Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51

Author Topic: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (Fall 1965 - Final Design Phase)  (Read 60742 times)

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (Fall 1963 - Design Phase)
« Reply #450 on: August 07, 2018, 06:13:02 am »

"Desert Rose" Weather Control Facility:

Massive tracts of Bio-Paste Reactors are to be constructed in the heart of the Desert, where they will power static electricity accumulating towers able to raise and maneuver massive dust storms, which are sent into the Mountains. The tremendous amount of sand and dust in the air will render most long-range combat difficult, especially hampering laser weaponry. Most combustion engines will choke and die, but our ramjets and Bio-Paste Reactors should get by with regular maintenance, as they have no moving parts to clog.

There's another way to counter lasers, and I think we can somewhat reasonably accomplish it with our power generation/mega construction/electricity-in-the-air expertises.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 07, 2018, 06:34:01 am »

Their Blizzard uses ramjets as well, but I like the direction our ideas are headed in.

If we did utilize dust storms, what are the thoughts of thermal goggles added to the RAMP kit for the revision? We may have a bunch of precogs, but we still need to see. For now.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 07, 2018, 06:39:08 am »

I do think we need to make it beyond ordinary dust in some way to make it more effective at shutting down their engines, but that could work
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 07, 2018, 07:25:57 am »

Beyond ordinary dust, Such as metal dust? We could metalize the desert.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: August 07, 2018, 07:34:00 am »

Beyond ordinary dust, Such as metal dust? We could metalize the desert.
That could work
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: August 08, 2018, 04:51:11 am »

Reproposing this in case we decide we want to counter their predictive tech over their flashlights

The D.R.E.A.M. Project

During the process for creating S.E.E.M. soldiers we isolate them from all external worldly influence. The Direct Reintroduction of Entropic Applications of the Mind Project has tried a different approach. When a volunteer for the treatment is secured in their modified CryoStat tank and they begin interaction with the Astral, bioengineers slowly begin introducing white noise into the tank in the form of random information, military or otherwise. This disturbance while being introduced to the Astral tends to damage the subject's biological systems, often to a disabling degree requiring permanent CryoStat submersion, which is why they are chosen from a pool of volunteers.

While S.E.E.M Commandos work in prediction, D.R.E.A.M. Commanders work in unpredictability with minds perfectly tuned for non-linear thought. Most D.R.E.A.M. Commanders do so by communicating orders to the officers their tank is assigned to, while the few that are combat-capable prefer to do so from the front. They dig into the vast knowledge pool their subconscious was bombarded by in order to act in a way that is unexpected while accomplishing their objectives, while also using their precognitive abilities to analyze all possibilities.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: August 08, 2018, 01:32:01 pm »

Design: JOYOUS OPERATIONS OF THE YEARNING (JOY)

Although the original foundation of research material and volumes for the JOY program were sourced from the BEO’s archives, we still do not know exactly when and where these acquisitioned material had came to our collection in the Black Chambers. Regardless, Even with the recent raid on the Black Chamber by the Cult of Abbadon Elements , the JOY Program is expected to be fully developed and even enhanced by the deviant elements we had extinguished and studied over the past few hectic days.

A subject undergoing the JOY Program Is implanted with material harvested from the Astral Realm. Then, they undergo cryogenic stasis to fully meld with their new parts. Then, once they are finished with the implantation process, they are subjected to a similar process to the SEEM program, with chemical augmentations given to them as time goes, similar to a SEEM Operative but again, with material directly siphoned out of the Astral.

The entire process is very, very simple. On paper.

The resulting personnel is noticeably joyful, imacble, and generally sociable. They are profoundly empathetic. Too the point where the selection process prioritizes utter loyalty to the cause, while still being intelligent enough to act as a soldier. It is almost heartbreaking to make them learn how to kill for the state again, and is the task that has became the most difficult and time consuming off\ the operation.

When classical comparisons for the JOY Operators abilities had failed, our researchers hd turned to multiple sources, ranging from medieval alchemy to religious scripture, particularly from the Tibetan Bön. It is still not exactly clear where which boundaries begin, and which ones end, but the “soul” of a person is described to be made up of 4 elements, The Fire of Change, Loyalty, and a drive to action. The Earth of Will Power, Body, and Timing, The Air of Freedom, Choice and Breath, The Water of handling change, Family, and Etcetera.

