Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]  (Read 23900 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Legends of Ealos (An RP Thing in a fantasy world) [NEW PLAYERS WELCOME]
« Reply #255 on: February 08, 2018, 02:24:48 pm »

Goltor
While the fighting was interesting, it hardly concerned Goltor. She decided it would be best to find a place to set up shop, and headed north towards greener pastures.
Head north.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:46:18 pm by Puppyguard »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 08, 2018, 07:27:24 pm »

A dragon's lair is a place where a dragon can reside for centuries, a place where a dragon can keep his or her hoard in relative safety despite the presence of countless dangers. From petty thieves to rival dragons to the forces of nature themselves. It is seldom mere chance that a dragon can accumulate such a massive pile of treasure in one place. With the possible exeption of the todeslande, a dragon lair could be the most dangerous place in the world. If your plan is to hunt a dragon, you don't do it in the one place where said dragon spent centuries preparing defenses at.

"So. You were the thief!" shouted Ka'uratazun. If anything was brave enough to try to rob her, the indruding dragon was a likely suspect. Young enough to have never been in a life and death struggle yet old enough to have feelings of superiority, possibly to the point of feeling invincible. It did not take very long for Ka'uratazun learn that she should respect her elders. It was now time for a practical demonstration.

Ka'uratazun stood tall at the entrance. Escaping the lair by rushing past her would be difficult to say the least. There was no part of this cave that Ka'uratazun couldn't reach with either her horns or her claws. Piles of treasure lined the walls, and a large pile of squished-looking gold coins sat in the middle of the cave. The dragon took a deep breath, and if you didn't know much about the Earth Dragons you might assume that she was going to use a breath attack. Instead, she used the air in her lungs to chant a spell in a booming voice. "Praeclara exercitum movet mille gladiis et redit domum, radiante sole mane!"

There is a reason that dragons treasure gold so deeply. The metal is much softer than what the lesser races used for their weapons and armor, but the magic of an earth dragon could mold it like putty. In an instant, a thousand shimmering golden blades lit up the walls of the cave, forged from the treasure that the elder dragon spent her entire life collecting, and they begun to move in a spiral pattern towards the center of the lair like the blades in some kind of fantastical golden blender. The Young Air Dragon would almost certainly survive, as the golden edge of a blade would not cut through a dragon's scales; but nothing short of full plate armor could protect any normal person from such an onslaught.

Ka'uratazun might let the little dragon off with just a few permanent wounds and a practical lesson on the meaning of a dragon's roar. The others however... She would not tolerate their behavior in her lair.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2018, 10:16:51 pm »

I must say, I love that everyone does their magic in their own way. Cyne-Wulf's Neriend uses key words in Old English, Lizzy draws power from her lines and Ka'uratazun chants in Latin- It's really pleasing to see everyone's own style and interpretation, and since everyone's characters learned magic differently, they all are right.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »

Offenders of divine laws are often getting truly horrific punishments to serve as example for unfaithful. I will ask gods to have mercy on this creature, but I cant promise, that they will have it.

After saying this messenger points eagle headed staff at Neriend and raises free hand to the skies.

: Sanguis fuget cite
  Transit vita
  Sic venit mors

Qassatoughua shall swim below ships in their darkness proof bubble and try to figure out, what are ships crewed by and what are they planning to do ( I would hope its not fishing )

If ship crews are not keen on fish hunting, then Qassatoughua shall mentally greet fleet captain.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:59:04 pm by sprinkled chariot »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 13, 2018, 12:20:08 am »

A middle aged Nekohlin steps into an office. He is a somewhat short individual with silver fur, green eyes and one additional tail for a total of 8. This man was the new leader of the Nekohlin. And he planned to make some big changes...

But first, in order to effectively govern the Nekohlin, he was going to need as much information as he could get. The first thing he wanted to learn was the demographics. Of particular importance was the general fertility rate - What is the annual amount of live births per 1,000 women of child bearing age? He wanted to know the current number as well as the historical data from before the recent problems. He had heard of there being recent issues regardind miscarriages, but just how bad were they?

