Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 61896 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

I have no issue with cyborgs. Just please no hive mind. 

Frak I just read the part where this happened. Carp.

Yeah, go ahead stopping them from trying to kill us all, by any means possible.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try and find some clothing that will protect me from radiation.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

((Croc, I prefer a survival focused RTD during the nuclear winter followed by a more combat focused fight for dominance after.))

Well, this is (mostly) Minimalist RTD, so it kinda supposed to be sort. There are exceptions, of course, but I never intended this RTD to be a long-runner. I created the game mostly because I want to learn some GMing. Anyway, you people have somewhere around 4-5 turns until The Nuclear Winter.

About Super-Cyborgs and hiveminds:
They'll need a strong leader commanding them, otherwise the leader is likely to be dethroned.

Anyway, I'm waiting for Yoink to post. Welcome aboard, randomgenericusername!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((ACK! HAD NO IDEA I WAS BEING WAITED FOR. SORRY!
THAT DEATH WAS TRULY SOMETHING. BAHAHAHA. EVERYONE ELSE IS DUKING IT OUT WITH FLAMETHROWERS AND EYE LASERS AND MEANWHILE I CHOKE TO DEATH ON AN ILL-TIMED SNACK XD
AMAZING. AM NOT SURE HOW I CAN TOP THAT, BUT IF YOU WANT THEN OKAY))

Name: Yoink's "special" jeans
Appearance/Who are you: A horrifically dirty pair of open- knee jeans that may have once been a light grey colour but are now dark with filth. Spots of caked-on grime and various different-coloured stains break up the overall grey denim. Due to some shenanigans arising from the variety of bacteria and trace mildew within the jeans, they have somehow gained sentience - and of course they are stinky enough to walk by themselves, as the saying goes.
First action: DISENTANGLE SELF FROM CORPSE OF MY FORMER HOST, AVOID SURROUNDING HAZARDS AND ASSESS VIABILITY OF POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT HOSTS IN BASEMENT

((DUMB IDEA, MAYBE NOT WRITTEN SO GOOD BECAUSE HALF ASLEEP BUT OH WELL IT BEDTIME FOR YOINK))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The turn will be written tomorrow, I promise!

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 10: BURN, BABY, BURN!

OKAY, GUYS AND GALS! MAJORITY OF THE PLAYERS ARE FOR FIGHTING IN THE NUCLEAR WINTER! DON'T GET ANGRY WHEN YOU'LL DIE FROM COLD AND RADIATION!

Name: John Joe Johnson
Who I am: a helluva engineer
Where I am: Welcome to Badassia!
First action: Do whatever needs doing. Start making some proper radiation shielding. Three main design ideas:
  • Personal shielding suit
  • Mobile anti-radiation field generator (for caravans/vehicles/whatever)
  • Large-scale anti-radiation shield (would keep it out of our cities, though does nothing for if they get in)
[3] YOU MAKE SOME ANTI-RADIATION SHIELDING SUITS. THE OTHER DESIGNS, HOWEVER, REQUIRE A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF ENERGY TO WORK!
Experiment with the rats to make them bigger, (Nuclear) Winter is coming and we will need many rats cloaks to be ready for it and probably rat calvary too.
[4] YOU MANAGE TO GROW THE RATS TO A GIANT SIZE BY FEEDING THEM A MIX OF SEEDS AND RADIATED SOIL. SOME OF THEM ARE SO BIG, THAT THEY CAN BE USED AS CAVALRY.
Name: Blatt
Appearance/Who are you: A cockroach that mutated from the radiation and became huge and sentient.
First action: Go to Badassia and ask if I can join Roachistan. If I'm accepted use mutant powers to attract roaches to the area and tame them to join Roachistan too.
[1] YOUR MUTANT POWERS HAVE ATTRACTED SOME PREDATORY ANIMALS FROM THE CAVERNS!
[4] YOU'VE ATTRACTED SOME GIANT BATS. THEY'RE DANGEROUS, BUT THEY'RE NOT CAVE CROCS OR FORGOTTEN BEAST LEVEL OF "FUCKED UP".
Go to the basement where everyone else is, also make super-cyborgs left eye glow dim blue, just becuse why not
Conduct a meeting with those with me in the basement. During the meeting, brainstorm ways to survive the nuclear Apocalypse.
Name: John Joe Johnson
Who I am: a helluva engineer
Where I am: Welcome to Badassia!
((Flashbacks to a certain University in Georgia. :D ))

JOHN SMITH UNDERSTANDS HIS TRUE CYBORG NATURE AND SMASHES MR. HANDY WITH HIS ROBO STRENGTH!

Oh, and also put out the fire.

