Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 61808 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile

TURN 9: THE (NUCLEAR) WINTER IS COMING

NOTE: PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO REMIND ME IF I SKIPPED ROLLING FOR THE RADIATION SPREAD! MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE! ALSO, FROM NOW ON,
I'LL USE 4d6 FOR INITIATIVE ROLLS IN PVE AND PVP COMBAT!

LAZOR EYES FLAMER DUDE THEN PERFORM HEIMLICH MANUEVER ON [YOINK'S CHARACTER]!
Tell cynical joke about australians
Use Mr Handy flamer to bathe in fire armed intruder in basement( John Smith dude who picked up pistol)
TRY NOT TO PANIC.
ACCEPT ANY OFFERS OF ASSISTANCE IN NOT-CHOKING, OTHERWISE JUST PUNCH SELF IN CHEST WHILST COUGHING THOROUGHLY
[4] YOU TELL A REALLY CYNICAL JOKE ABOUT AUSTRALIANS. SPECIFICALLY ABOUT A GREEDY AUSTRALIAN WHO DIED DUE TO CHOKING ON A POTATO CHIP.
[10, JOHN SMITH'S INITIATIVE]
[16, GOLDSWORTHY'S INITIATIVE]
[3 vs 5] JOHN SMITH DODGES THE FIERY SPRAY BY ROLLING AWAY TO THE LEFT. JOHN SMITH SCREAMS, "IMA CHARGIN' MAH LAZOR," UNLEASHING SCORCHING LASERS FROM HIS EYES, BURNING HIS COMMUNICATOR AND HUMOR EMITTER ARRAY! [5] GOLDSWORTHY'S FLAMER HAS MANAGED TO IGNITE ROSEHEART AND THE MAN WITH A GUN, WHOSE NAME IS STILL UNKNOWN. IT'LL BE TOUGH DAY FOR THE ROBOT IF ROSEHEART AND GUNMAN SURVIVE.
STATUS GAINED: DAMAGED COMMUNICATOR AND HUMOR EMITTER ARRAY (CAN'T TALK/TELL JOKES).
[1] YOINK PANICS LIKE CRAZY, AND THE POTATO CHIP IS NOW WILL BE EVEN HARDER TO REMOVE!
[1] JOHN SMITH TRIES TO HELP YOINK BY PERFORMING HEIMLICH MANEUVER. HE CAN'T GET A GOOD GRASP ON YOINK'S ABDOMEN DUE TO THE PANIC OF YOINK. YOINK CLOSES HIS EYES AND YOU FEEL THAT HE CAN'T STAND ANYMORE BY HIMSELF. YOINK IS DEAD! MAKE A NEW CHARACTER!

Start a rat farm. A place where rats will be breeded, grow fat and butchered for their meat and fur.
[4] GRATULIEREN, DU HAST EIN RATTE BAUERNHOF GEMACHT! WAS WIRST DU JETZT MACHEN?

Combine cow and leftover nukes to create a flying steed. Ride it to Japan.
[5] COMBINING THE COW AND RADIATION, YOU HAVE CREATED A TWO-HEADED COW WITH DRAGONFLY'S WINGS! YOU SADDLE IT AND FLY TO JAPAN! JARL IS IN JAPAN RIGHT NOW!

I am gonna create a hivemind of cyborgs like myself, using nanobots to infect people and slowly turn them into the hivemind
[4] YOU FIND VAULT 321 (THE ONE WHICH REJECTED SUM GAI) AND LAUNCH YOUR NANOBOTS INTO THE VENTILATION SYSTEM.
[6] YOU TURN THE WHOLE VAULT 321 (THAT'S ABOUT 1K OF THE PEOPLE) INTO SUPER-CYBORGS, BUT IT SEEMS THAT EACH OF THE SUPER-CYBORGS HAS AN INDIVIDUAL PERSONALITY AND FREE WILL OF THEIR OWN.
[1] THEY SEEM TO HAVE A PLAN TO REPOPULATE THE US AND KILL OFF THE WEAK "FULLY-ORGANIC" PEOPLE.

Search the basement for anti-radiation suits.
[3] YOU FIND A COUPLE OF BREATHING MASKS.

Continue general expansion and improvement of the Democratic Republic of Cockroach! (Avoid the circus.)
[1] DURING THE MINING OPERATION, YOU'VE CAUSED CAVE-IN! YOU AND YOUR EXPEDITION (THE ROLLS ARE SEPARATE) NEED TO ROLL AT LEAST 3 TO AT LEAST SURVIVE WITH SOME INJURIES OR DIE!
[2] SUM GAI GETS SQUASHED BY A SCHIST BOULDER! MAKE A NEW CHARACTER! BECAUSE GLASS IS A SUBJECT OF ROACHISTAN, HE CAN CHOOSE TO RESPAWN IN THE BADASSIA, INSTEAD OF SOME BASEMENT IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF (NOW DESTROYED) JACKSON, MS!
[5] THE EXPEDITION HAS SURVIVED, AND WITH A ABILITY TO GO BACK HOME!

