matrix. The combination of brain tissue and transistors provides us with the best of both worlds; quick, compact computing, that doesn't need to eat, sleep, or take time off to visit family- it just needs more chemical slop pumped past it on the regular, which is a lot more convenient.
Now, some will call this unethical. "Even a portion of a human brain retains a portion of the human soul, which is doomed to suffer for eternity in your infernal machine", they say. Pfft- unscientific nonsense. There is no evidence of souls existing in any shape form or fashion, and the prototypes definitely do not exhibit suicidal behaviour, or use any means possible to indicate they are in constant excruciating pain.
Aaanyway, the KILL-ME will hopefully succeed where the MXETE failed, in being a practical, widely-applicable computer that will be incredibly useful for both the military and civilian sector.
Long Live United Forenia!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2017, 10:43:32 pm »

The spice antibodies are a great idea. Although a LETHAL reaction (No warcrimes for you!) would be far better...unless we could instead induce barely-noticeable hallucinations? It'd have to be a chemical, instead of an actual antibody...unless we want to do that DUB design sooner rather than later.

By the way, after a Spice counter, the DUB works on human enhancement, specifically bone and muscle strengthening, as well as reaction-time improvements. If our power armor is going to be Expensive for the foreseeable future, we should really try and make an Expensive soldier to operate them.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2017, 07:30:35 pm »

More votes on the embassy would be appreciated, as it seems like the general consensus of the thread (compared to just the votebox) is a bit more mixed.
Though the design phase is more-so delayed by Aratam doing certain things, so don't worry too much.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 74