Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43976 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #840 on: November 23, 2018, 06:37:03 pm »

Seeing the Zoanthropes focus, Ragnar silently cursed. He couldn't guard two targets at once... Unless.... He takes off running, leaping at the end to land in front of Maki. And then from where he was on the ground, a second Ragnar takes off with a leap to land in front of Kiyo. In unison the two Ragnars raise their shields, guarding the women. As one, the two Ragnars speak out loud, "Decentralization complete, Hive 2 is Combat ready!"

Spend one will to activate Hive Establishment Protocol: Decentralization. And then Alter to 5 and Guard Maki and Kiyo.
World Line: [3 1 4 4 3 5 6 2 2 5]

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 23, 2018, 06:53:09 pm »

Yamato opens his mouth in reply as he wildly flails through the air, and then he too lets out a startled gasp, followed by a cough. No amount of training had prepared him for hanging loosely from the roof of a car, which is about all he could come up with as a comparison.

After a moment, he actually responds.
"I wasn't trying to-! You shoved your wing in my face! Why?!"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 23, 2018, 07:46:18 pm »

Kiyo zigs and zags away from the Zoanthrope, blasting it with her plasma rifle all the while!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 24, 2018, 02:43:52 pm »

ptw since I forgot to ever do that
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #844 on: November 24, 2018, 02:44:45 pm »

The trajectory the unlikely pair was taking through the air was already starting to curve dangerously sideways and downward, Haruko listing due to the uneven weight. "Ehh? But you just randomly grabbed my wing, I didn't shove it in your face." She tried to course-correct, but found that it was going to be impossible with Yamato where he was at. "You need to let go of my wing! Here. She reached back, scrabbling about before managing to snatch a handful of her passenger. She pulled him about using her currently-enhanced strength, grabbed him with her other arm for a better grip, and then hugged him close so she could stabilize, shoving his face directly into her rather cushioned chest as she flew.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 24, 2018, 02:54:37 pm »

With Haruko flying off, Amelie was left... mostly alone in the air. She dropped towards the smoking body of the zoanthrope - would it be one of the ones that had a person inside? Or something else? She didn't touch it, but looked closely.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 24, 2018, 03:25:41 pm »

"You and I remember things very differ-! Hey what are you doin-! Murphle."
Dangerous. Sun Crow's earlier murder attempt had failed, and so she had resorted to finishing him off like this. It would be the perfect crime. Any potential witnesses were either fighting Zoanthropes, guarding them or fleeing. He would congratulate her on the deviousness of this if Yamato didn't realize he was just trying to distract himself from how inappropriate this was and also that he was being suffocated. Trying to get out was useless - she was too strong and he only had the one hand free, and after a few seconds of pushing, Yamato realized even if he did get out that would just mean falling to the street and getting turned into an omelette by a goddamn bird.

With a muffled sigh, Yamato resigns himself to his fate and holds on for dear life.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:30:44 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 24, 2018, 03:35:03 pm »

With Haruko flying off, Amelie was left... mostly alone in the air. She dropped towards the smoking body of the zoanthrope - would it be one of the ones that had a person inside? Or something else? She didn't touch it, but looked closely.
As the body continues to smoke, it begins to steam lightly. Then a massive plume of steam, smelling unpleasantly of burning fat and flesh emerges out from the fallen Zoanthrope's body, leaving nothing behind.....except what looks like a doctor from the hospital, with a burned coat; he looks important to Amelie, like a high-up official from the hospital. He looks middle-aged, messed-up hair, five-o'clock shadow, creased forehead, all the signs of stress. Should Ai be looking on, she might recognise him from her earlier look around the hosptial.

This was the administrator from earlier, Doctor Matou.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:36:51 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 25, 2018, 08:59:07 am »

Ai came down from the roof, stepping out of the smoking debris like the goddamned terminator. All things considered she looked strangely... solid. Yeah, her clothes were covered in ash and burnes and she had soot stains and a red tinge to her skin but didn't appear to actually be wounded.

"The plot thickens." she observed, stepping closer to Amelie and the administrator. "That's the hospital administrator, Matou. He was in a heated conversation with the eden foundations head earlier." She stood quiet for a moment, eyeing the man. Then looked up to Amelie. "Well? Go on. I've got him. Might as well lend the others a hand."

Matou gets the -sensei suffix usually afforded to doctors and professors or other academic elite.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 27, 2018, 06:42:27 pm »

As Amelie and Ai approach Doctor Matou, his breathing seems to cease for a moment.

