Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23883 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2018, 04:51:22 pm »

Interplayer Action

The Nekohlin in the office appears to be more interested in O'shea's offhand comment than his previous vague requests for assistance. He dips a large feather into an inkwell and quickly starts to write something on a scrap of paper.

"Is that so? I'm going to want the Scholar's Association to take a look at some of those fish. I presume you took some along with you on your journey here? Take this note with you as you go, it will certify your product as a subject of research and they'll pay you would reasonably expect to receive elsewhere."
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2018, 05:04:35 pm »

The trader stands bewilderedly with the note in his hand.
"Paid? For research? How much would we be talking here?"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2018, 05:15:33 pm »

Is Ealos a setting that I am not aware of? Or is there another thread somewhere describing things? It seems like something I would want to join, but I don't know the lore. (Judging by some player actions, it seems like there is lore)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2018, 06:13:19 pm »

(Note to johian: I do not believe that Ealos is a thing outside of this game. There is a lot of lore, but much of it is secret lore which you do not need to know just to play. If you read the first post and maybe looked at the most recent map you are probably good to submit an application.)

Interplayer Action

"We are taking the food malady quite seriously. You can probably expect to sell them for about twice the cost of the locally caught fish, maybe more if you have an Ichthyologist among your ranks. I would estimate they would buy about a crate of each fish species. On a related note you can probably turn a profit off any foreign crops you might have brought, and you won't even need a letter for that one."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:15:40 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2018, 08:14:47 pm »

The Ertanian merchants were far from the only people that the Nekohlin Leader had been dealing with. He had been getting far less news about his own nation than he was comfortable with. There was only so much that one man can do, so he decided to look into hiring some competent people to help oversee the nation. These people would come to be known as Ministers, they would be experts in one specific industry and they would provide regular reports directly to the leader himself.

The first minister would be the Minister of Learning. A Nekohlin genius who devoted their life to discovering the secrets of the word. The Minister of Learning would be the head of an organization called the Scholars Association, and they would contantly seek to make new discoveries that resolve the Nekohlin's problems and improve the standing of the Nekohlin nation in the world.

The second minister would be the Minister of Industry. With great organizational skills and skilled with logistics, the Minister of Industry would command much of the Nekohlin workforce. The Minister of Industry would see to it that the most efficient possible methods would be used throughout the nation in a variety of industries ranging from farming to metalworking. Any task that can be done repetitively should also be possible to do well.

The third minister would be the Minister of Commerce. The Nekohlin understood the benefits of trade since ancient times, and as more and more nations rise up to the world stage it would soon become more important than ever. The Minister of Commerce would monitor the value of commodities not just among the Nekohlin, but also across the known world. Their job would be to ensure that the Nekohlin would be the first to know of any major variances in the perceived value of goods, and they would have the authority to send the Nekohlin traders to act upon them before the opportunity passes by.

The fourth minister would be the Minister of Defense. It was an unfortunate truth that the land of Ealos was a dangerous place. This veteran member of the military would command the Nekohlin soldiers, oversee their training and decide on where defensive fortifications and encampments would be best located. identify any possible threat to the nation and take whatever actions are necessary to mitigate those threats.

The fifth minister would be the Minister of Culture. Not all threats to the Nekohlin's way of life were external ones. The minister would be a person of merit, with connections in all kinds of places. This socialite would learn about trends in the citizen's behaviors and find out about what the people actually think and desire. After all, if the people are not happy then all the progress in the world wouldn't make them better than the barbarians of the world.

The sixth minister would be the Minister of Thaumaturgy. The art of magic was not accessible to a very large percentage of the Nekohlin. Instead of being the most powerful spellcaster, the chosen minister would have a combination of both arcane and regular knowledge. They would monitor the progress of any major arcane projects and work alongside the other ministers to ensure that magic was being used to the greatest possible benefit of the people.

These were the six areas that the Nekohlin leader deemed to be in the most need of progress. Every turn season the Nekohlin leader would expect to receive a report from all six ministers so that he could lead the Nekohlin with the most useful information that he could.

Now the only person he still needed to talk to was that Cartographer he commissioned. He didn't want to use the old Iomeeran world map forever.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2018, 10:59:50 pm »

“We’re not exactly a farming folk. Most of our goods are from inland Iomeer- metals and tinkerings mostly. One of us may have some sparkpowder around, but trading that is like getting air out of a fish, and whatever we had on the books got left home to feed Nessa.”
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 28, 2018, 05:09:22 am »

Well. So much for Neriend then...

The Lakami will start scrying around for more allies. Also have you PMed Shadowclaw?
Other than that continue as before.
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 30, 2018, 11:14:13 pm »

Sorry for the delay. I'll see about PMing the absent players, but I've been rather busy recently.

Goltor
You quickly convert the catacombs into a lair, and even catch a few animals in doing so.

Ka'uratazun
While the runes still protect them from the blades, they fail completely before your massive claws. The creatures attempt to run, but you dispatch them soon enough. After killing and/or eating the small creatures, you clear the rubble in your lairs entrance and survey the land. You sense a fairly large amount of precious materials to the south east and a smaller amount to the south west.

Lakami
You think you've managed to get everything right for your ritual, but you'll need far more power than you have currently. Your expeditionary fleet reports that they've arrived at the continent, and passed a city on an island. One ship was lost when it's enchantments broke near the mainland, but otherwise the fleet is fine. Your scryers believe that they have found a new people to the south of the Acid-Maw.

Qassatoughua
The enchantment breaks and the darkness quickly consumes the ship, you believe you can replicate the ward, although you don't understand the exact nature of the spell.

