Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39

Author Topic: Quillus Design Bureau - Battle for Aljadid - Strategy SY108  (Read 41806 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quillus Design Bureau - Battle for Aljadid (An Arms Race Game)
« Reply #465 on: December 30, 2017, 12:51:05 pm »

Plan Extra Sneaky

Group One, moving from Planet D to Planet F
1 ITC (2 SPP)
---Ullr MAMG
---Doves (1 SPP)
---2 Lokis (1 TP, 1 SPP)
   +++Mirage Plating
---1 set of Hrungnir MBTs (4 GPP) from D (SY102 variant)
2 Odin-class (3 SPP x 2)
---Mirage Plating (.5 SPP x 2)

Group Two, moving from D to Quillus
1 ITC (2 SPP)
1 Damaged Odin-class (3 SPP)
---Mirage Plating (.5 SPP)

Group Three, moving from Quillus to D
1 ITC (2 SPP)
---Doves (1 SPP)
---1 Hrungnir MBT (4 GPP)
   +++Ullr MAMG
   +++Mirage Plating (1 GPP)
---1 Heimdallr Powered Armor (3 GPP)

Totals:
19.5 SPP
12 GPP

I have no idea how identical this is to Jilla's plan, I started writing it last night and I'm finishing it today. I'm also not sure how complete/accurate/usable it is, so...
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 30, 2017, 08:13:10 pm »

Well, main differences are you covering Planet F hard, and knowing where that 3rd ITC is. It's over D then? Alright. I'll edit in my plan that the 3rd ITC is to return to Quillus.

EDIT: We have two Loki's, so we can do something sneaky and use our 3rd ITC to cover either G or B as well; splitting the Loki's in the process. I'll edit this again in a bit with that plan.

With how the lanes are, we'd be able to intercept their transport if it's heading towards B easily, but if it's heading towards G it may just arrive well before ours does.
Operation Maximum Coverage (B)
Production (1.5 SPP, 13 GPP left):
1 set of Heimdallr Power Armor (3 GPP)
1 set of Mirage Plated Hrungnir Tanks (with Ullr, of course) (5 GPP)
1 Dove (1 SPP)

Orders:
ITC on Quillus; equip the Dove and move both the Heimdallr and Improved Hrungnir to D (And drop the equipment to the forces on the ground)
ITC over D (the one with the Dove and Loki's); transfer 1 Loki to other ITC over D, remove the outdated Hrungnir, and move it to our unit on F. Cover F's orbit with Loki's
Other ITC over D; Receive Loki, travel to and cover B
Odin; move to Quillus for repairs
Thought; move to A and cover its orbit
Memory; remain over D and cover its orbit

Operation Maximum Coverage (G)
1 Dove (1 SPP)

Orders:
ITC on Quillus; equip the Dove and move both the Heimdallr and Improved Hrungnir to D (And drop the equipment to the forces on the ground)
ITC over D (the one with the Dove and Loki's); transfer 1 Loki to other ITC over D, remove the outdated Hrungnir, and move it to our unit on F. Cover F's orbit with Loki's
Other ITC over D; Receive Loki, travel to and cover G
Thought; move to A and cover its orbit
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:23:03 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 30, 2017, 08:21:56 pm »

Do you really expect Ertex to move strongly on F right now? I would be surprised if they did, but I haven't actually kept track of where we are in their traditional "advance-fail-retreat" cycle right now.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 30, 2017, 08:27:38 pm »

Do you really expect Ertex to move strongly on F right now? I would be surprised if they did, but I haven't actually kept track of where we are in their traditional "advance-fail-retreat" cycle right now.

They're on the 'retreat' part of it, if they stick to how they've gone about things so far. But the thing is, they shipped in their Nuke Launchers during this part of the 'cycle' before, expecting us to stick to it as well. And they do have their 5th unit ready to be moved out...

Looking at the map... We can cover A by sticking a thing over B... So uh... I'll edit in yet another plan where we do that instead...

