Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Sacrilege IC thread [4/6]  (Read 7234 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrilege IC thread [5/6]
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 08:37:55 pm »

Search the area around where I found the fish. Are there any tracks, other bones, other fish? Magic swords, Nazgul atop a nearby ridge, dragon eggs?

Please don't be a zombie fish.....and please no evil magic fish totems.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 08:46:45 pm »

>Eat Breakfast, Leave and look for where my work was.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2018, 11:27:09 pm »

Chapter 1: Part 9: Enemy spotted! Prepare for evasive menuviors!

Annabelle Winston[10]: You settle down and eat breakfast. It's strange, everyone around you is living like it's the 3rd century, but here you are, with a breakfast of eggs and toast, like any normal day. Jammy practically shoves the food down his throat and runs out the door like a bat out of hell, looking like has somewhere to be. After you eat, you settle down, and begin trying to decide where you might find more people like you and Jammy. You decide that anyone else like you would likely start off like you, confused and unsure of what to do. As such, you wander around looking for anyone out of place. The city is large, and you avoid any back ally short cuts, you don't want a repeat of what happened last night, and so it takes you a while to find something, but boy, do you find something. Walking around in a rich part of the city, the temperature begins to heat up. You move closer to the source of heat, and see a man in a pinstriped suit staring at the rooftops, following his line of sight, you see a young man with long brown hair in a ponytail. The man in the suit turns to you. "Another one?" he sighs, "what are the odds."

Jammy Nervermer[10]: You eat breakfast, and as you do, you remember your job as a guard at the brothel. You stuff the food down your throats, deciding you'll digest on the way, and start tearing it to the brothel. When you arrive, your probably ex boss is standing at the entrance. As you walk towards him, the air seems to chill, but it's probably just the frosty look he's giving you. "Your late," he says, "very late. You have one chance to explain yourself, go." You begin recounting your story, how you ran into a girl in an alley, and how you saved her from the crooks, leaving out the parts about both of you being anti Serapis, of course. When you finish your story, the man walks up to you, his looks not changing, and he... pats you on the back, a smile breaking out on his face. "That's the kind of man we need working here," he says with a smile "the kind of guy who knows what's right and wrong, and isn't afraid to beat the crap out of anyone who is doing what's wrong." His looks turn frosty again. "However," he threatens, "if you blow your job off again tonight, you won't have a job to blow off a third time, got it?" You vigorously nod your head, just glad you still have a job. As the man walks back in, you relax, and it feels li,e the air hearts back up. Yup walk away, a little more relaxed.

Jason/Octavian Grey[3]+2: You can't figure much out, you can really only tell that there  s a fish skeleton, and in all likelihood, someone brought it along on a trip and tossed it over to the side when they finished it.

Carter Gram[7]: You look around and find... pretty much nothing. Nothing looks out off the ordinary, no footprints, no wagon tracks, not even any animal prints. No cursed former humans or Eragon references either. It's pretty much just a normal day in the desert, which is weird in its own right. Looks like the boy covered his tracks after all.

Russel "Fish" Fischer[8]+1: You set up on the rooftops in a wealthy part of town. Your reporter instincts not dulled at all by this new world, you get to work. You  sign noting anyone and everyone who goes on and out of the richest building. It's mostly just servants going in for their daily labor, the high time for this kind of thing would be afternoons, but you'll just wait until it is the afternoon of you have to. It's slow work, occasionally you see someone who looks important, but it's normally just a bodyguard. You do get a lot of info on the general lay out, and of the routines of people who work outside, but it's not all that useful for you right now. Part way through the day, you catch your lucky break. Out of the main entrance, flanked by two muscular looking guards, is a very important looking man, in a very important looking suit. As he steps out, you can feel the air temperature increase by a couple degrees. As he walks away, to cools back down. You quickly note down everything you can about him, his short, greying, brown hair, slim frame, navy blue pin striped suit and leather shoes, would not look out of place on Wall Street, but they look very out of place here. The man goes off to the agora and you wait for him to come back, knowing you found your mark. Later, when he comes back, the temperature rises again. As he reaches the gates, the man lets out a sigh. With that, he turns and stares directly at you, and the air temperature, jumps to blazing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:51:31 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2018, 12:40:01 am »

