Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44025 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #630 on: April 05, 2018, 10:25:10 am »

"Robot superheroes in fiction." Amelie supplies. "My n-name is Amelie, by the way." she says, to Kiyo and others who didn't know her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #631 on: April 05, 2018, 11:52:21 am »

"Oh. I though you were one of those Kamen Riders or whatever people keep saying Maki is."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: April 05, 2018, 12:00:02 pm »

"Uh... I'm Ragnar. You probably haven't heard of me. That reminds me, I wanted to ask."
Ragnar turns to Maki.
"So did you like, get given the suit or did you make it yourself or something?"

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: April 05, 2018, 12:31:35 pm »

"Robot superheroes in fiction." Amelie supplies. "My n-name is Amelie, by the way." she says, to Kiyo and others who didn't know her.

"Thank you, Amelie. That is very helpful. It is nice to meet you!"

"Oh. I though you were one of those Kamen Riders or whatever people keep saying Maki is."

"No. I am an MRG Experimental Unit. The first and probably only. I hope that clears things up?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: April 05, 2018, 12:35:42 pm »

"Uh.....complicated. Kinda complicated. That's how I'd put it."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: April 05, 2018, 12:47:42 pm »

Ragnar nods. He mentally makes a note to himself.
Made it or stole. Either way, unoriginal.
Of course, if she got given it that'd be different. It's rude to refuse a gift after all and obviously it's not like you're a copycat if you're specifically approved to use it.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: April 05, 2018, 12:55:46 pm »

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Kiyo jumps a little and then teleports one of her metal business cards into her hand. With a deeply apologetic bow she offers it to Yamato. "I am Akaiheiya Kiyo, MRG Experimental Unit-01. I was designed as a test bed for a variety of weapon and AI technologies and have been tasked to defend the Special Administrative District against the Zoanthrope threat. I look forward to working with you in the future!"

He takes the business card.
"Well, thanks for clearing that up. I'm Sato Yamato."
Ah, but something about the way that was worded... 'Designed as a test bed'? Well, he wouldn't pry.

"Uh.....complicated. Kinda complicated. That's how I'd put it."
"What's so complicated about it?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: April 05, 2018, 12:56:58 pm »

"It involves bad decisions, a prototype belt and terrorists. Long story."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #638 on: April 08, 2018, 02:24:25 am »

"I just ate a bird," Haruko offered helpfully(?) as she idly fiddled with the shrunken form of the so-called arm cannon.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: April 08, 2018, 08:10:07 am »

"Magic ancestral amulet." Amelie contributed. "So, we're going to that hospital? Do the others need to do anything?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: April 08, 2018, 09:05:17 am »

"I just ate a bird," Haruko offered helpfully(?) as she idly fiddled with the shrunken form of the so-called arm cannon.
"Taking 'you are what you eat' way too literally... Well, that's new. Must've been one hell of a bird. I'm just pretty good with a sword, myself."
Yamato points to the sword at his side as he says this.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:17 am »

Kiyo doesn't contribute how she got her powers. It should be readily apparent to everyone already. Instead she comments, "This all sounds very fascinating. Maybe when we have the time you can talk about it more in depth?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: April 08, 2018, 12:11:24 pm »

Ragnar raises his hand a little bit.
"Bugs like me."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: April 08, 2018, 04:14:07 pm »

Maki's grandfather suddenly pokes his head out of the kitchen, looking over towards the group, frowning.
"You should all clear out soon, whoever you all are. I'm closing up soon. Maki, if you'd mind helping out in the kitchen? Tohru's called in sick today, so I've had to run the place myself for dinner. Sometimes, I swear that boy wants to avoid me, that he's scared of me. The only thing that boy has to fear is missing his paychecks. Hmph! Don't you all mind this old man."
"I think that's an end to the meeting. Let's meet up tomorrow, see what we get, yeah?"

As Maki joins her grandfather in the kitchen quickly, the rest of the group presumably starts filing out of the steakhouse except possibly for Haruko. Ito, however, notices something odd about Hayato's eyes; or rather, where they're looking. Precisely, he's staring right at his damaged coat, on his chair.

Right at the symbol in the Makai language on the back of his coat, known only to himself and others of the Makai Order.

A moment passes, before Hayato looks up, his eyes following Ito as he leaves. Maki pokes her head back out of the kitchen, as Hayato continues staring at the door of the steakhouse.
"Grandpa? Something wrong?"
".....nothing. It's fine. I was just admiring your friend's excellent dress sense. Coats like that? They're hard to come by. Get started on those dishes."

As Maki steps back inside the kitchen, Hayato pauses for a few moments, thinking briefly. It was probably nothing, anyway. Kids nowadays liked dressing like their favourite heroes, didn't they? Kamen Rider Volt and all that were relatively popular; he'd seen the helmets in Seito, knockoffs made of plastic and terribly painted. He personally remembered back when Kamen Rider Astra was a trend, and he'd seen people copying him with papier-mache masks and poses like on that Kamen Rider show he'd heard his granddaughter gush about. It wasn't what Hayato thought it was, hopefully, and probably just a nice coat. After all, he could appreciate nice coats. And he hoped it was probably nothing.

Probably nothing. His eyes drifted towards Maki, her back to him putting dishes away.

Probably nothing. For now.

Between that night and the next day, Kiyo received a call from Lieutenant Godai, giving her the all-clear to investigate the hospital. All they'd have to do is explain that Lieutenant Kazuma sent them; Kiyo was unfamiliar with Lieutenant Kazuma, but presumably he was someone else with the authority to get what Kiyo wanted.

As for the girls that Spica and Ito were taking care of, neither of them have woken up. Spica visited Ito in the morning, keeping him updated on her condition. The girl under Spica's care had not improved massively; her wounds had mostly healed, but she showed no sign of waking up, no sign of becoming conscious, no sign of changing state at all since Spica got her hands on her. The only other change Spica notes is her looking less pained, as if whatever was hurting her has begun to wane. The girl with Tsubaki and Ito, meanwhile, seems to have improved a fair bit; she's not awake, but she's breathing easier, her wounds are closed and she doesn't seem so pained. She may wake up in a day or two, given some more care.

The Next Day, Early Afternoon, Touto University Hospital
Maki is waiting outside the hospital, in her usual hoodie-shirt-and-skirt combo, waiting for everyone else to show up. Something had caught her eye, of course, something unusual that she wanted to discuss with the others. Not particularly bad, of course, but it was odd.

It was the presence of a car with the Eden Foundation logo hanging on an ID from the rearview mirror, and Maki swears she's seen at least one or two Eden Foundation soldiers around the hospital grounds.

That was cause for curiosity, at the very least.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: April 08, 2018, 04:29:16 pm »

Ragnar walks up, his typical suit perfectly cleaned and maintained. Or maybe it was another suit. Either way, he arrives with a couple cans of some soda type drink. He holds one out to Maki in silent offering.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 65