Use the decaying ants to fertilize ground for the plump helmet farms!
[6] THE DECAYING ANTS SOMEHOW MAKE THE PLUMP HELMET 'SHROOMS INCREDIBLY BIG AND ALSO SENTIENT!
[4] LUCKILY, THEY SEEM TO BE RATHER FRIENDLY!

Run from the bear and see if the pickup is still around if it is drive off.
[5] BEAR IS NOT INTERESTED IN FOLLOWING YOU, SO YOU GET OUT FROM THE CAVE.
[5] MOST INTERESTING, THE PICKUP IS COMPLETELY UNHARMED BY THE NUKES OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. YOU DRIVE AWAY FROM THE CAVE AND THE MOUNTAIN.

NATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS/NPCS TURN

KOREAN UNIFICATION WAR:
JAPAN JOINS THE WAR AS AN ALLY OF SOUTH KOREA!
[5 vs 3] THE RETREAT OF SOUTH KOREAN FORCES WAS A WAY TO BAIT NORTH KOREANS INTO THE ARTILLERY FIRE! NORTH KOREANS SUFFER HEAVY LOSSES!
[4 vs 3] JAPANESE MARINES HAVE LANDED ON THE SHORES OF NORTH KOREA! THEY CAPTURE NAMPO, AN IMPORTANT PORT, LOCATED TO THE SOUTHWEST FROM PYONGYANG. THE DISTANCE TO THE PYONGYANG IS 57,8 KILOMETERS/37 MILES FROM NAMPO.
[2] NORTH KOREA FAILS TO LAUNCH THEIR NUKES AGAIN DUE TO THE POWER PROBLEMS! KIM JONG-UN DEMANDS MASS CONSCRIPTION!
[3] NORTH KOREA GETS ALMOST A MILLION OF THE CONSCRIPTS! NEEDLESS TO SAY, THEY HAVE NO WILL TO FIGHT AT ALL, AND THEY'RE VERY "GREEN" AT WARFARE!

IRAN CONSIDERS THAT THE SUDDEN PUSH OF A RADIATION TO THEIR COUNTRY FROM THE IRAN/INDIA BORDER IS A SECRET INDIAN WEAPON, WHICH CAN REDIRECT THE FLOW OF RADIATION. IRAN DECLARES WAR ON INDIA!

IRANIAN-INDIAN WAR:
[4] IRAN LAUNCHES NUCLEAR STRIKE ON NEW DELHI, THE CAPITAL OF INDIA! 1 TURN TO HIT NEW DELHI!
[6 vs 6] IRANIAN FORCES TRY TO CONQUER THE RECENTLY CONQUERED BY INDIA PAKISTAN. NEITHER IRAN OR INDIA ARE MAKING GAINS RIGHT NOW, BUT THE FIGHT IS A FUCKING BLOODBATH!

MOSCOW IS DESTROYED COMPLETELY, THANKS TO THE EUROPEAN/NATO NUKES!
VOLODIMIR BUTIN, THE LEADER OF RUSSIA, HIDES SOMEWHERE BENEATH THE SURFACE OF RUSSIAN LAND! WITHOUT HIS DIRECT INFLUENCE, RUSSIA HAS CAPITULATED TO NATO! KALININGRAD, OR WHAT THE GERMANS CALLED "OSTPREUSSEN", IS A GERMAN TERRITORY YET AGAIN! THE CRIMEA WAS ALSO RETURNED TO UKRAINE IN THE PEACE DEAL! NOT THAT IT MATTERS WHO WON THE WAR, BECAUSE THE POPULATION OF THE HUMANS WAS REDUCED FROM ~7.6 BILLIONS TO ~3.1 BILLIONS!

ALSO NUCLEAR WINTER IS COMING!

RADIATION SPREAD AND THE ACTS OF SCIENTISTS TO STOP IT:
[6] MEXICAN SCIENTISTS ARE SUCCESSFUL AT STOPPING THE RADIATION FROM EXPANDING INTO THE COUNTRY, BUT NOW THE RADIATION SPREAD RAPIDLY TOWARDS THE CANADA!
[6] CANADIAN SCIENTISTS STOP THE RADIATION SPREAD INTO THE COUNTRY, MAKING IT SPREAD INTO THE ARCTIC AND ATLANTIC OCEAN!
[2] AUSTRALIAN SCIENTISTS CAN'T STOP THE RADIATION FROM SPREADING INTO THE COUNTRY. COUNTRY-WIDE EMERGENCY IS DECLARED!
[1] EUROPEAN SCIENTISTS ACCIDENTALLY HASTED THE SPREAD OF RADIATION INTO EU!
[1] SOUTH KOREAN SCIENTISTS MAKE THE SITUATION WITH RADIATED SEOUL EVEN WORSE!
[5] JAPAN IS PROTECTED FROM RADIATION COMPLETELY FROM NOW ON!
SOUTHEAST ASIAN COUNTRIES (BURMA, THAILAND, VIETNAM) AND NORTH KOREA ARE TOO POOR TO KEEP THE RADIATION FROM SPREADING!