The next order of business: Basic necessities of life. How much did the average citizen have to eat? How much food could be reliably preserved, and how much actually was in storage? Was clean water readily available nationwide? He knew that there were some housing shortages with the new immigrants, but was it still a high priority?

A thought occurs to the new leader. Was the weather bearable this time of year? It might be possible to cut back on the amount of housing that is necessary if some citizens were willing to be a bit more nocturnal and share an abode. For now this would just be a topic for discussion as opposed to a legal mandate.

Next order of business: With this many human refugees around, they could have some permanent impacts on the established culture. How did people feel about this, and was anyone taking advantage of our good will too much? Are there any new racial tensions in the land and has there been an increase or decrease in the local crime rates? Some thought would need to be put into the future as well, as there would be adult male humans among them within the decade. On a semi-related note, how effective were the preachings of a certain Lizzy Kyros?

Luxury goods would also be a topic of interest. What did the people want? It would be of particular interest to know what the refugees desired. What resources are available in abundance locally and who would be interested in them? There was a stockpile of treasure in the nation in the form of gold and jewels thanks to the Iomeer war effort, but was it enough to bribe a dragon should things get sufficiently dire?

Next order of business was external affairs. With such a large number of women and children immigrants from the Iomeer empire, they were almost certainly not going to turn hostile anytime soon despite their building military. The biggest threats were now the occasional megabeast and perhaps the Ijzervolk so the Nekohlin would react accordingly, assigning a higher than normal amount of military personnel to coastal defense than normal at the expense of the land based military.

And last but not least, what have the people in the mages tower been up to?
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Cyne-Wulf

• Bay Watcher
  • Fenrisúlfr shall consume.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2018, 04:44:41 am »

Okay, crap...

The work of the Lakami shall continue as previously stated, but we shall attempt to divine the purpose and capabilities of the crown.

Here's where the fun begins. I don't have my translator on me right now, so I'll edit in the Anglish later.

Neriend rears up onto her tail, attempting to shield herself from the messenger's spell. "Fiend! You would attempt to curse me after all I've done?"
My SpaceStory Characters

GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2018, 11:07:29 pm »

Can I get some actions?
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 16, 2018, 06:57:25 pm »

Every single time, at least one person neglects to post their action.

Could I perhaps sate your action-lust by increasing the length of my own actions?

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2018, 03:35:58 am »

Up to you. I do not mind the shorter actions since I've been really busy, but it is slightly frustrating when no one posts.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2018, 04:25:06 am »

I just woke up, saw this thread had a post by Cadeyrn, and thought that there was an update....when I saw him ask for more actions, for some reason I just thought of this lyric from that one Elvis song. "A little less conversation, a little more action, please." Why I am posting this here because of that? I...don't know actually.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2018, 04:38:36 am »

I just woke up, saw this thread had a post by Cadeyrn, and thought that there was an update....when I saw him ask for more actions, for some reason I just thought of this lyric from that one Elvis song. "A little less conversation, a little more action, please." Why I am posting this here because of that? I...don't know actually.

A comparison:

SpaceStory: Relatively short actions, but huge updates.

LoE: Relatively short updates, but huge actions.

Either is good in its own way.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2018, 01:44:30 pm »

I think you need some stricter time limits in this game for players to post. There is no reason anyone should need more than a week to start their action.

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2018, 08:07:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm thinking I'l do that when my schedule settles down.
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Cadeyrn Heffernan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2018, 02:12:33 am »

Okay, have a bit of free time now. Supernerd has claimed the Nekohlin. Actions from those who haven't posted yet will be put into the next action post.

Goltor
Searching the northern regions for a nice place to settle, you find a large silver mine that would serve admirably. There is a wealth of animals around, but there are sounds from the bottom that are slightly worrisome. Unfortunately every other adequate nesting place has very little food around.

