Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43986 times)

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #810 on: October 14, 2018, 04:19:03 pm »

"Please get down, Sato."

I Am Your Opponent Trigger
Seeking Whom She May Devour Trigger

Ai remains where she is, watching the Zoanthrope swoop in and then attempt an escape, turning at the waist to keep her eyes on the enemy. Then she strikes with a sudden blurr of motion. Her right arm whipping out in a slap-dash motion as if flicking something or giving the air a half-arsed slap in the Zoanthropes direction.

Alteration

[1 2 2 {4} 3 4 3 4 6 1]

Expend 1 willpower for a new world line.

As before yamato is 'Sato-Dono'
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #811 on: October 14, 2018, 04:39:31 pm »

Haruko responded to Ai's request by wreathing herself in plasma, lines of glowing energy tracing themselves around her as if she had a personal magnetic field. (Maybe she did?) She tilted forward, stretching her wings out and beginning to move right toward the oncoming Zoanthrope. "I don't have to avoid anything if it flies right at me!" It might be a dragon, but she was the sun itself, and she wasn't about to move in response to some angry lizard! A jet of plasma blasted out behind her, shoving her headfirst at the Zoanthrope, wreathed in atomic fire.

Alteration to 5.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 14, 2018, 04:47:09 pm »

As much as Kiyo enjoys seeing the Eden soldiers in deep trouble, she knows that she cannot just leave them to the mercy of the spider Zoanthrope. Especially not when she can show them up by swooping in to save the day.

"Don't worry! Akaiheiya Kiyo is here!" she exclaims using her internal loudspeakers, loud enough for everyone nearby to hear. The MRG project can handle this. Flee to safety when you have the chance. I will deal with this creature. A Zoanthrope is nothing compared to me! "

Kiyo swoops in and peppers the spider Zoanthrope with shots from her plasma rifle, trying to get its attention away from the hapless mooks.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 14, 2018, 04:58:00 pm »

Ito dashes forward, intending to place himself between the Zoanthrope and the civilians, or at least what he considers civilians since they are obviously hellishly out of their depth.

"You four, try to fall back and collect your fellows. We have a healer incoming who should at least be able to stabilize them. Leave this to us. Maki, Hit that thing hard, but try not to break its skin, remember the caustic blood. Everyone else, try to stick to ranged engagement and harrying to limit exposure and be ready to cut free anyone that gets stuck."

He'd likely ask Lapis to relay the instructions he'd given to the others as well, since he himself doesn't have a way to ensure they can hear him... best to resolve that somehow, likely. Then he'd settle into a defensive posture, preparing to defend himself if necessary while observing his opponent.

Alteration to 4, Center.
World Line: [1 4 3 3 3 2 4 [3] 2 {4}]
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 14, 2018, 05:41:50 pm »

Ragnar wasn't about to wait around while people that clearly out of their depth were getting charged by an arachnid. Damn arachnids, thinking they're so cool just because they have fangs and eight legs. You know what that says to him? It says that they're over compensating for lacking other areas! Like knowledge of physics, which he was about to prove right now as he makes a great leap into the path of the zoanthrope. He plants his legs firmly to the ground, bracing for the impact as he holds his spear out to let the spider impale itself by the force of it's own momentum. Or it could stop he supposed, but anything that stops the arachnid from bowling into the poor ineffective schmucks would work for him.
Jump front of the Aranea and brace for spearing.
World Line: [(5) 6 1 5 3 1 4 4 3 5]

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 15, 2018, 02:54:52 am »

"Alright. I'll try to keep it off balance, best as I can, keep it trying to find footing. I don't think it'll melt my barriers, but I'll keep that in mind."
Maki runs forwards, her armored fists already sparking with electricity. She had a plan in mind as to how she could get that spider thing away from everyone. it wasn't complex; not that she couldn't come up with one, but she wasn't Ito and in any case, Maki could do only one thing, punch hard.

But when you only had a hammer, everything looked like a nail. Of course, the entire metaphor fell apart when she planned to punch the thing into the air.
Rising Voltaic Charge the Zoanthrope and punch it into the air, using the second charge to hurl it backwards.
[[5] 2 2 5 3 [4] 6 4 5 5]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:56:37 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 17, 2018, 06:25:55 am »

Amelie, who had (obviously) changed to her magical form, made a small noise of frustration. "Mmmgh... get out of the way!" she said.

