Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Sacrilege IC thread [4/6]  (Read 7232 times)

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrilege IC thread [5/6]
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:26 pm »

"Alright..." he says, with a healthy amount of skepticism. "Thanks for the tip." Well now I have to investigate. "But if you're working for the guy, why not take me in now?" he asks, eyes narrowed. "And how do you know who I am, anyway?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 12:50:20 pm »

"I have my sources," Dis says mysteriously, "and as for why I'm not taking you in, your mother would be upset if something were to happen to you, and that is the last thing I want." he gives you the this last piece of cryptic advice, and then, he disappears into thin air.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 03:55:20 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 08:56:10 pm »

Russel is left standing there for a moment, his brain having gone into overtime to digest what he just experienced. Thoughts raced through his mind. Serapis is coming after me- No, I don't know that. But he said- And what about the magic- -work tomorrow, he's gonna kill- -notebook. Check it when- -didn't mean to-  -miss them a lot- -saw me- -doesn't even remember- -but then- -need more info- -gotta skip town- -following me around- -him and his stupid suit- -doesn't make any sense- -*

Through the cacophony, a thought rose to the surface and presented itself with utmost clarity: My mom is being stalked by David Fucking Copperfield.

Fish decided it was time to pay his mother a visit. Soon. He checked to see that his notebook was still where he left it before putting his hood up and disappearing into the alley. Despite his world being shaken, the hustle and bustle of the city went on, and his mother was likely still sitting at her loom like every other day. He just hoped he wouldn't run into any other magicians (or otherwise) on his way across town to his mother's workplace.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »

See if I can't mathemagically track down the direction(s) necessary to reach Thoth.

33% likely to be crazy isn't that bad, right? Hm...I wonder if I can have words-from-numbers happen again, that would be useful.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 05:48:41 pm »

I search for somewhere out of the way to take a short nap in.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2018, 04:07:13 pm »

Chapter 2: Part 1: As the Crow flies.

Annabelle Winston[9]: You sit down, opening to a random page in the book, close to the end.

"Nooooooooooo!" screamed Luke as he hung from the piece of scaffolding, minutes from falling to his untimely demise. "Search your feelings, you know it to be true," came the reply of Darth Vader.

You laugh to yourself, realizing what you just read, in Latin no less, in a house in a world that looks like ancient Egypt. You keep seeing these, juxtapositions of the modern world with ancient history. You hear a knock, "may I come in?" comes the questioning voice of your host.

Jammy Nervermer[4]+1: You manage to find a nice, comfortable place to relax for a bit, when a crow flies above you. It's cawing, a lot, very, very loudly. It circles above you and flies onwards, to a location somewhere in the city, and you go back to trying to nap. It comes back, and goes back to cawing at you. You get up, and start walking and it flies off, then you rush back to the bicep,ace you found and go back to sleep. It comes back, cawing again. You try to swat at it, but it dodges your hand and ends up pecking your head. Then it flys off, and you are really pissed at that feathery little prick.

Jason/Octavian Grey[9]: You return to the camp, and as you do, you work to make the Swiss Army knife better. Using your magic, you sharpen it, and remove the rust. You have to remove the nail file from it, but that's not the worst issue. You deposit the gear as you return to camp, but you are still holding the knife. As you walk into camp, a crow flies over you, cawing bloody murder, as it circles the camp and flies back to the city.

Carter Graham[5]+2: You go back to work, trying to solve the equation. You now know that that man was Thoth, and you want to find him, but you aren't sure where he is. He said he was in Thebes, but you have no idea where Thebes is. You work on the equation, and find your answer. The words spell out "Follow as the crow flies." Significantly less strait forward than the previous message, or so you think, as a crow flies over head, cawing up a storm, circling over the camp, and it circles back around, back to the city.

Russel "Fish" Fischer[2]-2: You run out. However Dis is, he's not the kind of person you want anywhere near your mother. The problem is, you have no idea where your mother works now. You run through the streets, trying to find some trace if her, when you end up right back at Dis's mansion. It a crow flying over it, cawing up a storm.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 04:40:30 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »

Try to figure out what the hell is up with that bird.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2018, 06:42:45 pm »

'It's to be expected but is otherwise strange to find something like this here,' Annabelle thought to herself as she set the door down when the person on the other side of the door spoke. 'Though Serapis had changed the world into an amalgamation of at least three ancient cultures, he for some reason haven't did away with the modern elements. Perhaps he is somehow unable to eliminate them entirely or doesn't care about them either way.'

Bid the person to enter.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2018, 08:06:21 pm »

Russel takes a moment to watch the bird circling overhead. Crow. Omens of bad fortune. Russel thinks to himself. Thanks for trying, bud, but I figured that one out on my own. He checks behind him for a low, shady spot to take up residence for a bit and watch the entrance to the mansion grounds. He settles in and breaks out his notebook. I might not know where my mom's shop is, but Copperfield here does. Let's see who he's got running info to him. Flipping to the list of people he marked coming to and from the mansion from earlier, he prepares for another eventful period of low tech surveillance.

