Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44042 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #435 on: March 09, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »

"Well speak of the devil... Prestooooo, Festique!"
Yui's body is swarmed with brightly colored music notes, revealing her body now covered in a skin-tight black body suit, with a rainbow of colors moving in streams across the surface. Along with the attire change, her skates appeared, despite her not having them on before, as well as her guitar slung to her back.
"Let's up the tempo!"
Presto Festique began moving, pedaling and pedaling, now picking up a speed much faster than that of her normal form on skates. She slung her guitar around to the front of her body, and yelled up to the group now above her. "Did someone need a boost?" And as quick as she appeared, she just as quickly strummed a chord, sending out a flurry of green music notes that flew up to hit her allies, surging energy into their bodies.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 10, 2018, 09:22:42 am »

Street Group
The spider Zoanthrope pauses briefly upon Ai imposing her will upon it, ever so briefly. It turns its head towards her, a malicious glint in its eyes, as if it's finally found something that caught its interest, having found a worthy opponent rather than prey to toy around with like the rest of them.

Then December rushes past Ai and the rest of the group, smashing his palm into it with the rage of a thousand furious suns, avenging his beloved dumplings, their emptied carcasses lying on the pavement with their scrumptious filling spilt like blood.

His dumplings would be avenged.

The spider is thrown a considerable distance upon impact, smashing through several cars and probably a doghouse, judging by the surprised and annoyed barking, landing in the front yard of a house about ten doors down.

As you approach the spider to finish it off, you find something very troubling; the spot where the Zoanthrope was struck, raw and bleeding greenish fluid, seems to be closing up as it pull itself to its feet. With unrivalled agility, it leaps upwards towards the second floor of the house, trying to saunter off towards whatever destination it intended to originally head toward.

Only one thing to do.

[Now Playing: ~The cyborg fights~]

You give chase.

The sound of jackboots approaches you from behind as you run after it, as you see helmeted, black-suited soldiers, the same kind that had attempted to assault you at the park two days ago, armed with guns of unknown model and make, running towards you.

A running battle just turned into a running battle on two sides. Better be ready to get going.
"No! There's too many of them for me to shield you all from and give chase! Cover me and I'll see if I can't give you some on the go. You guys handle them!"

Spica leaps up towards one of the rooftops, using several temporary, small barriers as platforms, giving chase to the Zoanthrope and trying to put some distance between her and the soldiers.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Support Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Roof Group
Ragnar and Kiyo leap past each other, following Maki's group as the bat Zoanthrope soars over the Touto skyline. Kiyo gets a quick response.

[This is Lieutenant Godai, currently stationed in Hokuto. You will have to make do for now; we do not have enough personnel in the area to assist. We have contacted Foundation personnel for assistance. Continue pursuit until personnel have arrived, Unit 01. Over.]

The bat rolls in the air, avoiding Kiyo's rifle shots with ease, screeching something at her as the plasma harmlessly dissipates in the air. If it's trying to communicate, she can't understand it; if it's trying to scare her off, it's not working.

Suddenly, Yui shows up, skating alongside them, her music boosting the group's speed as they give chase, skipping across rooftops like nobody's business. Lapis suddenly speaks up, managing to keep up with the group despite their small size and short legs.

It seems the Zoanthropes are trying to make their way towards what I remember to be a hospital, though I cannot remember which. You will need to try to take it down before then.

The stakes just got higher, it seems.

It's showtime.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 03:30:27 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 10, 2018, 10:05:04 am »

Ai raised her eyebrows as December knocked the Zoanthrope away in righteous fury. But knocked it out of range all the same. She let out a sigh of mild exhasperation more than anything. Oh well. It genuinely was a nice hit. Ai had just been about to 'give chase' at a cassual stride, one foot just about to lift, when the sound of jackboots hitting the pavement came up from behind. She turned her head and looked over her shoulder. While Spica cried out in distress, Ai couldn't help but smirk. So that's what we're doing.

"Nevermind the small fry, Miss. This'll only take a moment."

