Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Sacrilege IC thread [4/6]  (Read 7237 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrilege IC thread [4/6]
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 03:55:58 pm »

I wander around town.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 10:19:01 pm »

"So, the world is controlled by...something, and everyone's memories are gone, except for those people whose memories aren't gone, they get magic powers...Sounds like a good idea to find more of these people. But first, the desert is hot, and dry, and I need somewhere to shelter, I guess."

Carter starts searching for a non-desert, non-inhabited location nearby. An oasis or something would be nice.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 08:43:18 am »

Chapter 1, Part 4: Teams have been decided.

Annabelle Winston:[1]: You wander around, looking for a location to sit alone and practice your spells, but the main area of Thebes is very busy, and not many places are secluded, along with the fact that a young women in your attire sitting alone would draw plenty of attention, especially from members of the male persuasion. As such, you wander into what looks like a less populated area, unfortunately for you, it's less populated for a reason. As you sit down and begin to experiment, a muscular arm roughly grabs you by the collar of your shirt and throws you against a wall, while you can feel a cold, sharp object pressed to your neck. An ugly looking man in black smirks smugly at you, and two even uglier men, in matching clothes, stand behind him. "Ok doll," the man snarls in a heavy Brooklyn accent, "you know the drill, your money or your life."

Jammy Nervermer:[3]: You begin to wander through the town, but don't get far. Not far from the brothel, you see three butt ugly men in black leather (honestly, do they think they're scaring anyone? They look like they belong at a gay bar.) pinning a young women in a purple school uniform to a wall with a shiv to her throat. Based in the matching outfits, they appear to be gang members, but likely it's not a very important gang, most have outfits that don't make their members look like they would be jerking off to The Matrix. Anyway, the least ugly of the men, not that it's much of a statement, has the shiv, and he snarls in a heavy Brooklyn accent "Ok doll, you know the drill, your money of your life."

Jason/Octavian Grey:[10]+1: You get back to work setting up the tent and it goes quickly.:[6]: You go out to look for more stuff. You find a couple rabbits and some plants, perfect for a stew. By the time you're done, it's already getting late, the desert will be cold in only a short while, and it's probably best to simply stay in camp until morning. You light a fire and begin to cook your meats, and as the food cooks, a man stumbles into your camp.

Carter Graham:[9]: Carter tabled his formula for now, keeping it ready in his mind in case he finds more missing variables. He wandered forward around the desert, the obvious choice for an area would be the city he can see in the distance, but he decides he would like to avoid heavily populated places, and so, goes to look for a habitable location in the desert.  It takes him a while, but eventually, one factor is the decider, he brought no food with him. As such, he wanders forward to the nearest place where he can smell what smells like meat, and stumbles into an encampment in an oasis, with four tents, and a lot of sheep.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 10:51:58 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 09:03:20 am »

"The dessert will be cold in just a short while" oh good, normally my ice cream melts after dinner. :P

Anyway, sacred hospitality. Carter is quite welcome.
That said, Jason is feeling pretty warm right now, warmer than the fire can explain.

It's discussion time!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 09:11:39 am »

I Grab the guy with the shiv from behind, Pick him up, and throw him into another guy
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2017, 06:09:16 pm »

Probably best to keep this quiet...very quiet. I don't know what I'm walking into, but hopefully some of these herders are friendly.

Search around and check for that funny warm feeling. Try not to talk to anybody until said funny feeling indicates that they're also magical/possessed of their memories.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:13 pm »

Scared nearly out of her wits, Annabelle struggled futilely in the man's grasp. Finally relenting, Annabelle was about to give the crooks her purse when she saw a fourth man sneaking up on them from behind. This pale-skinned man was wearing clothing that would look out of place in this world; in other words, he was dressed in modern day attire with a chain belt holding up his pants. His red eyes was focused on the criminal holding a shiv to her throat, making his intentions clear to her. For some reason, Annabelle felt warmer the closer he got to her.

Wanting to distract the criminals, Annabelle:

Attempt to kick the shiv-wielding criminal in the testicles to free herself. Once free, she will test whether she do have those abilities by transmuting the air surrounding the three crooks' heads into ethanol vapor in order to stun them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:30:39 pm by Sir Elventide »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:06 pm »

Probably best to keep this quiet...very quiet. I don't know what I'm walking into, but hopefully some of these herders are friendly.

Search around and check for that funny warm feeling. Try not to talk to anybody until said funny feeling indicates that they're also magical/possessed of their memories.
Jason goes to meet and welcome his unexpected guest.
"Hail. Please, eat, join us. You are clearly in need of a place to stay the night, sir." [extends hand to shake]

EDIT:...
Whelp, my opinion is lets sleep and get a timeskip to morning.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 02:25:39 pm by Glass »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2017, 10:51:07 am »

Chapter 1, Part 5: Well, that was quick.

