Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44006 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2018, 11:09:13 am »

Ito frowns, kneeling down next to the hatch and pulling out his phone, firing off a short message to the others stating he'd found an entrance and tagging the location of it before reaching down to check the hatch for any traps or triggers before opening it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 04, 2018, 01:25:27 pm »

"Well, I was hoping you could check something. It's just, does the hospital feel kinda fuzzy to you?"
Yamato waves a hand vaguely in the hospital's direction as he says this.
"It feels... off."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2018, 01:44:48 pm »

Ai and Kiyo
Ai makes her way to the entrance of the hospital, leaving behind the gossiping soldiers- who she's now confidently sure aren't robots but probably some new recruits, given the Foundation's streched resources- to follow up the lead on the mystery boy or the homeless man.

As she exits the door, she spies a boy in a school uniform heading towards the hospital entrance, looking around, as if trying to look for something. His eyes fall on Ai as he looks back forward. You already know the expression his face changes to, you've seen it plenty of times; he's intimidated.

And then Kiyo shows up, chatting to you, as she catches up from behind. The kid slowly, but deliberately, starts backing away, visible to both of you. Do you give chase and stop him or let him leave?

Ragnar
Haru blinks, clearly trying to concentrate on what she could remember.
"I....I can't remember too much.....it was really late, a-and so it might have been a dream, or something. I-if you still want to know, it....I saw it yesterday night. I-it was in the corridor, outside, where you came from. I....I don't think I moved- I can't remember, like I said. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I saw a giant snake.....thing, in here.

I told the nurses, but they wouldn't believe me. They said there's no way a Zoanthrope could e-ever fit in here....."

Ito
No traps, no triggers. You're able to easily open the hatch, even given its weight; a hatch designed to be opened by the average maintenance man isn't anything for a Makai Knight. You find a ladder of rusty iron bars leading down into a dimly lit chamber below, too dim to make out anything except the gentle flickering of a lightbulb.

Maki, Haruko and Amelie
"Great. You two keep looking, meet up, tell us what you find later!"
Maki heads over to Naomi to lead her away from the investigation, leading her away from any suspicious activity the others might be participating in, as she heads into the hospital. As for you two, you feel as if someone is watching you-

Nope, someone is definitely watching you. You spy a pair of eyes, watching you from a bush near the edge of the car park. You don't remember when they got there, but their eyes are definitely on both of you.

This might be a time to look into it.

Sato and Agatha
Up to you two. And....now that you mention it, the hospital IS pretty fuzzy. I can't tell what's going on in it, almost like something's blocking our view. Though you already knew that. Think someone else already found out why?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2018, 01:58:49 pm »

Ragnar nods. Gods, a giant snake zoanthrope and it probably was in the hospital with him... Suddenly his phone vibrates. He smiles apologetically and checks it. He fires a message back, warning the knight about the snake that may or may not be in there before turning back to Haru. He gives her a smile before checking the door.
"Well, thank you for your time but I better be gone before your guard shows up... Actually, as a closing question, how long have you had someone keeping people out of your room?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2018, 04:31:14 pm »

Haruko pointed at the aforementioned eyes, before turning her head to Amelie. "That's kinda weird, is there some creeper in the bushes over there?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 06, 2018, 12:09:06 pm »

Oh poor kid. By the time you spot Kamijou Ai it's far too late to escape. "I certainly found something, miss Kiyo."" Ai's vaguely bored expression changed into a friendly smile as she spotted the kid. Who clearly spotted her and - more suspiciously - began backing away. Before someone else spotted the situation and grew suspicious as well, Kamijou simply walked over to the boy and, with a familiar hand on his shoulder as if they knew each-other walked him away from listening ears. Relying on the official authority of the military robot officer to keep others from interfering or listening in when they were demonstratively separate. Assuming the kid didn't do anything as stupid as straight up run, of course.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 06, 2018, 05:20:21 pm »

Even if she has no idea what is going on, Kiyo at least can react quickly. She walks over to the other side of the kid to make sure that he can't escape as Ai guides him somewhere more private. The smile on the robot girl is obviously quite natural because she has much greater control over her facial features.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 17, 2018, 11:58:22 am »

A maintenance hatch... leading *under* the building. For transportation of material? Some part of him was saying that it might be a bad idea to go down there alone, but he quickly disregards it because everyone else here was as green as the spring grass and lowers himself into the hatch, very careful on the ladder.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 17, 2018, 12:26:01 pm »

Amelie frowned, and cautiously stepped forward a little. She had a bad feeling. "Hey, who's there?" she called to the eyes, hand going towards her necklace to prepare for transformation.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 19, 2018, 06:09:02 am »

Yamato taps his chin in contemplation.
"Maybe, but I'm not sure anyone other than Goldie even could, if they noticed at all. Which is why I asked Agatha about this in the first place, so..."
He shrugs.
"Unless you got something to add?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 19, 2018, 06:05:31 pm »

"Not really. Not sure if we're going to get anything more from here though..."

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 20, 2018, 12:51:46 pm »

Ai and Kiyo
The boy tries to run, but Ai Kamijou was far, far too quick for him, and getting away from Ai was about as easy as attempting to play one of those weird carnival games, blindfolded, in the dark, with loud irritating rock playing in your ears constantly while standing on a constantly-rocking seesaw on water. Before he can dash away, Kiyo completes the blockade, and you both chaperone him slowly to a corne near the door, just conveniently away from the the prying eyes of the receptionist or cameras.

The boy seems to be panicking at Ai, specifically.
"H-hey, w-what are going to do to me? I-I'm just here to visit someone, I swear!"

Ragnar
Haru frowns.
"They always do that around here, unless you've told them you're coming to visit someone."

Ito
The ladder is rusty and a little creaky, but Ito manages to lower himself onto the floor below without breaking the ladder or getting himself too dirty.

The room is dimly lit by the aforementioned lightbulb. It smells faintly of musty basement (which, to be fair, it is), the faintly flickering lightbulb making out a hard, concrete floor and a rusty door across the room from you. The floor is surprisingly clean and free of dust, except for a small, broken bunch of glass shards near the door.

Haruko and Amelie
The moment Amelie calls out, the eyes disappear and, as quick as lightning, right before your eyes, the bush stands up and runs away. In broad daylight. In the middle of a city.

Assuming you aren't dumbfounded by the appearance of a living bush with legs, you could give chase or leave it be.

Sato and Agatha
Okay. You two should probably meet up with the others. Spica's off handling a Zoanthrope near our base, so I'll go join her there; don't worry, she's got it on her own, she told me to tell you to keep handling this. It's the only lead we've had so far on the origin of the Zoanthropes.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 20, 2018, 01:02:04 pm »

Ito drops low once he's on the ground, slinking forward toward the door and checking it, seeing if it's locked, how it's constructed, where the hinges are, any security features on it, and so on.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 20, 2018, 02:30:41 pm »

"That would explain it I suppose. Thank you for your time ma'am."
Ragnar nods and quickly leaves, glad to be out of that social situation.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 22, 2018, 12:43:39 pm »

"Why would we do anything to you?" Ai asks, rather chipper, as she turns the boy on his feet to face her. Keeping up the facade of friends stepping aside to talk. "Or why would you assume we would?" In spite of the situation, Ai was wearing a courteous smile on her face. "You're famous with the local security, you know? Who are you visiting for them to see you as an oddity, sir?""
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 65