Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44031 times)

LucidRain

• Bay Watcher
  • The sun is at least 12 meters long
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #555 on: March 29, 2018, 07:59:20 am »

December jumped when his phone rang. "Err, sorry. Gotta take a call." He made sure to make distance from Yamato before he answered, and immediately a torrent of infernal screams poured out from the phone.
"Yes - sorry - I know - yeah" December yelled over the top of it all. "Will - will you please listen!"
There was a pause, and December seized the opportunity. "Boss, I know there are deliveries to do - but there' something big going on here.
I don't know what it is, but apparently someone is turning people into monsters and spreading them all over the city."

There was another rant fired off, between which December barely managed to retake his voice, "How's that got to do with dumplings?
A monster murdered one of the boxes I was trying to deliver - AND they also damaged the house of one of our customers." (that was actually his fault, but his boss didn't need to know that.)
"Yeah, and if this thing gets actually big, it might hurt our sales! I don't have a problem with it - but certainly our customers will."
After a prolonged silence, the voice over the phone started to speak again, but much calmer this time. December internally sighed with relief.
"Yeah - alright. You're gonna close up shop? A month? Alright, fair - we needed a rest anyway. Wait - what do you mean it's out of MY vacation time?!" December barely started protesting before the call was ended.

December snorted. Well, at least he managed to secure some time away from doing deliveries. December pocketed his phone again and returned to Yamato's side. "So you're fighting these monsters, huh? Sounds like you need a hand."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 29, 2018, 10:10:52 am »

Yamato had been keeping an eye on December even as the other guy had gone off to have his phone call. A pretty rough one if his reactions were anything to go by, but he hadn't really bothered trying to listen in.
"Been fighting them for a while. Well, welcome aboard, Dee. Try not to run off again, yeah?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 29, 2018, 12:08:08 pm »

Ragnar nods as Maki speaks. After a few moments have passed he raises a hand politely.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2018, 02:28:26 pm »

”Yes?”

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2018, 02:32:15 pm »

Ragnar spends a moment to think of how to phrase his question.
"Aren't the Zoanthropes a little big? How would they get them out of the hospital?"

LucidRain

• Bay Watcher
  • The sun is at least 12 meters long
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 30, 2018, 01:09:52 am »

"Boss says that we're gonna take a break for a month or so while this whole thing is sorted out, so I won't have any deliveries to do then in the meantime." December said, yawning.
"I guess that means a month to stop whatever's doing all this zoanthrope business, or I'll have to juggle two jobs."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 30, 2018, 04:35:43 am »

"Don't ask me, that's what I want to look into. It's the only lead we've had so far, as sketchy as it is."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 30, 2018, 04:43:19 am »

Ragnar nods. He looks around for a bit before shrugging.
"Well, if getting in is a problem, I could help. I mean, I've already got hives around the city to watch for trouble I could whip something up to sneak around in there."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 30, 2018, 04:48:51 am »

"No, no. Probably shouldn't be throwing around insects in a hospital. That'd just make the problem worse."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 30, 2018, 12:03:32 pm »

"The hospital staff and JSDF are likely to be on alert after the Zoanthrope attack. Any unusual insects will probably cause a lot of alarm. It would be best to explore our other options first."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 30, 2018, 12:07:22 pm »

"We could say we're visiting a friend, but.....well...I don't know anyone here. I think."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 30, 2018, 12:38:02 pm »

Kiyo smiles and nods in agreement, even if inwardly she sighs over her offer being ignored. At least she tried.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 30, 2018, 02:03:02 pm »

"Didn't Miss Kiyo here say that she might be able to get us in? That might be easier than lying."
Ragnar gestures to Kiyo as he speaks.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 30, 2018, 02:18:53 pm »

The robot nods in agreement, with noticeably more vigour this time. "I can't promise that I can get everyone in, but the JSDF and the government is just as interested in stopping the Zoanthropes as you are. My liaison with the JSDF might be able to secure us access to the hospital through government channels."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 30, 2018, 05:00:16 pm »

"If you're caught outside in a storm, it's better to focus on the 'now' than the 'future'. Similarly, don't focus on having only one month; focus on the fact that it's already been several and we've only just now gotten a lead on the Zoanthrope thing."
Wow, such advice. It would surely sound sagely and wise if not for Yamato wearing what was basically nothing more than shorts and sandals. And also it being neither of those things. Maybe December will appreciate the intent, at least?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 65