Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23917 times)

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2018, 07:53:35 pm »

I thought I specified in my character creation post that my character lived at the Spine of the Land?

Edit: I have double checked my previous posts. I have made two references to her being at the Spine of the Land, and one reference to it being west of the Norlands. So I am not sure how this mix up occurred. I guess that maybe the other mountain range is also part of the Spine of the Land, and maybe the map is actually upside down meaning that west is actually on the right side of the map?
Currently you are on the beach. Your lair is in the mountains.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2018, 08:40:06 pm »

The point I was trying to make is that I was supposed to be in the mountains on the other continent, at the mountain range called the Spine of the land, west of the Norlands. Approximately somewhere within the circled area on the map in this spoiler. I have specified the Spine of the Land in my character application, reply #166 of this post, and re-iterated it on my very first action which is reply #169. I am not disputing that I am on a beach, I am saying that I was started off in the wrong mountains.

The dragon icon you added to the map shows my character as being on the continent that does not contain the Spine of the Land, which is wrong.

(I'm willing to roll with this if it would be unreasonably difficult to fix the error at this point)

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:36:32 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2018, 09:02:35 pm »

Acid Maw:

The war party will than wait out the storms and than come back to the tribe for the future Southern exploration of what's it's been affecting the magic of the place

The Acid-Maw shamans will than work with the Lakami to have future construction efforts on expanding the zones and their aura of influence, and also looking to sap some of the knowledge of their ship-constructing.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2018, 01:59:02 am »

Yeah, my mistake. I can shift you there. The only big thing that would be changed is that you wouldn't have the encounter with the Scholar.

Also the only person left to act is Kittytac.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:10:18 am by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 11, 2018, 03:56:03 am »

City-state
Name: Ertane
Background: An outpost of pioneers disillusioned with the Iomeeran empire set up this outpost years ago. Despite a lack of natural resources, they eventually built a busy trade-city.
Whilst politics is tense with the Iomeeran empire which still technically views them as a vassal, they have managed to gain some semblance of independent existence, for now.

Action: Investigate... rotted fish?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 04:05:03 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 11, 2018, 04:02:43 am »

Okay, you'll have an action next.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:41:06 pm by Cadeyrn Heffernan »
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2018, 07:42:53 pm »

We just need KittyTac to post an action.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2018, 09:00:19 pm »

The Nekohlin greet the Iomeeran civilians.

I guess you aren't here to trade... Then what?

Flame thinks: That was dangerous. Time to get out of here. And flies away faaaaaaaaar north,
 to the other side of the continent.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2018, 03:38:00 am »

Okay. For now I'll hold off on Supernerd's Dragon, until he decides whether he wants to remain in the Norlands which I accidentally put him in (oops), or if he wants to be on the Eastern Continent. It's a fairly big decision, so I'm giving him extra time.

Goltor
You follow the army discreetly. It seems there is a mass mobilization happening, every citizen is either going south with the armies, carrying supplies and being taught to fight or shoot, or evacuating south. Many bandits are preying on the civilians, as there is no guards or such protecting them. After a few weeks march, the army arrives at their destination- A massive fortification, huge walls and earthworks running from horizon to horizon, with camps of thousands behind them. The fortifications are thick and tall, with towers peering over them to watch whatever is on the other side. You feel a great evil on the other side, of power so great that it almost physically pushes on you.

Lakami and Acid-Maw
Your shamans, mages and wise-folk work tirelessly together, and discussions between the two sides benefit the knowledge of both. You make leaps and bounds in magical theory and practice, as well as every other learned art, as different perspective and knowledge solves mysteries that had confounded both sides. You both work to create the zones to push this malevolent force away, and make them larger using Lakami magic. It works, the zones are now larger on the inside, but a communal worry arises, revealed by your shared magic- The source of the malicious power is revealed: There is a land of death and destruction across the sea, which is expanding. Monstrous creatures gnash and screech within the shadows, writhing masses of flesh and fear. To the north, a great empire works to thwart them, a massive wall has been built from coast to coast, and all non-combatants are being evacuated, but you doubt it will be enough against the horrors who approach. The cooperation of your wise-folk also grants you a great non-magical advance- You can now build ships that can cross the sea, but it requires both Lakami and Acid-Maw to work.