Rather than slow down, she kept going - she had momentum from her travel here, so why kill it? She would be trying to blast through the groups to the others, or failing that at least land a rather damaging attack on the smaller creatures.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 17, 2018, 09:54:43 am »

Turn 1, Aranea Zoanthrope
Zoanthrope Engaged
[Now Playing: ~Pray Me Revive~]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Ito falls back for the moment, taking charge and focusing himself, steeling his mind for the task at hand. Maki, Ragnar and the others had this handled, at least for the moment; civilians though they were, they were far more useful than the idiots doing less damage to it with their guns than the tiny blonde girl was about to do to it with her fist. The soldiers, for their part, take their warning and go, using the distraction of the newcomers to collect their comrades, barking out orders for reinforcements.

Ragnar positions himself between the escaping soldiers and the Zoanthrope, spear out like a hunter waiting for its prey to spear itself on it through sheer momentum, like a boar impaled on a spear struggling to get up against the crossguard.

Except boars aren't exactly possibly intelligent half-magical abominations that were most likely factory-made. And the spider was a lot faster and a lot more agile than a normal animal. And, regeneration aside, you're not much tougher than a normal human.

As with all situations, there's good news and bad news about yours.

Good news, it's going a little too quick to completely avoid your spear, and Ragnar manages to skewer its shoulder, tearing a fairly big hole in its right side. Bad news, the Zoanthrope managed to lash out two of its talons into your gut, knocking the wind out of you and throwing you back. And caustic blood is currently splattered all over your body, melting through your skin like they were butter on a hot skillet.

Even better news for you, however, Maki is right behind you.

Before it can wrench itself off Ragnar's spear, Kamen Rider Volt swoops past like a red and silver blur. Maki's fist smashes it in the gut, electricity sparking off of it. The Zoanthrope is thrown off of Ragnar's spear by the sheer force, not that it can really do anything as Maki sends it flying, boosting into the air in pursuit before landing another punch on the creature, smashing it into the hospital wall hard enough. A few cracking sounds can be heard as the Zoanthrope slides to the ground, limbs bent unnaturally but already setting up in shape. Two plasma shots blast it in the side as Kiyo shoots at it, the Zoanthrope's eyes flickering towards her quickly. A red aura surrounds it, as it leaps towards her, pouncing past the recovering Maki, claws ready to lash out and ruin Kiyo's day for her.

Just in time for Spica to round the corner, Lapis in tow.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Allies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 02:34:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 17, 2018, 06:12:21 pm »

Kiyo continues firing at the Zoanthrope, using her exceptional manoeuvrability to abruptly swerve the other way and avoid its attacks.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 19, 2018, 04:21:21 pm »

Yamato groaned in pain, and in a fit of irritation, considered if taking a limb off would be so bad after all.

But no. The Zoanthrope was a person, and it was only a momentary annoyance, though the pain certainly wasn't. Hanging back comes to mind, too, but... This wasn't the whale. He wasn't so overwhelmingly outmatched that one good blow would take him out.

He ducks when Ai calls out, but keeping his eyes on the fight, Haruko colliding into the bat-dragon all fiery and explodey like she was... Yeah. It looked like he'd have to Cut the aftermath, to keep the buildings around if nothing else. So he prepares to do just that. Hopefully, he'll be able to stab the Zoanthrope afterwards too.

All Things Can Be Cut.

[6 2 4 4 3 2 3 5 2 3]
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 20, 2018, 01:47:06 am »

"Ow... Ow... Ow! Give me a second, this really burns."
Ragnar had forgotten about the acid blood thing. That was really annoying, as someone who's weapon makes holes in things. Quite annoying. That said, he was sure everyone could do without him for a little bit as he limped away from the fight some more. He took a knee and if someone were watching, they'd start to see his suit move... and then it started to resemble his own flesh, but in the form of millions of tiny writing insects. It took a few moments before finally he had his holes patched and beginning to be unholified, but for that time his armor would be much less useful. Still, beats bleeding and corroding.
Activate Regeneration Protocols.
World Line: [6 1 (5) 3 1 4 4 3 5 6]
Alterations: 2

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 21, 2018, 12:49:34 am »

Ito Centers, continuing to watch the spider, getting a feel for its movements.

"Spica, assist the civilians with their injured. They likely require immediate attention. We will hold for now."