Russel hides near Dis's mansion, and takes note of any people who look like textile workers, or are just generally strange or suspicious.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:30 am »

Go find my host, and explain to him what I've seen, and (Since he'll certainly ask) tell him what's up with that bird.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrilege IC thread [4/6]
« Reply #70 on: February 05, 2018, 08:18:36 am »

Chapter 2: Part 2: Dis is what charisma is used for.

Annabelle Winston[10]-3, [3]+5 v [8]+5:You bid your host enter, and he opens the door. The man from before walks in. "Hello, I apologize for not having introduced myself earlier, my name is Dis," he states, "and you are?" You tell him your name, is voice is warm and inviting, you dint see why you shouldn't trust him. "Annabelle, what a pleasant name," he compliments, "your parents must have had good taste." "Unfortunately," he says, his voice turning solemn, "I'm not here only for a chat." He walks over, and kneels down to look you in the eyes. "You are a mage, that means, you are exceptionally gifted, you have powers very few people have. Most mages, when they first gain their powers, are disoriented, and tend to assume someone is out to get them. That is an old instinct from an old time, we have not yet lost. Now, we live in a world were mages have the respect they deserve. Tomorrow, we'll start seeing what powers you gave, and how to work with them, but you should,d take the rest of the day off, you're likely still a bit disoriented, and need some time to relax." With that he walks out, leaving you with the books.

Jason/Octavian Grey[7]+1: You write out an exceedingly complex formula attempting to mathematically calculate what the bird is doing. It is clear now why you are not a biology, zoology, or veterinary student. Anyway, in your attempt to use math to understand the behavior of an animal, well, if all you have is a hammer... anyway, your calculations start spelling out words. Instead of stopping because this is creepy, like a normal person, you continue, because you're a troper in a world where magic is real, you're kind of expecting this stuff. The words spell out a nice and simple message, "ask your guest." You turn around, and here he comes, seeming as though he has something to tell you.

Carter Graham[7]-1: You go up to your host and tell him about the the numbers in your calculations spelling out words. He seems very receptive of this, and doesn't once call you crazy, quite a surprise. Anyway, you tell him the bird is a messenger from Thoth, god of knowledge, and that you should follow it. He believes you, as, well, he's probably seen weirder stuff, and you both begin packing up some gear for an excursion into the city.

Russel "Fish" Fischer[4]+2: You succeed at hiding, thankfully, you have a lot of practice. Unfortunately, you don't see any textile workers, or any suspicious people. Most of the servants got into their positions this morning, maybe you should check your notes, perhaps she was one of the people who came in earlier.

Jammy Nervermer: Jammy, deciding the crow isn't worth the trouble, leaves. That night, he goes and does his job at the brothel, and continues it until he gets a raise and a better shift. A part of our story closed for now, perhaps later to be reopened and re-explored. Nothing is impossible in a world such as ours, were gods walk the earth and humans become mages.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 05, 2018, 08:25:45 am »

Onwards to wherever the hell it is we're supposed to go!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 05, 2018, 10:43:30 pm »

(I totally trust this guy too!  :P)

After Dis left the work, Annabelle felt warm inside, figuratively speaking of course. To be honest, Annabelle thought that Dis and his bodyguards were shady people. Now she know that they are actually not that bad. Dis seemed like a really nice fellow and is handsome too. Most of all, she gets to show off her powers to the other mages! It will be so much fun and enlightening to meet people like her! There may even be a chance that they may be Serapis' enemy, hiding right under his nose, ready to strike before he realizes their true allegiance! Perhaps she is destined for this after all!

However, a small feeling of uncertainty latched itself to her thoughts. "What did Dis mean when he spoke of mages' paranoia being an old instinct for an old time? Is such a thing still relevant today even if the reasons are different?"

Such a question may have an answer in the near future. For now, Annabelle wants to read another book.

Putting up the book, Annabelle will read another, preferably one about chemistry.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2018, 02:22:16 am »

Russel scowls at his notes. Nothing. C'mon, Fish. Use that brain of yours. He spends the next few minutes flipping through the old logs, searching for anything he could have possibly missed. Any people he could have missed. Maybe she's already been through here. You remember what mom looks like, don't you?

...Right?

He pushes the thought out of his head. Of course I do. Dominican, mid fifties, salt and pepper hair. Poring over the logs, he redoubles his efforts to locate his mother.

Russel stays put in front of the mansion, cross checking his notes for any sign of his mother.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2018, 10:49:45 am »

Follow the bird. Carefully, so there is a notable lack of interesting plot ambushes and other sneaky business.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8