Lakami
One of your best smiths has retreated into isolation, and is refusing all visitors.

Acid-Maw
Your force returns from the North, and a great weapon smith has started working on what he claims is his masterpiece.

Flame
The flesh that had squirmed on the creature continues to fall off, while your heart pounds, panic rushing through you. Shadows settle around you like mist, and the sun begins to fade from the sky. You turn to flee, spinning away from the dead forest, and find yourself face to face with a large creature seemingly composed of darkness.
"Leaving so soon, Dragon?
It's voice booms, and it growls the last word like an insult, your fear continues to rise, as this creature looks disdainfully upon you.
"I can't allow that, we have so much to talk about."

Nekohlin
The Iomeeran civilians are here to seek refuge- The entire nation had been mobilized for war, and all non-combatants had been forcibly evacuated, with whatever supplies were spare. They are willing to work to stay, but thousands are pouring in- Far beyond your current capacity.

Lizzy Kyro
While you walk the halls, you can see tens of thousands of humans gathering outside, and can sense many hundreds of thousands more travelling, the vast majority are women with children- There is no one of fighting age who doesn't have at least a single child. You search, eventually finding the scholar the Nekohlin had talked about.
"Hello... Lizzy Kyro, was it?

Qassatoughua
You swim to the west, the crew you dominated following you mindlessly, but half-way there, you feel many things approaching. Dark things, emanating evil, and your slaves begin to scream with horror that they should no longer be capable of...
No other life stirs around.

Ertane
You investigate the decline in the population of fish, finding it is magical, and likely related to the expansion of Todeslande. You have been receiving hundreds of refugees from Iomeer, as the civilians are evacuated from the country.

Steelclaw, Neriend and The Messenger
As everyone flees to the ships, and prepares to flee, Neriend collapses, bleeding from every visible orifice, the light vanishing for the briefest moment before the Messenger completed the spell himself. In that brief moment, a dozen more men disappear screaming into the darkness. You cast off, mist pouring through the darkness, and sail as fast and far as you can, the light protecting the ships from the enemy. After what seems to be forever, you think the darkness begins to become less oppressive, although you aren't sure.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2018, 06:49:55 am »

Only allow in refugees which allow us to requisition their boats. The new arrivals fish, farm or fight, or are banned from the cities. Arrange supplies from the Iomeeran empire. Allow some residents (the wealthy) to evacuate further north
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2018, 03:00:45 pm »

Goltor
Goltor thought for a moment. revealing herself to the army might frighten them, so she decided against it.
Watch and wait.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2018, 05:16:29 pm »

Oh, I was expecting to get a PM from you.

Leave my dragon where she is if it would be easier on the GM. If it wouldn't be easier on the GM, flip a coin.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 05:23:34 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2018, 12:26:04 pm »

Messenger attempts to keep the light up

Is darkness all around Qassatoughua with no escape ?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2018, 12:34:46 pm »

Acid-Maw

Prepare a scouting force of five hundred lizardfolk warriors and hunters that are prepared to with the help of a boat, will have the choice of either going to the kingdom and asking for mercenary assistance against this dark force in exchange for valuables, or just make some preliminary reports on the horror in the south. Which the Acid-Maw wise-folks believe in a different continent.

The shamans and wise-folks, will prepare the tribes with a effort of investing more times on creating a magical wall on the coasts filled with the anti-magic stones so that they can protect against a incursion of horrors

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2018, 04:58:49 pm »

Neriend will... Well, be unconscious I guess

The Lakami will design armour for the Acid-Maw, assist them with the ships, and assist them in creating the coastal positive magic barrier.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25