World Line: [1 4 3 3 3 2 4 2 1 5]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:52:58 am by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 21, 2018, 03:48:57 pm »

Turn 3, Draco Zoanthrope Group
[Now Playing: ~The cyborg fights~]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
A lot of things happen in the next couple of seconds.

Firstly, Ai's magic kicks in at this particular moment. The Zoanthrope is redirected towards Ai instead through sheer force of will, Ai's imposing aura forcing it away from its course towards Haruko. With a wave of her hand, she casually smashes a blast of sheer force into it through the air, attempting to pancake it in mid-air like a fly with a flyswatter. Excellent idea. Of course, in practice, now Ai has a dragon-bat creature flying towards her instead of towards Haruko.

Secondly, Haruko coats herself in fire, moving towards the Zoanthrope. Had Ai not moved it out of the way, Haruko would've collided head-on with the beast, possibly causing far more damage to both of them as you both learned what exactly happens when you attempt to put out a fire with a bigger fire. As it is, Haruko clips its wing hard, the force jarring Haruko but causing a loud screech from the beast as its right wing is seared with the fiery blazes of the sun.

And then this is where it all goes wrong.

The Zoanthrope, at that particular moment, was less a plane on fire crashing into Haruko and more of a self-guided missile with a payload to deliver; an extremely volatile missile with a very explosive payload. And Ai's just redirected it towards herself, Yamato, and Amelie, and away from the fiery bird with her powers.

And then Haruko lit the fuse.

A surge of blazing flames fills the area, and you all take a faceful of explosion. Haruko and Yamato, as the closest to the explosion, are both thrown back by the force, though Haruko remains in the air and Yamato managed to absorb some of it by cutting it. Still, you're both feeling as if you've seen double. It actually manages to blast Ai back a fair bit, the roof she's standing on scorched around her. She's still standing, but the clothes she's wearing have seen better days by now, and getting soot everywhere in your clothes is a pain that isn't exactly covered by your magic. As for Amelie, she was standing the farthest back from the blast, and only takes a mild hit, not that she has nothing to worry about as the bats; your momentum carries you through one swarm, only to take quite a few slashes and burns as the miniature bat-dragon creatures focus on mucking up your day and their brethren surround you.

The bat isn't faring too well, of course; between Ai slapping it, Haruko burning it and the force of the explosion, it's barely in the air at this point. Still, considering what happened with all the other Zoanthropes whenever you hurt them bad enough, it isn't quite time to call it a day yet. Indeed, it has its eyes on Haruko, a sitting duck in the air at this particular moment, preparing once more for another attack on her.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #823 on: October 22, 2018, 03:28:22 pm »

Haruko tumbled through the air for a few moments, slowly losing altitude as she frantically flapped her wings to stay aloft. She eventually righted herself by venting what remained of current shield of plasma downward; the thrust and resulting updraft provided enough lift to stabilize, at least. The solar crow saw the Zoanthrope, saw it preparing to attack. . . and grinned. It wasn't stronger than her, she was the sun!

She placed her arm before her, the orange device glowing with an inner light. A ball of plasma formed on the end and swelled, the force of Haruko's power too great for the control rod to fully contained. A shockwave rippled outward, and a bar of solid white lanced outward, straight at the Zoanthrope.

BEAM CLASH! Or something. Alter to 6.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 28, 2018, 04:09:38 am »

Ai had barely moved a muscle as she slide backwards across the roof. Her purchase against it hadn't been enough to pit her strength against the explosions shockwave (Super strength isn't always enough if you can't use it without breaking the floor, kids!) which means she ended up in a sort of glide like a solid figurine moved backwards on a treadmil.

And then the soot and dust exploded off of her in a cloud with a sharp exhale and a barely noticabe flexing motion. "Well. So much for that." Apparently there was no avoiding collateral damage with Haruko around.

Ai shifted her weight a little. From the confident posture to something barely different; the wide stance of a opera singer. Hands in fists in front of her midriff.
"All private citizens, be advised! The hospital and it's vicinity is under Zoanthrope threat. Please proceed according to your pre-determined emergency evacuation measures. Do not under any circumstances traverse the major streets. Thank you!"

Who needed megaphones or police helicopters when Ai Kamijou was around?

[2 5 6 6 1 5 5 6 3 1]
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65