Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Fighting during The Nuclear Winter or after it?

I would prefer to fight during The Nuclear Winter, even if it will be harsh as hell.
- 8 (80%)
I would prefer to fight after The Nuclear Winter. I prefer more balanced RTD.
- 2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 10:16:23 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: TURN 27: THE END OF MENACE!  (Read 61723 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 4: The Bear Rises
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2017, 10:15:35 am »

Turn 5: America has been hit!

turn on the radio and search for music while I keep driving towards the ocean.
[4] You turn on some Pink Floyd and drive towards the ocean. You arrive in Biloxi; a town located to the north of Gulf of Mexico. Most of the people have left this town for the Vaults or just dug up a place to hide from the inevitable nuclear strike.
[6 vs 3] The Tucker rednecks almost lost the lead on you. They haven't abandoned their attempts to find you, but they becoming interested in returning their pickup less and less.

Attempt to find local police department, bunker or vault.
Also use hei-gui suit stealth mode if encounter any police or military and try to slice them with Chinese officer sword

[1] Not only you still haven't found anything like that, but the military in the city finds you pretty suspicious.
[6+1 for using stealth mode vs 6] You try to lure a patrol into a dark corner between the buildings. You kill a couple of soldiers while remaining stealthy. The soldiers are searching for you. 8 soldiers in the patrol remain.

Enter Louisiana. Find a catapult, rope and four cats.
[3] You ride on until you arrive in a rural town, called Kentwood. You find a rope and one cat. It's hard to find a catapult in America, let alone some rural town, so you must search on.

See above and don't get my ass kicked. Express annoyance at these people resorting to threats.
You give the pass back to the owner. "I'm sorry for being so rude. I... I was really nervous when I lost the pass. Anyway, you can have a half of my money as an apology.
Sum Gai gets 150 dollars! He has 850$ right now!

Retry to evolve nanobots
[4] You evolve nanobots who supply your lungs with air.

Fix the tire! Onwards!

"WHY ARE WE STOPPING? THOSE NUKES'LL BE LANDING ANY MINUTE NOW, Y'KNOW - COULD WE GET A MOVE ON?"

WAIT UNHELPFULLY IN VAN DUE TO LACKING ANY KIND OF MECHANIC SKILL
RUMMAGE IN GLOVE COMPARTMENT WHILE I WAIT, MAYBE SEARCH REST OF VAN FOR USEFUL ITEMS IF FIXING TIRE TAKES A WHILE

[5] You've found a reserve wheel tire. You both drive to Jackson.

work on making our kingdom ready to survive the ongoing nuclear war.
[5] You've made a plan of your underground kingdom. Well, not only you've made a plan, you've also found pickaxes for your workers, allowing them to dig much faster.
Your kingdom will be located beneath the every soil's layer, in the bedrock itself. Your center of the kingdom will be one huge throne room, from which five to six averagely-sized rooms will be connected to. It'll take a turn for your subjects to dig out the kingdom.

Drive the pickup away from the houses.
[5] You drive out from the soon-to-be-burned starting location. You're located on the asphalt road. Where do you want to drive to?

Nations/Organizations/NPCs turn

China capitulates to the NATO/USA. Their army and navy have stopped fighting with Japan. The spreading radiation has destroyed China, the surface is unsuitable for life. Those who are survived will live in fallout shelters for a very long time.  China has been defeated!

Meanwhile, India is interested in invading Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri-Lanka, seeing these countries as the rightful Indian territory. India understands that invading Pakistan will result in a nuclear retaliation from Pakistani side, so it sends an expert sabotage team in order to shut down Pakistani nuclear launch systems.
[6 vs 5] The sabotage was success, but India needs to occupy the Pakistan fast enough. Otherwise, Pakistani nukes will be launched on the next turn.
[4 vs 1] The occupation was also a success. Pakistan was zerg rushed by the Indian troops and occupied.

