Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44028 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #585 on: April 02, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »

Ragnar slouches awkwardly in his seat. He was pretty lacking on what dressings are proper in various places but even he knew that he was over dressed for this place. So he just kind of hides his face as best he can.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 02, 2018, 12:58:28 pm »

"Yeah to the first, no to the second. Spica, Goldie and some girl he called in are carrying her right now - turns out, turning back into a person was definitely not a one-off thing, and age definitely isn't a factor as far as being Zoanthrope'd goes."
Yamato makes himself comfortable against a wall, not too far from the door.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 02, 2018, 01:00:24 pm »

"Turning into a person? What are you talking about?" Kiyo asks, turning to look at Yamato.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 02, 2018, 01:16:28 pm »

"Oh, right, some of you weren't there for the whale... Well, turns out? Zoanthropes are probably all actually people. I don't know what the conditions for it are, but sometimes they DON'T teleport from enough injuries and then it's just a matter of time until they turn back."
Yamato looks over to the person questioning him. She didn't seem that strange at first, but on closer inspection...

Oh, she was a robot.

How and why? Questions for later. One step at a time, Yamato - first, clear up the Zoanthrope thing. Then focus on other details.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 02, 2018, 01:24:51 pm »

"....okay, so we know they're consistent. I was thinking that, the only lead we have right now is that the two we just fought were heading to Touto University Hospital, and I just needed you to confirm what I thought was going on. I suspect that there's something going on at the hospital, that has to do with Zoanthropes being released. It's not much of a lead, but seeing as none of the Zoanthrope victims have woken up yet, it's all we got, as shaky as it is.

Um, and one of the people we picked up on the way to fight the Zoanthropes offered to get us into the hospital to help us investigate, but I was hoping to see if you guys had any other leads first."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 02, 2018, 01:29:59 pm »

"If they're actually people do you think they have some kind of implant to teleport them away when they're sufficiently damaged? Could be that you're getting lucky and hitting them."
Ragnar is silent for a moment before coughing.
"Er, never mind that's a dumb idea isn't it...?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 02, 2018, 01:31:03 pm »

"That could be right, yes, but until the people we've managed to recover wake up, we're not going to know for sure."

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 02, 2018, 01:32:11 pm »

Yui quietly sat in her seat, sitting straight up, with her hands folded over one another in her lap. She had always had good posture, mainly due to her mom drilling it into her at a young age. She looked around at the group, seeing a few new faces since the incident in the park. Had she finally found a good group of friends? Perhaps. For now, she kept quiet, as she didn't have much to say.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 02, 2018, 01:33:07 pm »

Kiyo processes the implications of what Yamato has just told her. The Zoanthropes were not just monsters but humans transformed into ones. Who would do such a thing? What were their goals? Could this be the lead that they needed? Her mind starts to include this new information with what she already knows and construct new scenarios and situations which to test or anticipate in the future.

Of course, as a robot, this all happens in milliseconds. Without any perceptible delay, Kiyo nods and gives Yamato a smile. "That's good news! Have these human-Zoanthropes divulged any other important information we should know about it? Would it be possible for me to meet one?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 02, 2018, 01:38:22 pm »

Maki shakes her head.
"So far, all of them have been unconscious after they transformed back. The first one's been out cold for a few days."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 02, 2018, 01:39:50 pm »

"No identification? Nothing important on them after they transformed? Have you checked to see if they were reported missing?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 02, 2018, 01:41:38 pm »

"I don't think so, no. They were mostly naked when they transformed back. Um....Haruko over here found something like an arm cannon on one of them, but that's about it, and as far as I know, they're not from Touto if they're missing."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 02, 2018, 01:43:11 pm »

"Could I see them at some point in the future? I'm sure that I could secure access to the police databases if I told them why I needed. It's worth a try, isn't it?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 02, 2018, 01:44:29 pm »

"I uh... don't think they'll be able to give us much info on other Zoanthropes. It seems like they may have put the human part into something of a coma so it'd stands to reason in my head that they probably did that before transforming them so that they can't give out that kind of information on the off chance something like this happens... But that's just a random guess."
Ragnar looks around. Were they going to get their order taken? He could really go for some kind of sweet drink right now... He perks up at the arm canon comment though.
"I don't know if it'd help but I could ask my dad to have the arm cannon looked over at some point. We have a lab that's been doing investigation of magical stuff so I think it could be useful."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 02, 2018, 01:46:00 pm »

"At least one of them's here, right? Ito, where did you put the girl you brought with you?"
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 65