Russel takes a noted interest in this sharp suited stranger, starting a whole new page in his notebook titled "BIG SHOT". Though, he's less interested in the stranger and more in his clothes. Last I checked, the Italian cut wasn't invented until after Italy was. What's this guy doing with an outfit like that? He takes notice of the change in temperature, but it isn't until after the second time the man passes that he realizes it isn't a fluke of the wind. Modern suit, heats the air, spends his time at the market. Definitely a person of interest. He triple underlines his observee's epithet and prepares to try and catch a glimpse of anyone that might greet him at the gate before the man turns to look somewhere in his direction. No wait- It's him.

Despite his little spot feeling like a sauna, Russel's blood runs cold. Shit. He sees me. Shit. Abort. Abort! With one hand he hastily stuffs his notebook into his hoodie pocket, and with the other he slams his fist onto the ornate roof. The dust rising off the tiles quickly billows, spurred on by Russel's magic and forms into a ten foot by ten foot smokescreen between him and the wealthy stranger.

Scrambling to his feet, he scurries off the roof and back down to the streets, preparing to make a hasty getaway to the alleys. He wasn't particularly fast, but it wouldn't be hard to lose a middle aged (but probably magical) man in this city. At least, he hoped so. He really hoped so.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2018, 08:01:03 am »

Screw it, let's just go exploring or something. I don't think we'll be finding anything else useful around this particular spot. Be sure to turn back for camp at about noon, though.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2018, 11:23:10 pm »

Annabelle blinked in interest. This man seemed to know who she is and, based on the amount of heat he's outputting, she now know who he is. Wishing that there was a more comfortable way of sensing other Awakened, Annabelle turned toward the pony-tailed man just in time to see him scurrying off when the man in the pinstriped suit turned toward him. Hoping that it was a result of his shyness and not, say a completely justifiable avoidance of a potential threat, Annabelle walked closer to the well-dressed man with a sheepish grin, hoping that she wasn't making the biggest mistake of her life. After all, meeting a fellow Awakened is what she wanted to do earlier.

"Hello there," she said with an awkward wave.

Be prepared to do whatever is necessary to escape should the man proved to be nefarious. If her fears are unnecessary, she will attempt to gather more information after the current affairs of the world and of the Awakened.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 12:03:28 am by Sir Elventide »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2018, 11:15:27 am »

I wander around for a bit, hoping to actually get to my job on time today.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2018, 10:32:21 am »

Wander back to camp and start working the new information back into my equations. Oh, and check the probability that that guy is actually Thoth.

And possibly also the probability that I've gone schizophrenic.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:52 pm »

Chapter 1: Part 10: You suck at evasive maneuvers.

Annabelle Winston[6] v [8]+5: The man smiles at you. "Hello miss, so, you're a mage?" he asks. You nod your head, his voice is smooth and inviting, and he doesn't exactly look like a fighter. "Well then, it's my duty to welcome you to the fold," he smiles, "I must apologize, but I have another matter to attend to, Dexter, Sinister," he turns to address the two men beside him, "show the young lady inside." With that, the man closes his eyes, and disappears. The two men show you inside, your a bit concerned about the second man's name, but your mind translates it and you laugh at the joke. They show you to a wide open room, a beautiful study, everything painted to shine like gold. The book case next to you is filled to calamity, and there is a massive window allowing in enough natural light to practically make it feel as though you are outside. You grab a book from the shelf, and one of the men, Dexter you think, asks you if you'd like anything. Before you answer him, you look out the window, and see a crow, sitting proud by the windowsill. As soon as it catches your eye, it flies off.

Jammy Nervermer[5]: You wander around for a bit, but not much happens to you, it's really just a normal walk around town. You stay near the brothel, bit its early morning, and you have a night tine job, so you have a lot of time to kill until then.