We could do another thing where we also cover G with a Loki, but again, I think they'll beat us there if they go for it. And I'd like to keep an ITC at Quillus so we can ship in more new suits of Heimdallr to where they need to go.
Operation Maximum Coverage (B; revised)
1 Dove (1 SPP)

Orders:
ITC over D (the one with the Dove and Loki's); remove the outdated Hrungnir, and move it to our unit on F. Cover F's orbit with Loki's
Other ITC over D; travel to Quillus
Thought; move to B and cover its orbit

Quote from: Planbox
Operation Burning Blockade: (1) Thanatos
Plan Extra Sneaky: (1?) Madman
Operation Maximum Coverage (G):
Operation Maximum Coverage (B; Revised): (1) Jilladilla
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:33:49 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 30, 2017, 08:43:17 pm »

Plan Extra Sneaky: (1?) Madman
Operation Maximum Coverage (B; Revised): (2) Jilladilla, Maximum Spin

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 31, 2017, 01:00:56 am »

Plan Extra Sneaky: (0)
Operation Maximum Coverage (B; Revised): (3) Jilladilla, Maximum Spin, Madman

Yep, I forgot something---I forgot that they HAVE to retreat this turn (One Odin, with metamaterials and with a reduced Athena advantage for our enemies, is more than a match for three bruised Cuddlyfishes) or risk getting annihilated.

So yeah, let's go maximum coverage. However, we ARE going to have to abandon the space battle next turn, because if they come back with seven armored Cuttlefish with their lasers revised to fire in a different spectrum, we're going to lose.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 31, 2017, 02:13:03 pm »

Is it time to Fix Space? There's just about no way they didn't spend this turn fighting metamaterials. We need a gamechanger!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 31, 2017, 02:41:31 pm »

Is it time to Fix Space? There's just about no way they didn't spend this turn fighting metamaterials. We need a gamechanger!

We'll see what they do. If we can develop favorable land-warfare conditions, then we should be capable of just ignoring land for, say, two turns (Completely), and invest in a super-fleet capable of holding dominance for some time in space. That would allow us to start a serious push into hostile territory.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:31 pm »

Right. Madman asked for someone to post an opinion so he didn't have to doublepost, so here's an opinion:

We should go for some sort of tunable metamaterials, to stop them from cheaply bypassing our Mirage Plating by just using a different wavelength.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 10, 2018, 06:21:35 am »

Optical Metamaterials, Yet Again
A brilliant stroke of genius from the Optical Metamaterials design team has resulted in a new product with specially constructed semiconductors integrated into the metamaterial construction, allowing the frequency band the metamaterial redirects to be adjusted by the simple expedient of altering the voltage across two metal contacts on the inside. Every installation of Mirage Plating now includes a dedicated onboard computer that automates this process at a user's command; it is also provided to Huginn as a new input to the learning algorithms, although we expect the benefit from this to be limited until Huginn itself has been improved. While designing this, we also probably found some shortcuts to make Mirage Plating generally better in other ways, of course, though it wasn't the focus.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 10, 2018, 08:37:58 am »

QS-TOM-07 'Baldur'
Based on our previous metamaterials, this new advance in the field allows for the material to be adapted in the field. Interactions between the metamaterial and the waves striking it cause the material to "tune" itself to the incoming radiation. The more the metamaterial is exposed to a given wavelength, the more light from that wavelength, or set of wavelengths, is deflected around the material. The total refraction (Bending) always adds up to ~90%, or as more if we can squeeze more out of it. This means that as the material is exposed to, say, radio waves from a radar set, it becomes gradually more invisible to them, and more visible to, say, gamma rays, which it was being exposed with until it took shelter from the star behind a planet. As a side effect of the special nano-structures which can align themselves, the material should be easier to produce that the non-self-aligning previous versions.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:44:46 am by Madman198237 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 10, 2018, 08:50:48 am »

Interactions between the metamaterial and the waves striking it cause the material to "tune" itself to the incoming radiation. The more the metamaterial is exposed to a given wavelength, the more light from that wavelength, or set of wavelengths, is deflected around the material.
I see no potential problems from this whatsoever

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 10, 2018, 11:45:31 am »

Your Discord message was much more helpful, by the way.

Anyway, I fixed the proposal so that it conveys what I meant better. Now with 30% more wordiness!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 10, 2018, 11:36:04 pm »

Your Discord message was much more helpful, by the way.
I mean, yeah, that was the point. I wasn't just going to leave you with "I see no potential problems from this whatsoever" and not explain in detail, but I wanted to do that in discord instead. :P

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 10, 2018, 11:46:59 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
Optical Metamaterials, Yet Again: (1) Madman

Kicking off voting. My plan as presented has some unnecessarily complex obstacles that COULD be tackled, but overall it gives no real benefits compared to Spin's, so the other proposal is just better.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39