Then his eyes fly open as he gasps for air loudly, his breathing rapid, then settling into a panicked rhythm as he continues lying on the ground, his arms and legs spread wide as if trying to move away.
"D-don't touch me! Get away! Security!"

It doesn't seem he's directing this at either of you, as he does not seem quite aware of his current condition, or where he is at the present movement. Indeed, it seems as if he still believes he's at the hospital.

Turn 4, Aranea Zoanthrope
[Now Playing: ~Pray Me Revive~]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Several things happen, extremely quickly, in the next few seconds.

The spider charges at Maki and Kiyo. From the way its charges, the glint in its eyes, this isn't an animal, like the others; this thing can think. It can feel. What it feels right now is hatred, hatred for being so badly beaten, hatred for being cornered, but most of all, the kind of hatred a serial killer feels when his prey is taken from him, his lies exposed and the prospect of capture at hand. No, he doesn't just want to fight off his attackers, he wants to prey on you. Kiyo can get away, Kiyo can still move, plasma shots raining from her weapons (but hardly enough to hold it back, but Maki is still there, her body still wracked with pain from earlier. She'd over-extended, she'd overdone it now; landing that many blows on the creature had taken a toll on her body, as supernaturally powered as it was, and she needed a moment to breathe, but it wasn't going to be fast enough to get out of the way.

Ragnar, Ito, you two aren't fast enough. Maki gets lunged into by the creature, the talons smashing into her hard and smashing her into a nearby car, Maki yelping in pain as the blows land on her, her shields unable to keep up against the barrage of stabs.

Ragnar gets there first, however. Or rather, one of him.

One Ragnar smashes the spider away from Maki, shield raised, while the other crouches in front of Kiyo, acting as cover for her to be firing onto the Zoanthrope. The constructs making up the second Ragnar finish stabilising as he takes his place, both of them protecting Kiyo and Maki as the latter pulls herself to her feet. Indeed, Ragnar's appearance is fortitious, because it catches the thing off guard, sending it stumbling back right into Ito's range.

A single smash to one of its legs sends it sprawling, as Ito bats his blade into its leg, the crunching noise telling Ito he's broken something. Soulmetal was tough, heavy; most non-Makai Knights couldn't even carry it, and this spider was no exception. Again, his sword smashes into its leg, breaking it further. The beast lashes out at Ito, but he manages to swerve aside to dodge it, receiving only a small cut on his hand for his troubles. One more smash sends the thing onto its knees.

[Now Playing: Enraged Zoanthrope Theme ~Brachydios Battle Theme~]
But it is not done yet. With four of its arms, it stops Ito's next strike dead in its tracks, yanking itself up slowly, its leg beginning to set back in place as if Ito's efforts had never wounded it. A hateful glare in all of its eyes as they regrow, you know this should be impossible; no normal human could normally lift or counter Soulmetal so easily.

But then this wasn't a normal human. Nor was it a Horror.

But you could break it. No, you need to retreat; whatever it has planned, you know it's for you, to break your body as hard as you've tried to break it.

The sounds of screaming and the distinct smell of burning soars overhead, as Sato and Haruko fly- well, more crash- into the fight. Perhaps you could use this to your advantage.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:45:03 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 27, 2018, 07:59:27 pm »

"...You know, the other me would probably be waaaay better at dealing with this... I'm going to go and see if the others need anyone patched up, or if they need someone to give a solid kick to their zoanthrope. Be back soon!" Amelie said, and then she stepped back from the man and took off towards the other fight.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 27, 2018, 08:07:18 pm »

Kiyo equips her GDC-02 Module and flies away, firing her missiles at the Aranea Zoanthrope in the process. Their high manoeuvrability lets them swoop around to strike at her target despite her high speed.

World Line: [6 3 1 2 2 5 2 1 4 3]

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #852 on: December 02, 2018, 02:38:21 pm »

Somewhat unfortunately for both, Haruko was quickly finding that she still couldn't quite adjust to the weight. Or she was just a clumsy flier and still off course from having one weighed down. Either way, the end result was that a ball of crow girl and beleaguered teenage swordsman wreathed in fire was rapidly careening directly towards the Zoanthrope.

Alter to 6.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:47 am »

Ai, meanwhile, stuck with the doctor. Someone had to. She stepped closer, but only to make sure he could see her, and otherwise made sure not to make any threatening movements.

"There's no need to panic, doctor. You're in no danger." she assured, dropping into a half-seated position -- folding her legs and balancing on her toes -- to get closer to the downed mans level. "Take a moment to look around, doctor. I think you've a lapse of memory."
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: December 09, 2018, 05:38:43 pm »

Ragnar keeps up his defensive positioning for now.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 65