Ertane:
The civil restructuring goes well, and you reestablish order. However, an odd hysteria hangs in the air. One of the boats in the fleet that passed your island is suddenly consumed by the darkness, while the rest continue and stop at the continental coastline.
I will leave it here since you haven't entirely resolved the interaction as far as I know.

The Messenger
The Messenger finds three magical items on Neriend's body, a ring, her spear and her helmet.

Nekohlin
You establish the minister system, and your first reports roll in:
Minister of Learning- The Nekohlin learning system is fairly practical and robust but is struggling to reach the edges of the nation, and the poorer families.

Minister of Industry- The industry of the Nekohlin has great potential to expand with the Iomeeran refugees, with secrets like the creation of steel coming in your grasp. Mining and metallurgy are important in the Nekohlin but have been surpassed in importance by farming, which is getting constantly worse results despite the increases in farmed land and numbers of farmers.

Minister of Commerce- The Minister of Commerce quickly finds that oysters and clams sell very well with the Yinglet and that they'll also pay similar amounts for spoiled food as good food.

Minister of Defense- The military quickly expands and is being trained while forts and castles are built around the nation. Scouts are also sent to the north and south to view the Iomeeeran defenses and see what is happening regarding the Ijzervolk. Walls are also built around villages towns and cities, and patrols have begun throughout the land. Currently, the biggest obstacle is a general lack of funds and resources.

Minister of Culture- Currently the people are nervous regarding the Iomeeran defenses not holding, and of the still falling birth rates and food production.

Minister of Thaumaturgy- Currently the vast majority of mages are trying to solve the birth and farming issues, with little effect. The military would like to have more mages and enchantment but is standing aside to let the mages solve the more pressing issues.

I'm not sure if your interaction with Ertane, so I won't include it. There have been delays on the map too, sorry

Llychlyn
You find one grey metal is more rigid and holds an edge quite well when forged but it rusts, while the others are soft, some fairly heavy and do not make good weapons, but don't rust. One is a reddish brown, one is a shiny yellow and quite heavy and one is a shiny white. Your shamans inform you that something observed you magically. Crops have been failing more than usual, and miscarriages have been happening at a higher rate than before.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 30, 2018, 11:20:23 pm »

Goltor
Start a brood. Hunt for animals to feed them.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 31, 2018, 02:19:07 am »

Eheubryd was clearly distraught by the news, this wasn't sign of Fanw being displeased with their actions, at least, she didn't think it was. When Fanw was angry, what would usually happen is game vanishing, or dangerous animals rising in number, and even then those where rare and only when a group of people truly crossed a line. This was being caused by something bad, and whatever it was, Eheubryd had very little idea of what this could be caused by, but clearly if Fanw was made happy, they could stand a much better chance in dealing with this issue. So, Eheubryd ordered the construction of proper temples to Fanw as to make rituals in her name easier along with have a more centralized place for the shamans and priests to do their work.

Of course, there was still more to do, such as figuring out what to do with these metals such as hetar (the grey metal) nghopr (The redishbrown metal) Aur (The yellow shiny metal) and hariannaid (The white shiny metal). The plan was to try and see if hetar could have something applied to it so it didn't rust, but considering what was going on with the crops and people, this was a little thing that was done on the side, as getting Fanw's help in this time was the most important thing at the moment to drive away this magical blight upon the people and crops. Still, it was something that had minor attention payed to it, but nothing too major.

Hopefully, if all went well, Eheubryd would be able to continue having the people work with progress in the art of construction and metalworking as they had been doing these past few months. Of course, soon enough, maybe in a year, Eheubryd planned on expanding on the western cost, with the mountains acting as a strong barrier between the new lands and the snake and lizard people of the north. But that was for the future, not something that would be planned to much right now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2018, 08:41:39 pm »

Ka'uratazun reasoned that if the air dragon stole something, then the dragon would probably be carrying more than the lesser creatures. But actually hunting down the air dragon while he had access to an open sky above would be a long and arduous process for the Flightless Elder Dragon who was already moderately hungry. She could start searching for the dragon's lair at any time; despite that also being a potentially long process.

As for the other creatures... While it was equally true that Ka'uratazun could go to harass a village whenever she wanted, the thieves could pawn off their ill-gotten gain if they made it back to a city alive and she did not want anyone claiming to have been able to steal from her and survive. This seemed like the matter of higher urgency.

Fully intending to go after both sources of treasure sooner or later, the earth dragon decided to start with the smaller quantity. She was prepared to chase after it with a fanatical single-mindedness. The thief wasn't going to escape from her unless they ditched the loot, and even if the treasure wasn't in the hands of the thief, Ka'uratazun would take it anyways and possible kill an innocent bystander just because she is unhappy and mean and indifferent about human/nekohlin/yinglet/other life.

Its totally a double standard, but would you want to argue about that with a dragon?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2018, 11:54:35 pm »

Messenger would try figuring out enchantments on discovered items of power. ( also, do ships keep moving to somewhere actually ? )

Qassatoughua will attempt to make protective barrier
around itself using snake people technique, also it would scry around.

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 04, 2018, 10:07:58 pm »

Too late to join?

Spoiler: My Character (click to show/hide)
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 05, 2018, 03:50:11 am »

Just say where you want to start and what your action is. Any greater detail can be added via PM if you want. Psionics would be a natural form of magic.

I will be late with the update since I'm busy the whole weekend sorry.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Custom Critical

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 05, 2018, 05:17:16 pm »

Take your time. Real life > e-life. I do have a cool ability for this character so....I'll PM that I guess.

Where do I start? Anywhere. Surprise me, GM.
Self-Improvement Junkie | "Practice without improvement is meaningless."
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25