Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Dreams of Madness - Minimalistic Lucid Dream RTD  (Read 2114 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Dreams of Madness - Minimalistic Lucid Dream RTD
« on: November 21, 2017, 11:30:33 am »

Dreams of Madness

Have You ever had a dream so crazy, insane or just wrong in some way that it made You think "Is that even real?" while still asleep? In this RTD You'll be put into such a dream, where absurd and grotesque form the reality. Fully aware of this unusual, marvelous state, You will have complete control over dream landscapes or even whole dimensions in a massive, shared lucid dream.

There is no winning condition in this RTD, it's an open, limitless sandbox game. Players have unlimited powers, restricted only by rolls. It is possible to lose by allowing dream stability to fall down, every player starts with 3 points of stability and lose 1 point with every two failures. An epic failure takes 2 stability points, while overshots take 1 depending on their outcome. Succeeding in actions strenghtens the dream stability, allowing to remain in the game for longer.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dreams of Madness - Minimalistic Lucid Dream RTD
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 11:31:19 am »

Dreamers

Dustan Hache - [###]
randomgenericusername - [#--]
ziizo - [###]
Glass - [#--]
crazyabe - [#--]
Secheral - [##-]
TankKit - [###]
CrocAndBearLover - [###]
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:57:38 pm by Dark One »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:38:38 am »

Interesting.
I am in a dark forest at night. Something is hunting us.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:45:47 am »

Attemp to contact the elder gods by the dream
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 11:58:56 am »

Participate in a car race in a roof-less car with a bear as my co-pilot
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 12:23:02 pm »

Turn 1

Dustan Hache

It was meant to be a pleasant camping by a lake. With friends you have already constructed your tents up and set up a campfire. It seemed that something was drawn in to the fire. Was it a beast? A demon or dark spirit? Perhaps it was a boogeyman himself! You remember seeing the strange figure only briefly, as you were running away from the campsite. You have ran deeper into the forest, dark, cold and creepy. Howling of wolves in the distance made you freak out. Why have you all split up!? You tried shouting, but no one replied. Suddenly something jumped right in front of you. It was the Bigfoot, with a black, enormous afro on it's head and pink glasses. Wait a minute, why does it have an afro and pink glasses? Wassup? - it asked you, taking a sit on a tree stump and chilling out drinking beer. You have just realized that it's a lucid dream!

randomgenericusername

This was a long and tiring day. Working at retail store is really draining life out of you, but it's not stopping you from cultivating your passions in free time. You put a black robe on yourself, lit up several candles and took a sleep on a rollmat lying on a floor, pentagramme drawn around it. Maybe this time you will succeed? As you fall asleep, your house turns into abnormally huge underwater city. Underwater? But you can breathe just fine! Suddenly a massive figure rouse above the city. A monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind. Ah, the dreamer finally respond to my calls! - it said, limitless power in it's voice. Legions of humanoid, fish-like creatures left their houses and started bowing before their master, shouting: Cthulhu fhtagn! Why has it called you a dreamer? It's a lucid dream!

ziizo

Noises of engines, smell of gasoline, the feeling of wind on your face and hair, flies in your teeth and roars of your bear co-pilot. Wait a minute, you have a co-pilot and it's a bear? Right, you're in a car race, driving in your extremely expensive roof-less Lamborghini. But how can your bear even guide you, it's an animal after all! You don't worry about that, as you have a Bachelor of Arts in animal speech. Parents always pressed you to become a doctor or a lawyer, but after graduating from Miskatonic University, you have decided to pursue your dreams. Racing that is! With power of quantum engine under your car's hood, you leave behind most of your opponents. This thing picks a punch, you drive with the speed of light! But what's this, someone has caught up with you! Looking into the other car, you see Osama bin Laden! He pressed a buttong and fireworks shot up to the sky, forming a "This dream is a bomb!" text. It's a dream? Well, this explains a lot!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:29:35 pm by Dark One »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 12:32:30 pm »

Recruit the fish people and go to the surface. Try to recruit mortals into the cult of Cthulhu.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 01:16:16 pm »

I am... well, no, I'm not Aaron Blaze. I'm a person that's thinking at night about the adventures of Aaron Blaze and a variety of other characters that I think of every night.

Currently... hmn...
Ok, right now, no Aaron. Right now, Vladimir "Nox" Golubev (sniper, member of the first XCOM back in 2012), and Raniya "The Kid" (protege, prefers pistols). XCOM 2, "Operation: Roadteip", riding in a stolen ADVENT van, persued by a sectopod.