[3 vs 1, Anti-nuke defense] NATO's anti-nuke defense destroyed several of the Russian nukes, minimizing the damage to Europe.

The Russian nukes have hit Berlin, Hamburg, Koln, and Brussel. RIP Merkel.

[1] Poorly-maintained NATO nukes dropped on Wroclaw due to the fuel leaking.

NATO tries to fight off the incoming Russian forces from advancing into Poland and the Balkans. NATO brought its experimental SSPA (Supper Self-Propelled Artillery), "Purifying Light", to the battlefield.
[6 vs 2] The fire of the SSPA destroys a huge amount of Russian ground forces with its volley of highly explosive shells. NATO forces liberate Odessa and a big chunk of Western Ukraine.

Russia detects nukes and launches her nukes at the US.
[5] The new brand of nukes have been launched at America! They're very fast and hit the West Coast. Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, and especially California,
have been affected!
[4] Poorly-maintained American nukes have hit Russian Far East! Vladivostok and Kamchatka Peninsula have been hit! The whole Russian Far East is affected.

North Korea refuses to stop the war with South Korea. Kim Jong-un angrily issued a nuclear strike against South Korea.
[5] North Korean nukes hit Seoul! South Korea would probably like to surrender.

Vault-Tec asks the US government for more funds and tries to fix the logistical fuck-up.
[6] They get 500M of dollars from the US government.
[1] Vault-Tec fucks the situation up even more, making the resources spread very thinly across the states.

The guy who the pass gets the pass back and apologizes to Sum Gai.

Vault-Tec representative puts the taser away and pulls out a flat, rectangular device with a hole in the back of the device. "The pass, please!" Says Vault-Tec man. He takes the pass and puts it in the hole of the device. Momentarily, the device made a short beep, and the Vault-Tec man gives the pass back to the owner.
[4]
"The pass is valid, welcome to the future, Mr. Andrew Ferguson!"[/i] Said Vault-Tec representative.

The starting location is engulfed in fire right now.

The new players will be spawned in Jackson, MS from now on!
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO GET NUKED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Turn 5: America has been hit
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

Steal all the glass in Biloxi and melt it into a giant glass dome.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2017, 10:34:34 am »

SEARCH FOR COVER AND SUPPLIES!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2017, 10:35:33 am »

Evolve a fire-resistant shield around me and watch the world burn
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2017, 10:41:33 am »

Drive my pickup towards the nearest mountains and find my house.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2017, 10:49:49 am »

...alright, so am I allowed into the vault or not?
And if not, how quickly can I declare allegiance to the cockroach kingdom?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2017, 10:53:03 am »

Leash the cat with rope. Sniff out a volcano and ride toward it.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2017, 10:58:47 am »

Scavenge military gear from killed.soldiers, if possible and try to obtain info from their radios and belongings.

Try to sneakily finish off some more patrolman for glory of the working class.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2017, 11:27:59 am »

...alright, so am I allowed into the vault or not?
And if not, how quickly can I declare allegiance to the cockroach kingdom?
Nope. This particular Vault has "people with passes only" policy. As for the allegiance to The Kingdom, just go and ask for it. Failbird105/Virginia is the queen, so it means it's up for Failbird105/Virginia to accept or decline your allegiance. No roll required.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2017, 11:34:20 am »

Go join the Great Cockroach Empire.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2017, 11:42:25 am »

"Rich folk wouldn't let you into their fancy-pants 'Vault' huh? Well join the club, literally! Hope ya like bugs n' dirt!"