Joy Operators can change a persons “Soul” from large distances through the Astral, and operators on the field trained to extinguish a person's fire. To make them unwilling to act, undetermined and wavering in the face of conflict. In essence, they lose the will to live. This is very, very effective on airplane pilots, soldiers, and other combat personnel, as in most cases, A soldier afflicted by having their fire extinguished will often wander aimless about the battlefield, gun lost, until they are either mowed down or taken back. Pilots and tank drivers are a different story, and will most likely perish upon the craft failing.

-----

BRIEFING -- TOP SECRET -- NECROSTATE SECRETS
DATE: 9/28/1963

THE CULT OF ABBADDON

The Cult of Abbadon is a paramilitary organization that is most likely equipped by local, foreign, or otherwise otherworldly support. They have been uncovered after the severe loss of life and materiel after they had commenced a lightning raid on the Black Facilities, which had been repelled, albeit after several critical resources had been stolen right from us, including the first SEEM operative.

They have precluded a use of specially trained soldiers that are universally trained in the Astral beyond our own, with tactics, abilities and weapons that use the astral in ways we are unable. They did not recover all their own corpses, or their wounded, so we had managed to interrogate some information on their presence which, combined with footage and electronic recording, has resulted in a cohesive report on what we know; Who they are, what they are, and what their ultimate goal is.

They are a doomsday cult, hell-bent on bringing back Abbadon, a dead god, to life, to existence, Into the Astral. He suffers. His corpse, Abbadons corpse is a blight on the Astral, and we all feel it, for it is causing the end of the world.

And the Cult of Abbadon wishes to hasten the end.

One of the objects recovered by BEO Agents during the past few months was a blade, eight inches long, made out of a unknown material resembling rock and pallid blood color. It was one of the objects stolen, and had been the primary objective of their raid on the Black Chambers. We believe this blade was critical to their objective, as it is the literal part of the dead god, a manifestation of its power, broken as the god was, before it had died.  This blade was stolen by Enemy operatives, and its current whereabouts are unknown.

Those interrogated repeatedly state that we are doomed, us, not Aratam us, but Humanity us. The World, mankind, everything will burn in a cloud of lung destroying ash and fire.. They loudly proclaim that we are, “finished”. Interrogations has neatly used their superiority in gaining the information we had needed, before they had been disposed of, as it is clear they have an Astral Presence with the ability to use it, had it not been suppressed by a regiment of chemicals.

[...]

Bilbo “Rumba" Bebpko stood tall, rifle in hand in his Dress uniform. To his sides were his brothers in arms, each with a rifle in their hands on this somber day. The funeral pyres of a thousand dead men had only just begun.

“Rifles up!”

Like a machine, he raised his rifle, and pointed in the air.

“Fire!”

And so, the seven gun salute was had. Memories swilled within his mind.

“I CAN FEEL THEM IN MY HEAD!”

“I’M ON FIRE, I’M ON FIRRREE!”

“My leeeeeegs, my leeegggss…”

“Fire!”

His mother turned to him, “It’s okay…” shuddering, even as the bullet wound bled down her side, oozing blue, translucent ichor. “Come closer… so I can forgive you…”

“Fire!”

“YOU’RE THE WORST SON, SHOULD’VE THROWN YOU AGAINST THE WALL AND--GAAAHHH!”

“Fire!”

Blood dripped from his ears, his brow and his nose, some of it flowing to make the iron taste in his mouth--

The ceiling was raining blood.

“Fire!”

His ears was ringing.

“Fire!”

The last man left standing had eyes that were so sad and angry.

“Fire!”

He never wanted to have eyes like that.