(This is literally what I do when I'm sleeping, I don't have dreams, I just think up stories :| )
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 02:22:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 01:19:53 pm »

Is time for cheating, Pass the bear an grenade launcher and tell him to shoot to any competitor that gets close

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 02:15:07 pm »

>Sit at work in the interdreamversal anomaly department and wait for a job.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 03:33:56 pm »

Bigfoot? Not what I expected. Tell him it's almost morning (causing them to go home) and start thinking of what it would be like to BE the nightmarish thing.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 04:20:54 pm »

Turn 2

randomgenericusername

[2] You try to recruit any fishmen, so they'd go with you to the surface and help you recruit mortals into cult of Cthulhu. The idea of leaving their cozy, underwater houses is not really appealing to them, even despite you telling them that it's a dream and it'd be harmless for them.

Glass

Day by day, life goes as usual. Each night, you lie into your bed and think. You never dream of anything, as you don't possess the blessing of strong, colourful visions that many experience each night. Instead you lie, thinking and making up stories crafted entirely by your own will and consciousness. Stories about mysterious individual named Aaron Blaze, but also many other characters. Deep in your thoughts, you're absorbed by thoughts about Vladimir "Nox" Gobulev and Raniya "The Kid", a sniper and his protege driving in a stolen ADVENT van. As you think about their escape from a sectopod, you drift off just for a while and let subconscious take rule. You are both Vladimir and Raniya and you are able to see things from two different perspectives, feel that you have two separate bodies that you can control and perceive with. A strange thought kicks in, is this a dream? Yes, it is! You never have any dreams, especially of the lucid kind!

ziizo

[4] A terrorist getting so close to your car! This is your race, and nothing is going to stop you from winning right now! You open the car's stash and take out a RPG-28 grenade launcher that shoots 125mm warheads, and pass it to your co-pilot. For a moment you can see a mischievous smile on bear's face.

[Bear: 4, Osama bin Laden: 4] The bear roars to get bin Laden's attention, then shots a warhead at his car when he takes a look at it. With extraordinary reflex, the terrorist takes out an Ultimate 500 revolver and shots! The bullet perfectly hits the warhead and it explodes between vechicles, fire, shrapnells and molten metal flying all around!

Crazyabe

Your dream life is mostly boring. After falling asleep, you were always sitting in some office, an "interdreamversal anomaly department" as you call it, and always waiting for a real job. Usually you were making coffee for special agents, and today you had to stay late-hours to clean a mess they did at one of their dream parties. But this night at the office was different. While trying to close an inter-dream portal, a telephone rang. It was an old 1940's model of a phone, it rang only in case of emergency. You pick up the telephone receiver and hear someone say: Whomever anwers this phone! The inter-dream borders have weakened greatly and lucid dreamers run around in one dreamscape! Answering this phone, you are assigned to become an agent on duty. This is a dream! I repeat, this is a dream! - the voice said, and suddenly an agent ID popped up pinned to your shirt.

Dustan Hache

[2] Dude, the morning is near! You'd better go to your lair! - you say to the bigfoot, but it doesn't seem to care about it at all. Easy man, there's plenty of time. Let's just chill! - the bigfoot replied.

[5] After the beast's refusal, you started thinknig what it would be like to be a nightmarish monstrosity. Suddenly your skin changed into sand paper, your face drastically changed so you only had a maw with black, sticky liquid oozing out of it and countless razor-sharp, jagged teeth. You limbs got significantly longer and thinner, but your muscles and bones strenghtened greatly, losing weight at the same time. Several smaller appendages grewn out of your side, each ending with a different piece of machinery - one with a blade of circular saw, another with a nail gun, third possessing a hook and fourth had a grindstone. You felt electricity coursing through your body, powering it up significantly. It was an unusual feeling to be a monstrosity, a "protagonist" of nightmares. You received a feeling of dominance! No longer you were a prey, but rather the hunter! With this new surge of power, you just couldn't stop yourself from twitching or making any moves, you feel too mighty for inactivity!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »

Huh. Interesting.

On the other hand, I'm we're being chased by a giant robot. So that's not exactly ideal.

Nox: I have a prototype laser rifle, made just before the aliens won the first time. It can't do any damage, but it's an excellent EMP weapon; it can disrupt not only robots, but also the electrical signals of the organic neural system. Use it to disable the sectopod.

Raniya: pedal to the metal, let's get out of here!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 04:29:30 pm »

Ask Cthulhu about this strange lucid dream. Dreaming for million of years probably grants vast knowledge and power in the dreamlands. If this was a normal dream, anything I wanted (like recruiting the deep ones) would have come true, right? This is not normal at all.
Also can Cthulhu teach me any dream tricks?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 05:04:13 pm »

Ram him. While the bear keeps shooting him
Pages: [1] 2 3