Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23911 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #195 on: January 07, 2018, 11:32:21 am »

The plants seem to have minimal effect upon the pale line ridden being that was Lizzy. Sure frost went and her skin looked a bit better but overall? It didn't look that different and she still looked ill. She still looked like she was frankly unwell!

As for the arrow, however, it came out with the pain relief drug being administered. Her blood an unusually dark red and small amounts lightly flowing out. The arrow was gone and the wound looked...old.

Deeper then it should and fissures were around it that had seemed to be from something expanding? Frostbite had been strong as well and it seemed to pierce the flesh there!

Furthermore?

Lizzy was pretty cold to the touch. Her lines seemed to have some heat but otherwise? She was freezing cold like ice yet she didn't really seem to be shivering that much...or acting like someone that cold should.

Her voice did respond a jolliness to it clearly thankful a small...barely seeable blush on their lips.

"Morninglord be praised! That feels sooo much better! The thing was itching something fierce ye know what I mean?"

A bit of an uncharacteristic solemness overtaking their features an edge to their voice gently growing. Eyes fading slightly a flicker of the lines glowing brighter. Her eyes glinting in the light.

Voice tight fingers clenching...deftly...despite the frostbite that had been all over her. Despite how her fingers should be utterly numb and painful to move. Her smile returning tight-lipped before splitting into a grin looking the cats in the eyes.

"Woman of the blessed shouldn't be all unattended for long yes? Real shame that I've been unattended for so long huh? Mind giving me a bit o shelter friends?"

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 07, 2018, 08:25:59 pm »

Qassatoughua will try to mentally dominate closest ship crew it can find.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 08, 2018, 04:32:36 am »

((Aw, geez, I thought this was dead, sorry.))

Steelclaw stares into the darkness, from whence the sound of his dying men still echoes. He considers his surviving crew, who look anxiously to him for orders.
Young men- nay, boys- who celebrated their funerals months ago whilst not truly believing death could ever claim them.
Their situation may be uniquely hopeless, but at the very least he could try to redeem them in the eyes of the gods, such that at least in death their spirits might escape the cursed land.

He picks up the helmet he had previously thrown on the ground, dusts it off, and puts it on. The cracking of his knuckles is somehow louder than the wailing of the beasts.

"The denizens of the Todeslande are numberless. We shall accomplish little by staying put. You, you, and you, check the ships. The rest of you, close ranks, protect the casters, and hold as if your soul depended on it."

As his men check the ships, Steelclaw dips his hand in the water of the supposed lake, attempting to determine whether it is salty or fresh.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2018, 07:29:40 pm »

Vile-Tooth

Okay at this point the The war party, is going to slaughter all of the prisoners for delicious flesh. And just go back down to the original tribe location.

The Shamans shall seeings that they have to go south. While waiting for the party to the north, they try to see if they can enhance the size of these anti-negative magic aura with crystal stones and other means.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2018, 11:34:17 pm »

Okay. Jesus, those interactions were complex.

Goltor

You continue heading south, passing the dragon and entering into some human lands. There are many emptied villages, and thousands of soldiers marching south,
 just like you...

Ka'uratazun
You arrive at the beach, slaking your thirst on the salty sea water. You wander the beach for a small amount of time, smelling the winds. There is nothing on the beach now, other than the sickly smell of decay. A man approaches you, with a wagon with a few crates on it, and a large object covered by a canvas. "Hello. I wish to talk."

Lakami
Your work to increase the number of Lakami you can fit in a ship results in failure. Attempts to shrink things result in death, and the efforts to increase the internal volume of your ships result in failure, as you have no materials that can support the enchantments. You share your knowledge of the dark magic across the sea with the Acid-Maw, and find that they know the same amount as you.

Acid-Maw
You work to increase your safe-zones, but it seems in vain. The Lakami's work to increase the internal volume of their ships seem to be the key, but that would require you to work with them much more closely than you have before. The War Party consumes their prisoners, and escapes the search parties. They are forced to stop and seek shelter in the Lakami's areas that they set up for Acid-Maw visitors however, when a massive storm rolls through the desert between your rivers.

Flame
You wildly lash out at the thing that has grabbed you, roaring your fear and anger. Your claws bite into flesh, and your flames sear the air. You feel claws scratch across your scales and armour. You twist in it's grip, facing your enemy. It looks like a dragon made of writhing flesh, it undulates, growing limbs, and absorbing them back into itself. Your claws rake through its squirming body, it's flesh parting and reforming after they continue through. It snarls up at you, as you unleash a gout of fire upon it, burning away it's flesh, and it finally stops moving. The flesh that had wriggled and heaved upon it goes limp, and it comes loose from it's body.

