Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43977 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #855 on: January 21, 2019, 05:36:25 pm »

Said beleaguered swordsman had managed to worm his way out of Haruko's grasp far enough to see, just in time to notice he was about to be made the filling in a Haruko-and-Zoanthrope sandwich.

Haha yeah fuck that. Yamato wasn't certain he could even survive that particular experience, between Haruko's Haruko-ness and the Aranea's acid blood... But on the other hand, this would be the best time to take the Aranea by surprise. So, a compromise.

Yamato waits until the last moment to push away Haruko and launch himself down and forward at the Zoanthrope, flaming sword first.

Turning Swallow Cut.

[4 5 2 4 1 1 6 5 1 3]
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 22, 2019, 06:00:17 pm »

No choice. Entirely possible that there's another of these creatures nearby. Just means we'll need to keep this short. Haruko was crashing into this thing, and with luck her blazing self had its attention for a moment. Ito leaps, carving a circle in the air with his blade as he comes to land across the creature from her, the armor of his station forming around him in the moments before impact. Then, just as bird meets spider, he'd lunge forward, planting his feet as if receiving a charge, plunging his blade toward the creature.

Alter to 5, activate That Which Shines in the Darkness.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 23, 2019, 07:49:04 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Turn 5, Aranea Zoanthrope
[Now Playing: Enraged Zoanthrope Theme ~Brachydios Battle Theme~]

Maki gets the hell out of dodge, still reeling a little bit from the earlier blows she took, retreating behind Ragnar for the moment to protect herself and catch her breath. As much as she really liked to get up in the face of her enemies, she wasn't exactly made of diamond. The spider would take a moment to go after her, if it wasn't for the fact it was currently focused on the highly irritating thorn in its side that is Hideyuki Ito.

Indeed, the spider continues glaring at Ito, sheer hatred in its many eyes. No more trying to be stealthy about it, no more calmness, no more attempting to relish the hunt; Ito would die, now, and in such a way that it would be simultaneously brutal and practical. No more broken limbs. No more nonsense. No more playing around with the prey. Just end him.

It goes for one final lunge, hoping to take Ito down at the very least, maybe use him to form a distraction. Or maybe just take its tormentor down, like a boar and its hunter.

Or it would work a lot more, if Kiyo didn't smack a bunch of missiles right into it, sending it careening....right into the path of Haruko. And in a contest between flaming bird and burning insect, birds tend to win, every time. Haruko herself doesn't quite take the blow as nicely as she'd like to; contrary to popular belief, it's not well-advised to smash right into giant insects that could rip you to pieces with the slightest twitch, especially when one was on fire, but the spider itself isn't exactly taking it well either, least of all because Yamato just cuts its side open, the fire in his blade cauterising the wound and stopping it from spurting its acidic blood all over him.

The creature stumbles right into Ito.

Or rather, the Golden Knight of Touto, in full armor.

[Now Playing: Armored Ito Theme ~That Person's Name Is~]

His armor forms around him as Ito does much the same thing as he always had; slain the monster. It's not hard. It's not difficult. Let the creature's momentum drive the blade directly into itself.

And that's precisely what happens. The beast trembles, shudders and twitches as Ito's blade impales it, trying to wrench itself off, to lash out at Ito, but the armor is far tougher than his coat, far tougher than everyone else's and it doesn't even scratch the armor at all.

The Zoanthrope shudders, then falls still, slumping to the ground.

The Aranea Zoanthrope has been defeated. However, Lapis perks up, seeming to sniff the air, detecting something. The air seems to lie stagnant. The ground trembles beneath your feet. Something was coming. Spica starts performing some patching up in preparation, healing Haruko up.

Be careful. There is an incoming Zoanthrope. Don't relax yet. The fight isn't over, and whatever THIS Zoanthrope is, it's....powerful.

Nearby, Amelie is running to the fight, as quick as she can, hopping off rooftops and cars to do so. She's not far away, but neither is this thing. Getting ready seems to be the best course of action.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #858 on: January 28, 2019, 06:17:01 pm »

"Yeah! We did it!" Haruko pumped her fist, feeling extra invigorated as the healing magic washed over her once again. "Yamato, wasn't that fun! I still hit it even if you kinda messed with my flight." Her wings beat once, twice, and then on the third she kicked off of the ground, clumsily taking into the air. "I'll burn whatever else is coming up to ashes, just you watch!" She fired off another spray of solar flame into the air as if to illustrate her point, fortunately aimed high enough to avoid any of the scenery.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:31:42 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 28, 2019, 11:33:16 pm »

Ragnar was in the middle cheering until Lapis spoke up. His arms hung in the air for a few seconds as he processed this new information. And then he slowly brought them back down, looking thoroughly displeased with this turn of events despite the helmet. Of course there would be another one. He liked to think he was pretty positive but the last fight hadn't gone very well to begin with...