While the others gave chase, Ai didn't leave the spot. Rather she simply turned where she stood and faced the oncoming soldiers. Whether they fired or not didn't phase her. (If anything, bullets would only make her grow stronger quicker)

Kamijou reaches into her bag and produces a few 100 yen coins. Worthless change, really. She flicked one into the air with her thumb, caught it, and then all hell broke lose. Her arm whipped back fast enough to blurr and then sprung back forwards agains in a lazy, limp-wristed, throw. Sending the change spinning through the air down the street like some kind of focus-fire flanchette cannon. The air explosively distorting under the forces unleashed. Breaking the street under them might've been easier, but she lived only two or so streets down. No need to wreck your own back yard.

Know Despair - 6 - Alteration to 5. [3 [5] 3 2 [6] 4 3 4 5 2]

(Ai addresses Spica as "Ue-San" an impersonal way of courteously referring to a stranger. Usually used when addressing customers or written on receipts or bills.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 10:14:37 am by Mistwing »
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 10, 2018, 12:30:09 pm »

Ragnar came really close to stumbling and falling off the roof he was on after hearing a sudden voice in his head. Usually he only did that when reading. He was briefly worried for his mental stability but decided to ignore it like a good hero would. At the very least he could think about it later. He didn't actually know how far away the Hospital was but that was just a good reason for him to get started on what's probably going to be pretty stupid in hindsight. He changes the direction of his movement slightly more towards the dragonbat thingy keeping close behind as he waits for a good spot to go from. Finally he finds a roof big enough, and he leaps off the edge towards the bat. In the air his armor's feet changes to a form better for gripping into the beast hopefully. (Of course if that didn't work he could always just attach his constructs to the scales.) He lands on the beast and holds on for the moment.

(Alteration to five. 2, 1, 6, 6, 1, 3, 6, 5, [5], 6)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2018, 03:15:04 pm »

so it was to be a chase, then. And there were more enemies. Humans, this time. and a lot of them. Even with this bystander saying they'll dealing with them and... demonstrating they may very well be up to the task... this was a problem. He, Yamato, and Spica were fast. Their support, on the other hand, wasn't particularly, and would likely be better served supporting back here to prevent them from falling behind and not being of use at all. Change of plans, then.

"Agatha! Stay here and assist her with these, as well as anything else that tries to head us off from behind! Try to catch up when you can! We'll keep on the spider. When we catch up, hit it hard, fast, and don't let up!"

Sprint. Get close first, engage second. Focus. Everything has a pattern. Patterns of movement, patterns of attack. Focus on those. This is your enemy. First, adapt to the battlefield...

"Spica, can you reattach limbs!?"

He then rushes forward, hopping up onto a piece of the robot dinosaur, then launches himself further into the air, twisting to viciously attack the spider's main body wherever he can reach it, preferably embedding the sword in its hide.

Center - Adjustment to 4 - World Line: [6 2 6 4 {3} 6 1 3 {4} 1]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:55:57 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #440 on: March 10, 2018, 03:48:41 pm »

Haruko swallowed her last remaining piece of steak and looked at the orb in her hand. Pitching upward a bit so she could see her target better, she threw it almost lazily in the direction of the bat Zoanthrope; the ball expanded dramatically in size as soon as it left her "grip," becoming a miniature sun that was sent sailing over the rooftops of Sendo. After doing so, though, she tilted in midair to get a better look at where those other plasma shots had come from. It was. . . another armored girl? Like Maki, but more sun-themed. She waved cheerily at the newcomer while another ball of plasma gathered in the other hand. "Hiii~ Are you one of those guys Maki is a fan of?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 10, 2018, 05:07:35 pm »

[Wilco. I will keep you up to date on the situation as it develops. Out.]

Kiyo looks confused as Haruko talks to her, though with the robot zipping around it might be difficult to notice. "Maki? One of those guys? What are you talking about?" Just because she's trying to hold a conversation doesn't mean that Kiyo can't keep fighting, however.

Kiyo swoops in low and continues firing her plasma rifle, to minimize the chances of collateral damage.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 11, 2018, 04:45:23 am »

The approach of men with guns had been slightly worrying, but it was good that they were being dealt with. It was even better they didn't have to stop pursuing after the Zoanthrope, jumpy bastard that it was.

"Yo, Spica! Barrier me!"