((Croc, I prefer a survival focused RTD during the nuclear winter followed by a more combat focused fight for dominance after.))
Shoot john Smith with flamer, as he charges

Countercharge him with circular saw hand

((ACK! HAD NO IDEA I WAS BEING WAITED FOR. SORRY!
THAT DEATH WAS TRULY SOMETHING. BAHAHAHA. EVERYONE ELSE IS DUKING IT OUT WITH FLAMETHROWERS AND EYE LASERS AND MEANWHILE I CHOKE TO DEATH ON AN ILL-TIMED SNACK XD
AMAZING. AM NOT SURE HOW I CAN TOP THAT, BUT IF YOU WANT THEN OKAY))

Name: Yoink's "special" jeans
Appearance/Who are you: A horrifically dirty pair of open- knee jeans that may have once been a light grey colour but are now dark with filth. Spots of caked-on grime and various different-coloured stains break up the overall grey denim. Due to some shenanigans arising from the variety of bacteria and trace mildew within the jeans, they have somehow gained sentience - and of course they are stinky enough to walk by themselves, as the saying goes.
First action: DISENTANGLE SELF FROM CORPSE OF MY FORMER HOST, AVOID SURROUNDING HAZARDS AND ASSESS VIABILITY OF POSSIBLE REPLACEMENT HOSTS IN BASEMENT

((DUMB IDEA, MAYBE NOT WRITTEN SO GOOD BECAUSE HALF ASLEEP BUT OH WELL IT BEDTIME FOR YOINK))
[6] YOU ENTER THE BASEMENT AND MAKE LEFT EYES OF THE SUPER-CYBORGS GLOW DIM BLUE. UNFORTUNATELY, THE SUPER-CYBORGS NOW CONSIDER YOU A TRAITOR TO THEIR KIND FOR SOME REASON!
[3 VS 4] [3 VS 2] WHILE LARC MANAGES TO PERSUADE GOLDSWORTHY TO STOP FIGHTING LIKE A CHILDREN. JOHN SMITH STILL WANTS REVENGE!
[5] GRATULIEREN! JOHN SMITH IST EIN SUPER-KYBORG NUN!
STATUS GAINED: SUPER-CYBORG (INVULNERABLE, +1 TO THE PUNCHING AND KICKING, ABILITY TO JUMP UP TO 1.9 YARDS (somewhere around 1.7 meters) HIGH)!
INITIATIVE ROLLS: [9], [17]
GOLDSWORTHY ATTACKS FIRST!
[6 VS 2] GOLDSWORTHY'S FLAMER IGNITES JOHN SMITH! [6] LARC, ROSEHEART AND YOINK'S JEANS ARE BEING BURNED BY THE FIRE! IN FACT, THE WHOLE BASEMENT IS ON FIRE!
[3+1 VS 3] GOLDSWORTHY WAS REALLY CLOSE, BUT HE MISSED! JOHN SMITH'S PUNCH MAKES A HOLE IN THE BODY OF THE MR HANDY. IT DOESN'T AFFECT ANY SYSTEM OF THE ROBOT, THOUGH!
[2] JOHN SMITH CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO STOP THE FIRE!
YOINK'S JEANS HAVE CHOSE JACK, THE SUPER CYBORG, AS THEIR TARGET, OUT OF DESPERATION!
[1 VS 6+1] JACK, THE SUPER-CYBORG, GRABS THE YOINK'S JEANS, WHO WERE ABOUT TO JUMP ON THE SUPER-CYBORG! JACK RIPS THEM IN HALF!
SORRY, YOINK, BUT YOU'RE DEAD AGAIN! MAKE A NEW CHARACER! ALSO, EVERYONE IN THE BASEMENT, EXCEPT JACK, ARE BURNING, OR IN CASE OF ONE ROBOTIC PLAYER, OVERHEATING! THE NEW LOCATION WILL BE SOMEWHERE IN THE RURAL MISSISSIPPI, AWAY FROM THE HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE JACKSON, MS!

Find a tinfoil hat and wear it. Contact the tentacled overmind of Japan and ask it if it wants to hear something disturbing. Regardless of the answer loudly caution against the dangers of Super-cyborgs and trick it into signing a contract.
[3] YOU'VE FOUND LOW QUALITY TIN FOIL HAT!
[3] YOU CONTACT OVERMIND OF JAPAN, OR AT LEAST YOU THINK THAT THE STATUE OF BUDDHA IS A PHYSICAL FORM OF THE OVERMIND OF JAPAN!
[1] YOU HUG THE STATUE IN HOPES THAT THE OVERMIND WILL SPEAK TO YOU! OVERMIND OF JAPAN DOESN'T ANSWER!
[1] PEOPLE IN THE TEMPLE THINK THAT YOU'RE CRAZY AND CALL THE POLICE!

Name: Blatt
Appearance/Who are you: A cockroach that mutated from the radiation and became huge and sentient.
First action: Go to Badassia and ask if I can join Roachistan. If I'm accepted use mutant powers to attract roaches to the area and tame them to join Roachistan too.
There is no "asking" needed, she responds immediately upon seeing you approach

"Yes."

