Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44007 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #720 on: July 23, 2018, 02:33:54 pm »

"Hey!" Haruko immediately started to run after the bush(?), arms stretched out towards it as if she was going to grab it immediately. "Come back!" she hollered after it, though admittedly she didn't actually know what she was going to do when and if she actually caught up to it, or if it listened. She was just sure it had something to do with the stuff they were investigating.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 23, 2018, 04:49:18 pm »

Kiyo has nothing to say to the boy since she has no idea who he is or why Ai would be interested in him, but she still smiles politely at him as she stands by his side. A nice, friendly distance away. Snatching distance, if he tried to run.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 01, 2018, 01:40:16 pm »

"Well, before you leave, could you ask the rest on how their investigatin' is going? Meeting up again's a good idea, but I'd rather not interrupt anything, even by accident... Try not to be too sudden though, I guess. If you startle them or something, it'll be the same result either way."
Yamato's voice drops down in volume somewhat. Now that he thought about it, their conversation would probably seem really disjointed to anyone who wasn't privy to Lapis.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 01, 2018, 03:14:18 pm »

Amelie had no idea how to respond for a few moments, but started sprinting after Haruko after the girl took off. "H-Hey, we just want to talk!" she called - she wasn't sure why, it sort of just seemed appropriate.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 03, 2018, 07:44:56 am »

Ai and Kiyo
The boy seems more focused on Ai than Kiyo, still clearly rather worried and concerned. Almost as if he knows Ai.

Which, as Ai should know, is weird, because she's never met this guy before.

"V-visiting? Huh? W-what did I do to get the Angel-Faced D-Demon of Touto on my trail!? I s-swear, I didn't do anything wrong!"

Well. At least he called you "angel-faced".

Ragnar
As you leave, the man who herded out the soldiers earlier stalks back towards him, cursing under his breath. He gives Ragnar one look, but sighs, before walking in, his tone of voice immediately lightening to soft concern for the occupant of the room.

And now you're left with the choice of continuing the investigation or meeting back up with everyone to figure out what you found.

Ito
The door is a solid iron door, slightly rusty, made of several iron panels bolted into a frame. There are two strong hinges, one about hip height and one about eye height, made of the same iron. The only security feature visible to you is the rusted iron padlock holding the latch closed.

As far as you can tell without touching it, the door's an ordinary, old iron door. You sense a strange magic coming off of it, however.

Haruko and Amelie
The bush seems to turn around as they run from the girls, and you can clearly the flash of a pair of binoculars poke out-

And then the bush trips over a discarded ramune bottle, sending the man within it spilling across the sidewalk.

As Amelie and Haruko approach the fallen man, they notice a few things.

Firstly, his clothes are dishevelled, almost rags; a faded dusty red shirt and dusty khakis. His face is obscured by what you can only describe as a large bush of black beard and raggedy hair. Aside from the binoculars, with broken lenses from the fall, in his hands, you also notice a pair of small fluffy dice, what looks like a pair of small keychains in the shape of Haruko's winged form and Kamen Rider Volt, and what looks like a small panel of wood attached to a string, all of which are attached to a leather belt around his waist.

Sato
Will do. You might want to take the orb with you, too. Maybe that Ito guy can figure out what to do with it.

All
We should reconvene soon, everyone, figure out what we learned. Sato and I found something odd here. Did you guys find anything?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 03, 2018, 08:55:55 am »

"...Oh, it's just a normal guy." Amelie said as she caught up with the fallen man. She saw the memorabilia of her friends (...And none of her. That's fine. That's fine.) "Um, sorry for chasing you, but why were you watching us?" she asks, extending a hand to help the man up.