Annabelle Winston[3], [5]+5 and Jammy Nervermer[10]+2: Annabelle, though pinned to a wall with a shiv to the neck, decided to fight back. She goes for a time tested strategy, whenever a women is fighting a man much bigger than her, kick him in the balls. Unfortunately, it doesn't work very well. You struggle to kick him in the balls, but you fall short. "Well then doll," the man says, "looks like ya don't feel like cooperating, to bad, guess we'll have ta take ya money and ya life." He let me out an ugly guffaw, and so did his compatriots, that is, until the shirtless man behind him grabbed him by the shirt collar. He picked him up by the collar, and swung him around, knocking him into both of his allies, causing them to all fall down in a neat little pile. Jammy grabbed the man's shiv, and walked over to the unconscious muggers, ready to make sure they were down, but Annabelle beat him to it. She transmuted the air around the criminals head, only a little bit though, to much would be lethal, into ethanol vapor. The men quickly began to feel woozy, and passed out.

Jason/Octavian Grey[roll scrapped] and Carter Graham[9][5]: Despite Octavian's greeting, Carter returned only a cool nod. As such, Octavian made sure he had food, and then retired for the night. Carter wandered around the camp, looking for another with their memory, and he felt a slight warm feeling near the tent of the man who treated him, as well as a chill at one point while standing around, he looked around, but could only see a slight shimmer of movement in the sky. To tired to follow it, he turned in as well.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:27:28 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2017, 11:13:19 am »

[Octavian is asleep.]

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 07:22:07 am »

"Thank you so much for rescuing me," Annabelle said as she glared at the unconscious men at her feet. "If there is a constant in this world, it's that there's no shortage of crooks."

Giving the lead criminal a swift kick in the crotch, Annabelle turned to the newcomer. "I'd love to introduce myself but our immediate environment may not be freed of bullies. Perhaps we should go somewhere safer to talk? Telling by your clothing you may be in the same predicament as I."

Go to a safer location

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 12:22:00 pm »

"Sure, I think I know a place..."
Head somewhere we are less likely to be mugged.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 04:40:05 pm »

Chapter 1, Part 6: Dream sequence.

Annabelle Winston and Jammy Nervermer. Same action so rolls are averaged[7]: You head to a safer part of the city. Jammy is given a few weird looks, his attire is not exactly common place, but the fact that he looks like he could beat the snot out of anyone who looks at him funny dissuades prying eyes. The two of you sit down on a bench near a park with only a few people.

Jason/Octavian Grey[5]: You fall asleep, your dreams are of little consequence, little bits of sound and images you'll likely forget when morning comes. You catch sight of sheep, a lot of sheep, a die with moon phases on each side, and a couple hallucinations you remember from college, a nice mix of caffeine and sleep deprivation tended to bring them on. Dragons of many colors flying around, scenes from some of your favorite books and games. Nox and The Kid in a stolen van, Erin working on an invention. Really, nothing much.

Carter Graham[10]: You're asleep. This is when you're normally solving complex equations, or dreaming about the crazy stuff your boss talked about. In fact, your in a lab in your dream right now, but the nan you're with is definitely not your boss. Next to you, is a man with the head of along beaked bird. He is wearing an open lab coat over a black teeshirt ad slacks. "Hello there, I'm Thoth, it's nice to meet you," the man says, "would you mind if we step outside? I have something to show you." You step outside of the lab, and as you do, it changes into a library behind you, where several young men in Egyptian clothes are reading papyrus scrolls and hardcover books. "This," Thoth gestures to the area all around you, "is Plato university, the jewel of Thebes. If you can't make it to study at Alexandria, you go here, and that is better than it sounds."  "But to the reason I contacted you," he continued, "if you want to do something about this fiasco, this might be a good place to start. I can't tell you to much in a dream, but I will say this, good luck.

Carter's dream took all night so nothing for him next round. One more round and then it's morning and MM and Glass wake up.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 08:33:59 am by Smoke Mirrors »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2017, 11:52:05 pm »

(Hey SM, do we go to bed to pass the time or will you do the time skip?

"Once again, thank you so much for rescuing me back there," Annabelle muttered as she glanced at the people near them. Though the two of them were drawing stares from them, none of them thought to question them perhaps due to the stranger's appearance. Nevertheless, Annabelle was cautious.

"God knows that everything's weird right now," she continued in a hushed voice. "Sure it looks like we're in a conglomeration of ancient cultures, primarily those of Ancient Egypt, Greece, and maybe Rome, but I know this world is much older. Perhaps 'It's-still-the modern-world-but-only-a-currently-unknown-amount-of-time-later' old."

Taking a deep breath, Annabelle held out a hand. "Now that we may be in the same boat, let's introduce ourselves. My name is Annabelle and your name is...?"
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:59:41 pm by Sir Elventide »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 06:59:36 am »

[Continues sleeping]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8