Now then

Develop a serum that turns human beings into anthropomorphic roach people. The more simultaneously ugly and cute, the better.
[3] YOU MAKE YOUR SERUM AND TRY IT OUT ON THE HUMAN BEINGS! THE AMOUNT OF SERUM IS LIMITED TO ONE MORE USE!
[5] YOU TURN A DECENT CHUCK OF THE POPULATION OF BADASSIA, ROACHISTAN INTO ANTHROPOMORPHIC ROACH PEOPLE! THEY HAVE BEST OF THE TWO WORLDS (RADIATION RESISTANCE OF COCKROACHES, LONG LIVES OF HUMANS)!

Try and find some clothing that will protect me from radiation.
[1] YOU FIND AND PUT ON TATTERED DIAPERS! THAT'S PRETTY STUPID OF YOU!

NATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS/NPCS TURN

KOREAN UNIFICATION WAR:
[4+1 FOR COMBINED FORCES VS 4-1 FOR POOR MORALE]  SOUTH KOREANS AND JAPANESE COMBINE THEIR FORCES TO STRIKE PYONGYANG! NORTH KOREAN ARMY IS QUICKLY DESTROYED AND THE FORCES OF SOUTH KOREA AND JAPAN HAVE OCCUPIED THE CAPITAL OF NORTH KOREA! THE KOREA IS UNITED!
NORTH KOREA IS NO MORE!

IRANIAN-INDIAN WAR:
[3 VS 5] AFTER THE LONG BLOODBATH, INDIA STOPPED THE ATTACK OF IRAN AND COUNTER-STRIKES!
NEW DELHI HAS BEEN HIT! INDIAN GOVERNMENT, FOR THEIR OWN FORTUNE, ARE STILL HIDING IN THEIR SPECIAL FALLOUT SHELTER!

RADIATION SPREAD:
[4] DESPITE THE FLOW OF RADIATION FROM THE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND FROM THE EASTERN EUROPE, EUROPEAN SCIENTISTS HAVE STOPPED THE RADIATION SPREAD INTO EU!
[5] AUSTRALIAN SCIENTISTS HAVE COMPLETELY STOPPED THE SPREAD OF RADIATION INTO THE CONTINENT! AUSTRALIA IS FULLY PROTECTED FROM RADIATION FROM NOW ON!
[2] KOREAN SCIENTISTS CANNOT STOP THE RADIATION! COUNTRY-WIDE EMERGENCY IS DECLARED!
[5] SOMEHOW, NORTH AFRICAN SCIENTISTS (ALGER, MOROCCO, TUNIS, LIBYA) HAVE SHIELDED THEIR COUNTRIES FROM THE RADIATION!
WEST AFRICA AND SOUTHEAST ASIA ARE TOO POOR TO FUND THE SCIENTISTS! SOUTHEAST ASIA IS COMPLETELY COVERED BY RADIATION RIGHT NOW!

[5-1 FOR BEING BURNED BADLY] ROSEHEART, DESPITE THE BURNS, MANAGES TO FLEE FROM THE BURNING BASEMENT!

[5 vs 4] ROACHISTANI CITIZENS ARE BEING HARASSED AND KILLED BY THE GIANT BATS ON THE LOWER LEVELS OF BADASSIA!

SUPER-CYBORGS SELECT THEIR LEADER!
[5], [1]. THE LEADER OF THE SUPER-CYBORGS IS CHIEF OFFICER OF SECURITY, CHLOE CROWLEY. SHE'S LIKED AMONG THE SUPER-CYBORG, AND NOBODY HAS QUESTIONS HER RIGHT TO RULE. FOR NOW, AT LEAST.

CURRENT LEADER OF SC: CHLOE CROWLEY
POPULARITY OF THE LEADER: 70%
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:06:38 am by CrocAndBearLover »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 10: BURN, BABY, BURN!
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2017, 04:35:14 am »

Call out to every fish ghost in Japan and bind them to my service. Have them posses all who wish me harm. Arrange the arms of Buddha in eldritch patterns and summon the overmind.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2017, 05:56:19 am »

Shoot flamer wildly in all directions and overload my nuclear reactor as my last joke for basement intruders.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2017, 06:37:49 am »

Call the mutant insect army from turn seven and attack the bats.  Try to capture a few alive for future bat farms.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2017, 07:38:54 am »

Requires too much energy, hmn?

Try to create devices that absorb radioactivity and turns it into useable energy.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2017, 08:26:28 am »

Attemp to attract more mutant roaches to help fight the bats.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:38 pm »

Get out of the basement, convince super-cyborgs that i am not a traitor
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2017, 07:40:39 pm »

Find a fire extinguisher and put out all the flames!
Insert witty signature here

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2017, 04:48:22 am »

Get in to the pickup and go to the closest small town, and look for any thing useful.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2017, 06:15:36 am »

I added Super-Cyborgs' action in the turn. Don't worry, they're only elected a leader.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33