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 29, 2019, 01:08:15 pm »

Doesn't rain but it pours... alright, let's do this. Ito dismisses his armor, holding it for the climax of the upcoming fight.

"Spica, drop some healing on whomever's the most injured. Round two coming up, we need every edge we can get. In fact, keep the healing up as much as you can, keep us in the fight. Everyone else, get ready for whatever's coming..

Dismiss Armor. Order Spica to heal Yamato and in general to focus on healing, Center.

World Line: [2 4 2 1 4 4 4 1 3 1]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 01:20:27 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 29, 2019, 03:11:14 pm »

"Can't catch a break, huh? These things are a pain..."
Maki keeps up a brave front, but the Zoanthropes had become increasingly more powerful throughout the last week or so. These things weren't letting up.

Spica nods, looking deeply concerned, her eyes scanning the fallen Zoanthrope, who had yet to transform.
"This is getting out of hand, very quickly. Are you sure you know what you're doing?"

Meanwhile, Doctor Matou stares up at Ai, still frantic, still worried.
"L-lapse of memory? W-what are you talking about? We're in my office and you.....wait....where are we? How did I get here? Who are you?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 29, 2019, 03:22:06 pm »

"Oh yeah, that sure was... fun...", Yamato trails off on hearing Lapis' announcement, "Oh, this one is powerful, as opposed to the previous small fry, yeah?"
He winces, gingerly running a hand over a few of the burns he'd accumulated earlier. The landing hadn't done him any favors either. But getting ready was the name of the game, and apparently they were playing for keeps. He glances speculatively at Haruko, then down at his sword, then back at Haruko.
"Hey, Sun Crow. How much gas in the tank do you have to spare?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 03:26:03 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #863 on: January 29, 2019, 03:37:52 pm »

"Eh? I have INFINITE COSMIC POWER! In an itty bitty space, but still." She rose into the air a bit further, a warm updraft washing over the area. Haruko casually held one hand with palm up, an orb of plasma already gathering in it. "Why, do you need a demonstration?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 29, 2019, 03:56:58 pm »

"Something like that."
A third time in one day. Well, that was just the way things were sometimes, right? Houses and storms. One problem at a time. He raises his sword, then nods at Haruko.
"Now, listen carefully, yeah? I'm going to need you to shoot a pretty big blast at me. Can you do that?"

Ready All Things Can Be Cut just in case Haruko gets overeager, Alteration to 4.
 [2 4 1 1 6 5 1 3 [4] 6]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:05:49 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #865 on: January 29, 2019, 04:02:52 pm »

"Alright! Watch this!" Gaining just a bit more height, Haruko raised her hand over her head. The orb ballooned in size, and then flew at Yamato as Haruko's arm swung downward.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 29, 2019, 04:06:17 pm »

Amelie picked precisely this moment to arrive. She looked at the orb, then at Yamato, then at Haruko. "I thought we said you were only supposed to throw those at enemies, not random people!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 29, 2019, 10:42:26 pm »

Ragnar decided that heading over to Amelie was more likely to not get him fried on an atomic level, and so went over to explain. "Apparently he has a plan that requires this... Haruko doesn't miss often does she?" The insect warrior couldn't keep a worried tone out of his voice at that last part.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:20 pm »

"Roger. I'll maintain position." Given that she's currently configured for long-distance combat, Kiyo simply shoots up into the air to have a clean shot on the monster whenever and wherever it appears. Unlike everyone else she has nothing to do to prepare.

Fly up high and prepare to fire on the Zoanthrope when it arrives.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: February 01, 2019, 12:11:15 pm »

"Stay calm, Doctor Matou, you are perfectly safe. I am Kamijou Ai. Are you unharmed?"

Ai slowly holds out a hand to help the doctor up.

"There's a lot I could explain but let's make sure you're alright first."

The irony of having to indirectly tell a doctor they're in shock.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 65