[3] ROSEHEART SURVIVES THE BURNING BY DROPPING AND ROLLING ON THE FLOOR OF THE BASEMENT, BUT SHE'S COVERED IN SECOND DEGREE BURNS AND IS SCREAMING IN PAIN!
[1] GUNMAN PASSES OUT IN PAIN AND DIES FROM THE FIRE! WE HARDLY KNEW YE. HELL, WE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT WAS YOUR NAME IN THE FIRST PLACE!

THE BASEMENT IS ON FIRE! STOP IT!

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: SINCE THE NUCLEAR WINTER WILL BEGIN IN A FEW TURNS, MARKING THE NEW AND THE LAST ERA FOR THE MANKIND (WELL, EXCEPT JAPAN TO SOME EXTENT, PRAISE THE JAPANESE SCIENCE!), AND I HAVE THE INTENT TO TURN THIS RTD INTO A "FACTION WAR" TYPE OF RTD. THE THING IS: WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIGHT DURING THE NUCLEAR WINTER, WHICH WILL REQUIRE ANTI-RADIATION EQUIPMENT OR RESISTANCE TO SURVIVE ON THE SURFACE, OR SURVIVE PAST THE NUCLEAR WINTER AND FIGHT AFTER IT PASSES. THE LATTER OPTION WILL MEAN MORE NPCS TO RECRUIT INTO THE FACTION, EASIER SURFACE EXPLORATION, AND AS A RESULT, MORE BALANCED "FACTION WAR" GAME. THE FORMER OPTION (FIGHT IN THE NUCLEAR WINTER) MEANS THAT IT'LL BE HARSHER AND THE BALANCE WILL BE WEIGHTED TOWARDS THE SUPER-CYBORGS! DON'T WORRY, I'LL MAKE A POLL SO YOU GUYS AND GALS CAN DECIDE!   
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Name: John Joe Johnson
Who I am: a helluva engineer
Where I am: Welcome to Badassia!
First action: Do whatever needs doing. Start making some proper radiation shielding. Three main design ideas:
  • Personal shielding suit
  • Mobile anti-radiation field generator (for caravans/vehicles/whatever)
  • Large-scale anti-radiation shield (would keep it out of our cities, though does nothing for if they get in)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 11:04:46 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile

Experiment with the rats to make them bigger, (Nuclear) Winter is coming and we will need many rats cloaks to be ready for it and probably rat calvary too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:57:00 am by ziizo »
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Blatt
Appearance/Who are you: A cockroach that mutated from the radiation and became huge and sentient.
First action: Go to Badassia and ask if I can join Roachistan. If I'm accepted use mutant powers to attract roaches to the area and tame them to join Roachistan too.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile

Go to the basement where everyone else is, also make super-cyborgs left eye glow dim blue, just becuse why not
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:50:54 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile

Conduct a meeting with those with me in the basement. During the meeting, brainstorm ways to survive the nuclear Apocalypse.
Insert witty signature here

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

((Flashbacks to a certain University in Georgia. :D ))

JOHN SMITH UNDERSTANDS HIS TRUE CYBORG NATURE AND SMASHES MR. HANDY WITH HIS ROBO STRENGTH!

Oh, and also put out the fire.

((Croc, I prefer a survival focused RTD during the nuclear winter followed by a more combat focused fight for dominance after.))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:48:09 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find a tinfoil hat and wear it. Contact the tentacled overmind of Japan and ask it if it wants to hear something disturbing. Regardless of the answer loudly caution against the dangers of Super-cyborgs and trick it into signing a contract.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Blatt
Appearance/Who are you: A cockroach that mutated from the radiation and became huge and sentient.
First action: Go to Badassia and ask if I can join Roachistan. If I'm accepted use mutant powers to attract roaches to the area and tame them to join Roachistan too.
There is no "asking" needed, she responds immediately upon seeing you approach

"Yes."

Now then

Develop a serum that turns human beings into anthropomorphic roach people. The more simultaneously ugly and cute, the better.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shoot john Smith with flamer, as he charges

Countercharge him with circular saw hand

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Flashbacks to a certain University in Georgia. :D ))
Yep.

Develop a serum that turns human beings into anthropomorphic roach people. The more simultaneously ugly and cute, the better.
...please don't :|

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[Wait so you let me create a hivemind of super-cyborgs but you dont want him to create anthropomorphic roach people, or is it just becuse everything will become way too much of a clusterfuck when he does]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:34:46 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

I don't remember anything about a cyborg hive mind.

Speaking of which, please no hive minds.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nevermind forget that...

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

???

I don't remember anything about a cyborg hive mind.

Speaking of which, please no hive minds.
The hivemind already exists, well, okay not quite, the cyborgs exist, they just aren't a hivemind because of the roll.

There's also a species of mushroom people living in Badassia, and now one of our Roachistanians is a giant sapient cockroach.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:37:09 pm by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33