Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43995 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #765 on: August 23, 2018, 04:58:58 pm »

Ragnar....gets absolutely no response from the orb whatsoever upon doing projecting his constructs on it. The silence is almost deafening. Whatever information the orb contains, it's not so easily retrieved, at least not this way.

At that particular moment, Maki runs up to the table the group is at, breathing heavily, having run all the way from the hospital. She looks up at the group, looking around before settling at the orb.
"Sorry I'm late. I had to distract a friend who kinda showed up at an inconvenient time- what's that you're looking at? Did you guys find anything else or is that it? Can you guys try not to be so obvious about this magic stuff, too? People will be all over us, and they already are when we're fighting the Zoanthropes, I don't want them all over us when I want to take a nap at home....."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 23, 2018, 06:03:13 pm »

Ragnar sets the orb down and scratches the back of his head. Well that was a bust.
"... Sorry, it seemed important and it looked like I could help with it so I got over excited..."
Ragnar looks shamed.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 30, 2018, 04:05:59 pm »

At that particular moment in time, Spica arrives with Lapis in tow. She does not look happy at all, and Lapis stays noticeably silent around her.
"Sorry that I've got nothing but bad news. The girl with me hasn't woken up yet. Her condition's stable, but she's not woken up at all. Given what Lapis told me, taking her to the hospital might not be the best idea either, especially given that Zoanthropes might be attacking hospitals now too. I'm hoping the girl with you people's fine, right?"

She doesn't wait for you to respond, a grim expression on her face.
"Anyway, I've got even worse news. Supposedly, while we were dealing with the Zoanthropes here in Touto, a few contacts of mine saw a giant snake in Hokuto around the same time, out in the rural parts where they haven't built up much yet. They can't confirm if the thing is a Zoanthrope, and none of the news outlets have picked up on it somehow, but if it is, we've got three big Zoanthropes in the area and we're still not much closer to figuring out where they're coming from."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 30, 2018, 04:15:09 pm »

Ragnar sets down the orb and nods at Spica. He thinks for a moment before frowning.
"That's the one I was talking about most likely. Hm... That combined with the tunnels... Okay, this may sound crazy but what if the Zoanthropes are coming from the hospital? Or nearby?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 04, 2018, 02:22:29 pm »

"That's probably as close to confirmation as we're getting, Raggy. Unless anyone else wants to take a stab at this-", Yamato grabs the orb as he says this, "-I'm thinking we quit wasting daylight here, yeah?"
Yamato pushes his chair out, and stands up.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 02:24:11 pm by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #770 on: September 04, 2018, 02:35:03 pm »

"What about the weird robot parts they leave behind? We could find out where they buy those. Unless they just magically appear on the Zoanthropes, I guess."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 05, 2018, 03:14:26 am »

"Well, the problem with that Haruko is that they likely make anything more complicated than bulk parts in house, assuming they're human made. And since that would still be easy to track they'd likely send it through a bunch of shell companies that exist to make it harder of people to track where the money is coming from and where the parts are going. At least that's what I'd do if I didn't want people to find out about what my organization is doing."
Ragnar shrugs before standing. He looks almost confident but he kind of cringes before speaking.
"But yes, let's go before the Zoanthrope gets away."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 05, 2018, 03:16:30 am »

"Wait. Did you guys actually find anything at the hospital?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 06, 2018, 12:20:33 am »

Ito was thinking, primarily just looking like he's brooding instead of actually contributing.

"Information. Crystal ball. Some tunnels under the hospital that apparently are being used by a snake zoanthrope or something similar to get around. Wasn't able to explore much before I had to leave."

He shakes his head.

"Either we move in or back off and return later. How do you all want to play this?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 06, 2018, 06:59:38 am »

"We are going in as soon as everyone is ready. That's why we met here. To prepare and discuss what we need to do. The longer we leave it the more likely that something would happen, like the snake attacking or the people behind this noticing our attention and removing important evidence."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 06, 2018, 07:48:18 am »

Ai, direct as ever, stood up and stretched her arms over her head like a volley-ball player. Fingers knitted togather. "Well then, everyone. It appears we've tunnels to explore."
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #776 on: September 06, 2018, 09:14:17 am »

"What about the mole people? Some guy said there were mole people over there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 06, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »

Ragnar raises his hand a little.
"Uh... shouldn't we go deal with the snake first?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 06, 2018, 12:59:03 pm »

"Wait. Did you guys find out anything at all about the girls getting turned into Zoanthropes? And mole people, seriously?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 06, 2018, 01:19:57 pm »

"Nothing direct, other than that there's some strange things happening at the hospital as well, and that these tunnels bear exploring to see if we can find any more information. also, I doubt that mole people are there, I've only ever heard of them from untrustworthy people and never actually heard of a confirmed sighting. Could be some sort of mole-themed enemy."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 65