Jason/Octavian Grey[6]+2: You go back to looking around. After looking around for a while, you find a box on buried in the sand. Upon opening it, you see a list of names and dates, and some cheap items. You immediately recognize it, it's a geocache. Inside you find a match box, someone's damaged business card, a toy car, a Swiss Army knife that has seen better days, some hair accessory thing, and a cheap flashlight. Well, it's a pretty good haul.

Carter Gram[5]+2: You check your calculations with your new info, you find two important peices of info. One, that guy you're hanging out with, Octavian, 100% a mage, and two, mages can be brainwashed again, and they maintain their powers. You also try to find the probability that that guy was Thoth, and find a 100% chance, mostly because your numbers begin to spell out "I am Thoth, god of knowledge." However, you find a 33% chance that you are crazy, so that might be why you see the words.

Russel "Fish" Fischer[3]+2 v [4]+1: You jump and run. This is not a drill! This is not drill! It's the councilman's house all over again! You run, but your are going to fast, you trip. "Need a hand?" says a voice, and you see a hand reaching down to help you up. You grab the hand and start pulling yourself up... only to see the big shot you were running from! You drop his hand and scramble back, but he simply puts his hands up. "I just want to talk boy," he says, and you look at him, ready for whatever he intends to say.

Dis ?[4]+5: "My name," the man begins with, "is Dis, I'm referred to as Serapis's actuary." You narrow your eyes, the man just admitted to working for Serapis. "I'm not a fighter, truthfully, I'd much prefer to stay on the sideline," he continues, "but I'm meant to bring Serapis any mages I find, you're lucky I was the only one to spot you."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:05:52 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2018, 08:18:00 pm »

Annabelle blinked in mild confusion as the crow flies off after making eye contact with her. Thinking that it was nothing, Annabelle turned to Dexter (or was it Sinister?). "No I'm fine, thank you," she answered as she sat in a chair. She'd never expected Awakened like her to occupy such quarters at all, never like this. She'd half expected them to be ostracized by the mundane for wearing modern clothing and essentially sticking out like a sore thumb.

Annabelle opened the book and turned to a random page. If people like her can thrive in such a place, would going back to normal actually be a good thing? Would she choose to unravel what could be a potentially bright future for her? Will she be able to become in the normal world what she can become here? More mysteries await but for now Annabelle wants to read a book.

Pass the time by reading the book.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2018, 08:24:41 pm »

Take them, and return to camp.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2018, 10:22:18 pm »

Russel quickly dusts himself off and stands to face the mysterious magical stranger. "Uh, thanks. I'm Alex." he lied. Currently his self-preservation instinct was screaming for him to get away, but over the years he'd gotten better at ignoring that- especially when an opportunity came up. "Oh, is that who you are? That's a relief." he laughed. "I thought my boss sent you to find me. I told him I wasn't feeling too well earlier but he's starting to get wise that that usually means I'm trying to skip the rest of my shift. And believe me, when that guy's pissed, the wrath of the gods has nothing on what he's capable of." He punctuates the sentence with a wink. If this guy doesn't buy this I am absolutely dead. Keep track of your exits, Fish. "So, Mr... Dis, right? Lead the way." he says, with as much suave, cool confidence as he can muster.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 11:05:04 pm »

Russel, stop lying, I have no intentions of turning you in.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:07:44 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Hibou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2018, 11:52:45 pm »

Shit.

Russel paused, his brain processing the possible actions he could take now that his cover was blown. Well, he probably never had that cover to begin with. Who is this guy, anyway? he wondered. He's got my name, probably knows where I work, and he's gonna take me to the guy who runs this joint. He blinked. If he knows all that, why is he bringing me in here? He probably has enough influence to shanghai me any day of the week. This seems fishy. "Alright. You got me." he holds his hands out in a half-hearted gesture of surrender before putting them back at his sides. "Quick question though: why are you approaching me now?"

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2018, 08:06:05 am »

I had no intention of ever approaching you Russel. I didn't even know you were a mage until just now. I'm only here to give you a warning. He turns to you and his voice turns serious You were dragged into this conflict that is far above you. Do your best to stay out, or you might run into someone who does not have a vested interest in your safety.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8