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2017, 04:19:54 pm »

"Rich folk wouldn't let you into their fancy-pants 'Vault' huh? Well join the club, literally! Hope ya like bugs n' dirt!"
Don't forget about your action! You can do some stuff while your loyal subjects dig out your kingdom. I personally suggest getting some food.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2017, 04:43:49 pm »

Search for a food source for my cockroach kingdom

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2017, 12:49:33 am »

FOLLOW JOHN.
AMUSE MYSELF ALONG THE WAY BY MEANS OF VANDALISM - CELEBRATE END OF WORLD BY THROWING TRASHCAN THROUGH STOREFRONT OR SOMETHING, MAYBE LOOT SOME STUFF AS WELL - KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR OTHER TROUBLEMAKERS, OF COURSE
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:04 am »

Turn 6: FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!

Steal all the glass in Biloxi and melt it into a giant glass dome.
[3] ALL THE GLASS IN BILOXI IS NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE A GIANT DOME! TRY CHECKING OUT THE OTHER TOWNS IN AGGLOMERATION!

SEARCH FOR COVER AND SUPPLIES!
FOLLOW JOHN.
AMUSE MYSELF ALONG THE WAY BY MEANS OF VANDALISM - CELEBRATE END OF WORLD BY THROWING TRASHCAN THROUGH STOREFRONT OR SOMETHING, MAYBE LOOT SOME STUFF AS WELL - KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR OTHER TROUBLEMAKERS, OF COURSE
[6, SEARCHING FOR THE SUPPLIES]
[4, VANDALISM] JOHN SMITH TRIES TO FIND SOME SUPPLIES WHILE YOINK AND ROSEHEART TRASH HOUSES AND KICK DOWN TRASH CANS IN THE OUTSKIRTS OF JACKSON. JOHN SMITH, YOINK AND ROSEHEART SEE A BASEMENT DOOR, WHICH ISN'T LOCKED. THEY ENTER THE BASEMENT ONLY TO DISCOVER LOTS OF CANNED FOOD AND AMMO. THE MAN POINTS A REVOLVER ON THE HEAD OF JOHN SMITH. "DON'T MOVE, THIEVES! HOW DID YOU GET INTO MY BASEMENT?!" SAYS THE MAN WITH A GUN.

Evolve a fire-resistant shield around me and watch the world burn

[2] YOU FAIL TO EVOLVE FIRE-RESISTANT SHIELD.

Drive my pickup towards the nearest mountains and find my house.
YOU DRIVE TO THE WOODALL MOUNTAIN!
[2] YOU DON'T FIND ANY HOUSE. BESIDES, YOUR HOUSE IS IN THE WOODS/STARTING LOCATION, AND THE WILDFIRE CAUSED BY AN EXPLOSIVE DEVICE IS DESTROYING THE STARTING LOCATION!

Leash the cat with rope. Sniff out a volcano and ride toward it.
[4] THE CAT DETECTS A VOLCANO. YOU DRIVE TOWARDS IT? WAT DO YOU DO NOW?

Scavenge military gear from killed soldiers. if possible and try to obtain info from their radios and belongings.
Try to sneakily finish off some more patrolman for glory of the working class.

[6] YOU SCAVENGE SOME M4 CARBINES AND AMMO FOR THEM. ALSO, YOU TRY TO LISTEN TO THEIR PORTABLE RADIOS, BUT IT SEEMS THE RADIOS ARE CORRUPT BY SOMETHING ELDRITCH.
[4] DESPITE SOME WEIRD EYE-TWITCHING, THE ELDRITCH WHISPERING HAS NO IMPACT ON YOU. YOU GAIN THE INFO ABOUT THE LOCATIONS OF MILITARY BASES IN MS!
[1 VS 5] WHEN YOU TRY TO FINISH OFF SEEMINGLY LONE PATROLMAN, THE OTHER TURN THEIR HEADS TO YOUR POSITION AND SEE SOMETHING WEIRDLY TRANSPARENT BEHIND THEIR FELLOW PATROLMAN. THEY OPEN FIRE AT YOUR POSITION, HITTING YOUR ARMS AND TORSO!
STATUS GAINED: WOUNDED ARMS (-1 TO ANY ATTACK REQUIRING THEM), WOUNDED TORSO (-1 TO MOVING AND RESISTING ATTACKS)

Go join the Great Cockroach Empire.
CONGRATS, YOU'RE NOW A PROUD SUBJECT OF THE GREAT COCKROACH EMPIRE!