“Dismissed!”
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:19:56 pm by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 09, 2018, 09:46:06 am »

Quote from: Boat Rocks
Joyous Operations of the Yearning (0):
The D.R.E.A.M. Project (0):
"Desert Rose" Weather Control Facility (0):
Sonic Shield Emitter (1): MoP
"Gemini" SMML-63 MANPAD (0):
Temporal Agents (0):

Let's get this vote on the road. Upon further reflection I feel like a large-scale shielding option for everything is our best bet, though I'd still like to see DREAM pushed through, especially now that it can be tied into the Black Chamber. While I liked the idea of weather control at first, I feel like it'll hinder both sides, and next turn their ORACLE is going to factor it in quite easily. A Sonic Shield Emitter could potentially be installed on every vehicle, building, and person in Aratam, and could help us keep Mereth from getting that sweet, delicious Mountain Ore. Even if the enemy knows where we'll go, they can't kill what they can't hit. Plus, Sonic Shielding might push us one step closer to fully weaponized Fury troops.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 09, 2018, 02:17:38 pm »

I dont think a sonic emitter thing aint gona do us good.

The JOY Project (0): Blood_Librarian
Sonic Shield Emitter (1): MoP
Temporal Agents (0):

[/quote]

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 09, 2018, 02:52:03 pm »

The JOY Project (1): Blood_Librarian
Sonic Shield Emitter (2): MoP, Rockeater
Temporal Agents (0):

Best soulotion to their CLAW which is a big probelom

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »

Operation Providence:
”The Flesh is Weak, and the Soul is Immortal”

Providence Operators are the newfound agents of the Astral Realm, through even rigorous training for SEEM Soldiers that results to severe training accidents, the most advanced connecting equipment to the Material Realm from the Black Chamber and the Astral, and the final thing devout flagellation to the entities of force of the Astral Realm, the Providence Operators, known as “Flagellants” see the Ethereal Realm the crossing between the two and see the world in a new light where the mind is heightened to extrasensory levels and their physical bodies they inhabit are of a new form, their blood is energized with the piety of the Astral where it is pink and their bodies glow just slightly as their connection to the two realms have increased. Their combat efficacy leads to new forms of devoutness and hatred of the flesh, it must be punished and suffer for its crimes. The Flagellants are in all-methods Rapturous and their connection to the Astral has led to a very paranormal ability for the manipulation of the minds of the physical beings of the flesh and no Material Realm barrier can stop the Flagellants from seeing your psionic link to the Astral, in which they with their blood make you suffer causing a severe case of ruptured intracranial aneurysms that lead to unconsciousness and death of inhabitants of the Material Realm, this is known as when they Exsanguinate. These are the new prophets and soldiers of the Astral, how will enemies of this world use material barriers of heavy armor and jets when they can’t handle a different form of force?

What does the enemy see you might ask?, the picture is of the enemy mind with their olfactory sense hears a light murmur and a whisper for a moment, and it continues to their mind as the Astral infects their mind and they see a different form of existence, the corrosion to their brain neurons rupturing through the aneurysm, as the enemy sees a different light where they fall into unconsciousness, this is how the Astral invades into the Material.

Quote from: It’s a Votebox
Temporal Agents (0):
Operation Providence: (1) SC
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:41:24 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 10, 2018, 09:01:29 am »

Quote from: It’s a Votebox
Temporal Agents (0):
Operation Providence: (2) SC, Blood_Librarian

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 10, 2018, 09:16:24 am »

If we want people who can kill using the Astral Realm we should just go with Temporal Agents. They're functionally the same thing (correct me if I'm mistaken) but the Agents are, in my opinion, thematically cooler. Also, Temporal Agents would be cooler to see affect the civilian sector than a Flagellant Inquisition.

EDIT: Also, we want the Necrostate to be seen as the highest form of power, not the abyss.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 09:18:44 am by Man of Paper »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 10, 2018, 06:32:16 pm »

I believe the Joy Project is most in line with the lore and what we (me) have set up, but I'll be damned if I am gonna let stupid and dumb sonic shields win the day.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 10, 2018, 06:48:01 pm »

Well I mean I have established a great deal of lore before I left after the Heavy-Duty Grizzly Armors came up, since I’ll say 40-50% of the designs are on me on most of the technological things; The coilguns and vehicles; and missiles and such.

Anyways I feel like the Merethian deserve to suffer for their sins against the Astral; they resort to technology and computer for their salvation? They shall see why they are wrong and pay the price, and it’s much more effective than temporal agent as the Flagellants are just Men between the Material and Astral and are there to show the glory of it
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 51