Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Seedship  (Read 11853 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Seedship
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 10:18:23 am »

Success! I managed to kill off 73% of the people on landing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 10:19:55 am »

hah, also got a dystopian police state only with an alien slave caste. Which i enslaved despite being technologically inferior...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 10:32:08 am »

And a game where everybody lived. Instant loss of 40% tech on landing due to "Poor" resources, but otherwise everything worked out.

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2017, 04:03:32 pm »

This is on Android too. I quite like the feel of it (what was that American colonist game, travelling to the west in your wagon?). Very similar vibe, but really quick to play. Also incredibly random.

My best is an Atomic Age Cosmic Enlightenment, at 12444 pts, where I really lucked out on the bonus extras (similar tech aliens, moon, beautiful, etc, almost all green/yellow everything). Found it quite early too, so had most of my cols and databases, etc.

My next highest are Information Age Post-scarcity Utopias, at 10220 and 10154 pts each.

I tend to go for resource scanners first, then either water or gravity next. The resources have a huge impact on your final society type, so are worth lots of points if you luck out on other stuff.

Text dump of my best one:

Turns out you can get your scientific databases pumped up by an alien probe event (mine was at 108% in a recent game),  and that there's even post-singularity aliens (who strangely integrated well due to having similar levels of technology? It was a crappy planet though).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 04:37:02 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2017, 04:45:51 pm »

I finally got 12600 on one by choosing a world with atomic age aliens and cultural/scientific artifacts, just to see what the result was like. There was a bunch of yellows and one red in the environment, but apparently that doesn't matter if you have high construction... only just figured that out. Anyway, no colonists died, and we developed a... Post-Singularity Cosmic Enlightenment civilisation.

Marginal atmos, Low gravity, Hot, Trace amounts of water, but rich resources. Useful animals and high tech ruins... human and alien tech and philosophy. We sometimes have traders and diplomats from the atomic-age natives. I see us as distant guides, providing social and political leadership, as well as rationing out incredibly powerful technology. Although I suppose the natives must find our ultra-sealed super-tall synth-tech arcologies a little unnerving, especially given our perverse enjoyment of water.

Moral: enough natural mineral resources, and everyone's happy!
Ehm... given a sufficiently high level of mutual development as well as goodwill on the part of the more technologically advanced nations, that is.
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 05:28:16 pm »

Huh. I feel like I've had lots of deaths to stuff like unbreathable atmosphere when I had full construction, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 05:42:08 pm »

Hmm!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 08:58:30 pm »

I tried to keep going to see how far the ship could go, since one of the planet descriptions that can be generated is "the seedship has made its way to the edge of the galaxy". However, it seems that's just flavor text.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 09:11:50 pm »

Yeah, I did one run just going on until all the colonists died, to see what would happen. It's pretty disappointing.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 10:01:09 pm »

Got a really nice run, mostly via pure luck. Found a really nice world early on, successfully searched a meteorite, and what hits I took were directed to the surface probes.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 05:11:39 am »

> Native relations (Integrated Societies):   2000

anyone got to see what's the optimum of that? there should be one at 3000pt, as the others

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 08:30:29 pm »

Meh there's no real gameplay, it's just a roll of the dice and reading what was written for the planet you chose.

Also, as someone interested in astronomy, it annoys me to read about asteroids damaging systems on my ship, when I know that the odds are way too low.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 08:54:35 pm »

(what was that American colonist game, travelling to the west in your wagon?)

The Oregon Trail.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 05:23:33 pm »

What a fun game!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:44:25 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2017, 06:47:20 pm »

My first run was a technical success: humanity survived, but more than 300 died during the journey or while building the colony, and the damage to the cultural databases led to the formation of an oppressive, iron-fisted police state.

My second run went much better: all colonists survived, on a nice world with plenty of water and edible vegetation, where the major flaw was that people have to wear breathing masks when they leave their underground cities. On the bright side, all databases survived intact as did the construction equipment, and so humanity lives on in a post-scarcity utopia.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5