Search for a food source for my cockroach kingdom
[5] YOU'VE FOUND A RURAL TOWN, WHICH YOU AND SOME OF YOUR SUBJECTS SUCCESSFULLY LOOT FOR FOOD!

NATIONS/ORGANIZATIONS/NPCS TURN
SOUTH KOREA REFUSES TO SURRENDER! NORTH KOREA GOES INTO A COUNTER-ATTACK!
[2 VS 6-1 FOR LOW MORALE/ DESTROYED CAPITAL] NORTH KOREANS CANNOT STOP THE ADVANCE OF THE SOUTH KOREA! SOUTH KOREAN ARMY IS ONLY 53 KILOMETERS AWAY FROM PYONGYANG!

MEANWHILE IN EUROPE, NATO KEEPS TRYING TO PUSH RUSSIANS OUT FROM UKRAINE! ALSO, THE RADIATION SPREADS ACROSS THE EU.
[5 VS 1] RUSSIANS CANNOT STOP NATO'S SUPER SELF-PROPELLED ARTILLERY, EVEN WITH CYBERSOLDIERS! THE RUSSIAN ARE ALMOST COMPLETELY PUSHED OUT FROM UKRAINE. LUGANSK IS THE ONLY REGION REMAINING IN THE GRASP OF RUSSIANS.
[6, EUROPE] [4, AMERICA] RUSSIA LAUNCHES HER NUKES AGAIN! THE ONES WHICH SUPPOSED TO TARGET EUROPE FLY HIGH AND THEN EXPLODE IN SOMEWHERE OVER WESTERN EUROPE! THE ONES WHICH TARGET AMERICA ARE SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHED!
2 TURNS TO HIT AMERICA!

RADIATION FROM CHINA SPREADS FURTHER! INDIA AND JAPAN ARE TRYING TO CONTAIN RADIATION!
[1, INDIA]
[1, JAPAN]
BOTH OF THOSE COUNTRIES HAVE FAILED TO CONTAIN RADIATION AND DECLARE COUNTRY-WIDE EMERGENCY!

THE AMERICAN NAVY FIGHTS THE RUSSIAN NAVY IN BERING STRAIT.
[1 VS 3] THE AMERICAN NAVY LOSES RIGHT NOW DUE TO THE EXPERIMENTAL STEALTH-FIELD RUSSIAN SUBMARINES! YET THE TIDE CAN BE TURNED!

AMERICA LAUNCHES NUKES AT RUSSIA.
[1] THEY EXPLODE AT THE STARTING! OKLAHOMA IS HIT!

VAULT-TEC DECIDED TO BUY NEW RESOURCES, INSTEAD OF CONTINUOUSLY DOING LOGISTICAL FUCK-UPS. THEY ANNOUNCE THAT THEY WORK ON A SECRET PROJECT, DEDICATED TO RADIATION REMOVAL.
[1] THEIR PROJECT IS HANDLED SO INEFFECTIVELY, THAT THE DIRECTORS OF VAULT-TEC DECIDED TO ABANDON THE PROJECT.

TUCKER REDNECK FAMILY HAS ALMOST GIVEN UP THE SEARCH FOR SOMEGUY.
[1 VS 2]
THEY FINALLY GIVE UP.

THE MAN WITH REVOLVER IS READY TO UNLOAD BULLET INTO JOHN SMITH'S HEAD, IF HE OR HIS FRIENDS TRY TO MAKE SUDDEN MOVES.

THE SUBJECTS OF GREAT COCKROACH EMPIRE HAVE FINISHED DIGGING OUT THE CAPITAL! HOW VIRGINIA WOULD LIKE TO NAME THE CAPITAL?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33