Focus on the spider. The gunmen were irrelevant for now. The Zoanthropes reacted to pain just like anything else, and there was a nice, damaged spot right there, just waiting for somebody to take the opportunity before it closed itself. So Yamato does just that.

He rushes in, making the requisite two-storey jump up to hit the spider, and slashes, making two extremely precise cuts in quick succession at the bleeding flesh of the Zoanthrope. However, as he makes the second slash, a thought occurs. He tries to push the second cut deeper, to latch onto the spider. It was time for a rodeo.

Burn the 4 for Turning Swallow Cut, burn the rightmost 3 for Spica's Barrier.

[5 2 3 3 3 5 1 4 2 3]

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2018, 07:08:40 am »

Amelie dashed after the monster, trying to keep at range as more people arrived. "Wow, we're picking people up just by running past! Cool!" she said cheerfully, as she flew at range to avoid the fire-breath and build momentum for her strike.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 11, 2018, 01:08:09 pm »

Presto Festique once again brought down her hand upon the strings, ringing out what seemed to be a highly distorted chord, a mesh of purple and blue notes flying once again up to the party. As they hit and pop onto the various bodies, those affected can feel their senses heighten as Presto Festique boosts their attacks.

World Line: [6 5 2 3 4 6 1 2 6 1]
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 11, 2018, 01:28:04 pm »

Maki sprints just after Amelie, running after the monster. She just attempts to defend herself from any ranged attacks for the moment, looking for the opportune moment.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #446 on: March 11, 2018, 01:37:41 pm »

"Yeah, you know, the guys with the armor and the transformations and stuff? Like, um, magical girls, but they're like buff dudes instead?" Haruko thought for a moment. They were supposed to be buff guys, right? Did that make Maki a crossdresser? She'd have to ask later. After she beat up the bat thing, unless it turned into a person again. which would put a damper on things.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 11, 2018, 01:43:08 pm »

"I'm not sure what you're referring to. You'll have to show me when we have time later," Kiyo replies, "Defeating the Zoanthrope and minimizing collateral damage is currently our top priority."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 11, 2018, 01:58:09 pm »

"I think she's got this handled?.."

With that, a quick stamp on the ground causes a number of spikes to erupt from the ground both under and into the Zoanthrope's path. A quick glance back is afforded to assess the state of the soldiers after them.

World Line: [6 5 1 4 2 1 5 3 1 2]

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 11, 2018, 05:25:31 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Maki holds one hand up in front of her as she continues leaping across the rooftops. It's not much to defend her, especially without her Electro-Barrier, but it'll have to do for now, especially since she needs to get in range to do very much to deal with them or get her barriers up. Amelie is right in front of her, her gravity powers keeping her afloat. Yui skates along by, her music filling you with power as she skates past.

Ragnar pounces on the Zoanthrope, attempting to land a blow upon it. As he does, the turbine mounted in its back suddenly sparks aflame, the Zoanthrope attempting to evade his attack, swerving quickly away from him, but Ragnar's positioning is too good, and he manages to land upon it, barely avoiding the flames that just shot out from the turbine. His feet dig into its back, causing it to screech in pain.....

Which is just enough to enrage it into fighting back, as it spins in an attempt to wrench Ragnar off, only managing to dig his feet deeper, causing it more pain. With little recourse, it suddenly and rapidly twirls in the air, quickly enough to send Ragnar tumbling; Ragnar, however, is able to catch its foot on his way off, causing the Zoanthrope to screech, its flight somewhat impeded by the sudden imbalance of weight....

....which is enough to throw it into Haruko's projectile's path, as the giant blast of plasma scorches its back, Ragnar's tumble having managed to push the Zoanthrope away but not enough to avoid the shot. Several plasma bursts sink into the Zoanthrope's back as Kiyo blasts it with her mounted rifle, but both Haruko and Kiyo sense strong winds around the beast dulling their strikes.

Loud, shrill screams echo around you, suddenly. As you look around, a swarm of bat-like creatures, half-robotic, half-biological and made from the seeming blend of biological and synthetic polymer typical of Zoanthropes, surrounds you, swerving in and around you as your chase takes you from the residential part of Touto into the main city centre.

This might complicate matters a bit.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:56:16 am by IamanElfCollaborator »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 65