Thought something was off, but it was just a weird guy... she responds in her head.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 03, 2018, 11:42:01 am »

Ragnar looks around a bit as he straightens out his suit. Then with a nod to the orderly he heads for the elevator to wait in the lobby. He's probably done with his investigation now. In response to the mental voice he spends a few minutes just mentally projecting hellos until he gets a response telling him that he could be heard. Then he gets into the actual meat of what he wants to say.
Yeah, First could you tell Ito to check his phone? I'm pretty sure he's in a tunnel system with a giant snake and he never responded... I'll talk more about the snake when we reconvene.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 03, 2018, 08:05:25 pm »

Ito reaches into his coat, producing a couple of tags, basically oversized, magical post-it-notes, that he slaps on either side of the door, something of a trap for anyone heading out this way. If someone passed, he'd know it. Then he turns, climbing back up the ladder and producing his phone again, firing off a quick [k] to Ragnar before switching over to the group chat.

Quote from: Ito to: ALL
Found a PoE, tunnels under the building. Secure door, but nothing that can't be popped. Tunnels look too small for most Zoanthropes we've fought, but might get wider further in, or Serpens may just be thinner than most. I've tagged the entrance and will know if anyone enters or exits. I assume Ragnar's briefed you all on what he found out?

Door is Obviously magical, and not the normal kind, didn't have time to go into it thoroughly.

Any leads on your all's end?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 08:12:06 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 04, 2018, 10:14:28 am »

Ai was indeterrible. But then you hadn't expected anything else, did you? Completely unphased by any denials or only vaguely related information the kid threw her way. "Come here every day, obviously. I just told you. You've been here daily since the zoanthrope attacks began. How come?" She answered the question and re-affirmed her own in the same relaxed yet old-fashionedly curteous attitude.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 04, 2018, 02:01:51 pm »

Kiyo's phone casually teleports into her hands as she checks her text.

Quote from: Kiyo to All
No leads on my part but I don't know about everyone else's. Glad to hear that someone found something at least. Where should we meet up before searching the tunnels? Are we certain that they only have one entrance or exit?

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #730 on: August 06, 2018, 12:23:55 pm »

Haruko seemed disappointed as Amelie announced that it was, in fact, not a sentient bush of some variety. "And why were you pretending to be a bush?" The man's keychain piqued her curiosity, though. She nudged Amelie and pointed at it. "Hey, that kinda looks like me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 06, 2018, 04:03:47 pm »

Yamato flips his phone open. Looks like the risk of screwing someone's lead up wasn't, if Ragnar's response time was anything to go on. Goldie got to the point real fast too.

Quote from: Yamato to All
Well its great that things went so well for you
I got a weird glowing orb on my end
Where we meetin up

Damn, though. A giant snake? Hopefully not as bad as that one millipede, at least.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:42:43 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 06, 2018, 04:34:04 pm »

Quote from: Kiyo to All
A weird glowing orb? How did you get it? What does it do?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 06, 2018, 05:20:24 pm »

Ai and Kiyo
The guy pauses his panic for a second. He stares at Ai for a moment, as if not quite understanding. For him, it would be akin to a wolf asking him about the weather in Kamogawa while taking a pause in mauling him.
".....you want to know why I'd be visiting a hospital? U-uh....okay?

A-a friend of mine got moved here recently, a-around the same time the Zoanthropes started attacking. Y-you can even ask for her! H-her name's Haru Arima, room 23, first floor nowpleasedonthurtme!"

Ito
The door feels unnaturally solid to you as you lay traps on it. Still, it doesn't react to you touching it specifically, nor does it react as you leave the traps on it.

Haruko and Amelie
The man groans as he looks up through his bush of a head at the two girls. He gingerly takes Amelie's hand, pulling himself up. He seems to be a tall man, of decent physique for a man who seems to be homeless.

He grumbles, looking down at them, scratching his beard and absentmindedly flipping the panel of wood away from them.
".....you don't look like the mole people."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 06, 2018, 05:33:09 pm »

Quote from: Yamato to All
In order just kinda lying around and I haven’t a clue
Probably magic though Agatha said so before she left
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:42:56 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 65