Nekohlin
Young Nekohlin become curious about this "Morninglord" as rumours spread, and the Scholar is very curious about your visitor and her 'lines'. The Scholar informs you that there may be ways to combat the magic afflicting you, but they would be expensive, and only effect a small area. Your scouts report the arrival of many Iomeeran civillians. They appear to be unarmed and are most definitely not here to trade.

Lizzy Kyro
You can hear some people talking about you, asking about you, and talking about the Morninglord. You also hear mention of a scholar, and magical problems.

Qassatoughua
You reach out to the minds of the crew of this fishing vessel. They are easy to dominate, and you now have their minds bound to you.

Steelclaw, Neriend and "The Messenger"
Steelclaw goes to the shoreline, and discerns that the water is salty, and tainted with blood and rotting flesh. Neriend seems to be struggling to keep the light, and it fades back until the shadows are barely ahead of your men. She is pale, and shaking. The Messenger's fire is still roaring over your men's heads, but when it reaches the shadows, you lose sight of it. You aren't even sure if it is even burning beyond an inch into the shadows. The reek of decay hangs in the air, and the creatures are huddling close at the edge of Neriend's light, and the light continues to fade...
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 08, 2018, 11:49:42 pm »

Goltor
Curious. Perhaps there is a battle rampaging?
Lie low, try to avoid detection and follow the army.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2018, 12:19:25 am »

After Ka'uratazun finished drinking as much water as she wanted, she turns to face the courageous stanger who dared to address her directly. Modern day scholars who studied the dragons would typically read at least one story about Ka'uratazun, and even among dragonkind she was very selfish and generally disdainful of the lesser races. And if you asked her what qualified as a lesser race, she would tell you anything that isn't a dragon assuming that she felt like answering you at all.

This dragon couldn't care less about the prospect of speaking to such a person, but she was curious about his posessions. Could there be treasure in those boxes perhaps? She intended to find out, and she certainly wasn't above stealing. She also didn't intend to go to the trouble of bringing things back to her lair that she didn't want. Thus she decided on a course of action.

Ka'uratazun looks down upon the man and says "Then speak quickly. I'll give you until I decide what I want to take from you". Not long after that, she starts walking towards the wagon and lowers her head to take a sniff. She was an old beast, one who knew the smell of just about every precious mineral and jewel that had a scent, and most of the non-precious ones for that matter. After all, she was an Earth Dragon who spent most of her very long life collecting them...
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2018, 08:27:54 am »

Neriend will keep the light as long as she can.

The Lakami will work with the Acid-Maw to develop these safe zones if they are willing. The ship building will continue, and we will experiment with making wood more durable for the enchantments.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 09, 2018, 08:47:17 am »

((So, hang on, did the ships come with us or not? You said they did, and it would make sense since you couldn't push us to escape over the water harder if you tried, but I sent men to check on them and heard nothing back?))

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 09, 2018, 10:48:52 pm »

((Oh, didn't see that. The ships are fine))
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2018, 04:19:18 am »

Updated the map, enjoy.
Spoiler: The map (click to show/hide)
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2018, 05:19:59 am »

Messenger shall help neriend with keeping the light.( and try to follow steelclaw )

Qassatoughua will swim west (to sea  between spine of the land and desert )
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:54:05 pm by sprinkled chariot »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2018, 06:19:05 am »

Steelclaw places a hand against the hull of the Icy Maiden.

"Lakes of the dead, as salty as fresh blood. Will you see us over these cursed waters, my lady?"

The timbers creak, and Steelclaw listens attentively. He nods, and turns to his companions.

"There may be dangers unknown lurking beneath the tainted surface, but I'd rather take my chances with them than with those things lurking in the dark. To the ships!"

As his men retreat, still facing the darkness, Steelclaw places his hands on the Icy Maiden once again, and calls on her enchanted timbers to summon the mists, for what good it might do them.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2018, 08:49:51 am »

I thought I specified in my character creation post that my character lived at the Spine of the Land?

Edit: I have double checked my previous posts. I have made two references to her being at the Spine of the Land, and one reference to it being west of the Norlands. So I am not sure how this mix up occurred. I guess that maybe the other mountain range is also part of the Spine of the Land, and maybe the map is actually upside down meaning that west is actually on the right side of the map?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:20:40 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2018, 01:04:53 pm »

Rising slowly with a smile. Soft and eager as they listened to the nekolin take in curiosity for her lord. Feelings of satisfaction growing and flickering across her face.

Murky eyes flickering with emotion the clanking of armor.
The gentle rubbing of the broken sword dangling. Striding quietly ignoring. Heading to find this scholar.

Nekolon scholar go find!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25