Ka'uratazun
The golden blades leap forwards to the foolish young dragon and his small compatriots, but deflect away at the last moment, small runes painted onto scales and fur glowing brightly.

Lakami
Your secret work continues to advance, but keeps hitting snags and coming to a halt. The primary issue however for the scope of the plan is power. The Crown it seems will cause those under the authority of the wearer to be completely controlled- A crown of slavery.

Lizzy Kyros
The power of the Morning lord flows through your body, casting a verdant green light through the shadows, glittering of the Fire Dragon's own armour, which itself begins to glow a beautiful blue. The giant recoils, but after retreating to the edge of the light, it glares out at you, and you feel reality shift excruciatingly, as the magic weaved by you and your master begins to be unwound before this monsters power. The Dragon breaths a blast of fire at the titan, rather than a gout like before, before grabbing you and flying back to the wall.
All the way back to the wall you feel that monsters eyes upon you, and can feel burning pain through your lines after the unravelling of your master's magic...

Qassatoughua
The crews seems to some reptile people, some half-snakes, and the others giant bipedal lizards. It would seem they're sailing to war against the darkness.

Ertane
The Iomeeran Ambassador appreciates your welcome, but tells you to save your food for your people. He does however request that you try searching for allies to help the Iomeeran armies against the coming night, since the Iomeerans don't believe they can stop the darkness. In the event that Iomeer should fall, he requests that you attempt to unify as many forces against this darkness as you can, telling you the locations of the Nekohlin and the Yinglet.

Steelclaw, Neriend and The Messenger
A duel of mages begins on the deck, as the Messenger and Neriend struggle against each other, attempting to weave their own spells, and unweave the others.
The strain this puts upon reality causes vision and sounds to warp whilst travelling through the tortured air, and a pressure to be put upon your bodies as reality tries to rectify it's warping.

In the midst of all this the boat pulls alongside, and a young scholar floats upon an invisible platform onto your deck.
"Where is Captain Steelclaw?"

Nekohlin
Looking over the census records you find that until recently the typical childbirth mortality rates had been only 25 per 1000 but has rapidly increased to over 125 per 1000, a 500% increase, and it seemed to be increasing still. In terms of female population to childbirth rates, it seemed around 2/5ths of the female population had children each year, although that has also dropped to 1/4 in the face of this surge in child mortality.
In terms of food and water, currently, despite increased crop and livestock death and tainting of water due to plants and animals dying in them the amount of food and water is fine, but where previously there was enough to both support your people and have a surplus, now there is only enough to support your people, and despite increases in farmland, it is likely that the food production will continue to drop.
You are able to share houses if a major housing crisis occurs, where Nekohlin work at night and Humans work in the day, but it gets a bit too cold for Humans to work well at night. Currently however housing is fine.
Currently there are no racial issues, but there could be in time. The word of Lizzy Kyros' "Morning Lord" Is spreading well, but is not gaining too much attention due to a lack of information after her disappearance.
When it comes to luxury goods you do have a shortage, but the Nekohlin are not focused on that, instead on solving the issues currently facing them and settling the new humans. The main luxuries you have are precious stones and metals from the mountains to the north, and some luxury crops. The supply of fish has dropped significantly, and luxuries from fishing have dropped too. You definitely have enough money to bribe a Dragon, possibly even several.
Your military, especially your navy is expanding well. The mages have been going over notes with the scholar to solve your issues.

Llychlyn
The search for better tools leads some to observe a group of Lizardfolk and Snake-people, who bear odd tools made out of a shiny substance. Scrying and experiments leads to the creation of something called "Metal".
Legends of Ealos

My SpaceStory Nation

GENERATION 33:

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2018, 01:27:26 pm »

Goltor
This is suitable. Goltor thought to herself. Spiders are naturals at inhabiting places with little room.
But first, I must see what is inside. I'd rather not get eaten by a giant bird. Weave an arcane eye and send it into the mine.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25