Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44044 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #405 on: March 08, 2018, 01:49:06 am »

"Ooh, yeah!" Haruko was familiar with the steaks from this place, which did a lot to explain the girl's hurry to get to the plate. It seemed like she was going to go after the thing with her bare hands for a moment; her hands had moved past the silverware directly toward the target of her desire, and then stopped before being redirected to the proper cutlery. "Is, uh, shword guy having shome?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 08, 2018, 03:04:06 am »

Yamato waits for Haruko to enter before stepping back inside. He doesn't sit down anywhere, though.
"Nah, I'm fine. I've eaten already."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 08, 2018, 03:09:37 am »

I do hope you aren't busy right now, you all. We may require your assistance.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 08, 2018, 03:13:45 am »

"Crow. Yamato." He nods at each of them in turn. "Think that's everyone, unless there's someone I miss-."

He blinks.

"That's about as expected. Go ahead." his voice drops, trying to sound less crazy.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 08, 2018, 03:20:45 am »

I detected two Zoanthropes approaching the shopping district in central Touto, not far from here. Spica is already there, trying to direct them away from civilians, but these Zoanthropes are closer to the enhanced type you fought in the park than the one she fought two days ago, so she will not be able to handle it on her own. I warned her to wait but she insisted that she needed to steer them away.

Maki nods, standing up quickly and looking towards the door.
"I hear you, Lapis. Haruko, eat up as fast as you can, we're going to need to get there as fast as possible!"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 08, 2018, 03:27:55 am »

Hideyuki just... stares at Maki for a few seconds, his expression frozen in a slight 'what the christ' for a moment.

He looks about to say something, then shakes his head and just stands up, heading for the door. If people come with him, great. He's not delaying for freaking dinner.

"On my way now."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 08, 2018, 03:30:25 am »

"Don't give me that look. I didn't say I was waiting for her before we go. I just told her to eat quick."
Maki shoots him an irritated look, already brushing past him towards the door.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 08, 2018, 03:31:56 am »

No response from Hideyuki. Only departure.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:40:41 am by ragnarok97071 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 08, 2018, 03:57:54 am »

Great going there, Kisaragi, say the first thing that comes to mind and get judged by the underwear model who apparently owns a magic house and is probably one of those rich crimefighting heroes who doesn't have a day job.

Forget it. People in danger. Fastest way to Touto. Where is it?

Maki thinks to herself as looks around for the shortcut she usually used to get to where Lapis was indicating the Zoanthropes were; she knew that around the area, there was a shopping district she liked to hop off to when there wasn't school, violin practise, or a Zoanthrope threatening the city. Her eyes lie on an alleyway as she manifests the Electrider on her waist.

"Follow me. This'll get us there as quick as we can on foot, unless you've got a better idea."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:01:59 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 08, 2018, 04:01:23 am »

"I'll meet you there."

He'd turn and sprint toward his home, since even with the slight delay of getting his bike he'd probably get there much quicker on it than otherwise, and he can't exactly take passengers.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 04:07:23 am by ragnarok97071 »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #415 on: March 08, 2018, 04:08:22 am »

Haruko, true to form, grabbed the steak and stuffed it into her mouth, holding it in her teeth as she skittered out the door. She squawked a bit as a wing clipped the frame, but it didn't seem to actually slow her down. She took the opportunity provided by Maki's brief pause to tear off a bite, swallow, and then insert the slab of meat once more, an excited expression on her face.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 08, 2018, 04:51:25 am »

Maki nods, looking back to make sure everyone was present, before-

"Henshin!"

As the Volt Armor manifests around her, she uppercuts towards the roof of her house, lightning sparking around her, landing on the roof as the armor finishes forming. Resting a brief moment, she surges forwards off the roof with her fist, doing a little flip in the air before surging forward again, landing on the roof on the opposite side. It wasn't an elegant solution to her problem of needing to get there quick, but then Kamen Rider Volt wasn't known for stylish acrobatics, just sheer brute strength.

Touto Shopping District
Maki and Ito get there roughly the same time, Maki tumbling off the last roof she'd jumped on, next to him. Presumably, Haruko and the others are seconds behind.

The Touto Shopping District was, though smaller than Seito's shopping district- especially the famous Minatodai Distrct Mall- serviceably large for a place like Touto, mostly centered around a square with tall buildings containing the many shops here, the square paved with brick and dotted with trees for aesthetic purposes. Neon shop signs flicker throughout the district, large scrolling LCD screens advertise ramune drinks, TVs and what-not, and the shop windows show all sorts of things from Swiss rolls to the latest fashions in Touto (apparently dressing like Ito's popular right now, fancy that).

Also, people are running and screaming in terror from the two Zoanthropes currently terrorizing them.

One of them resembles a humanoid spider, tall and spindly, with eight red-tipped arms lashing out at people. The eight, faintly glowing red eyes on its head follow victims, as it actively searches for prey to strike out at, its mandibles seeming to move in a manner suggesting enjoyment, as if it wants to be here (odd, given that most Zoanthropes so far have been more like animals than people). You note that, although it seems to have a carapace like the previous two Zoanthropes you encountered, it's not quite as artificial, but far more biological-looking. Its limbs strike out at a cowering pair of old men, only to be deflected by translucent pink barriers, likely Spica's work. Given the opportunity, they flee, running past the party to escape.

The other one seems to resemble some blend between a bat and a dragon, seeming to avoid the crowd, its wings folded up as it clings to a building on black claws, its reptilian head's long ears twitching rapidly and its mouth sending rippling winds hailing down upon the square, seeming to ignite a tree's leaves with the sheer heat. Its body, unlike every Zoanthrope so far, is scaly rather than wrapped in a continuous, patterned shell, presumably an adaptation to aid its flight, with the exception of a strange protrusion on it's back, resembling what looks to be a biological jet engine, made of the same material as the previous two Zoanthropes you've encountered. The 'turbine' within seems to be made of some chitinous material. The people passing underneath it duck in the hopes of avoiding being seen or scorched by the heated air it breathes.

In the middle of the square is Spica herself, holding up several barriers, one to deflect the heated breath of the giant bat, the other to avoid the blows of the giant spider. Lapis is deftly avoiding the strikes, their tail barely whipping out of the way of a blind swipe.

They're here, Spica.
"I think I'm going to need some help here! Get them off me and keep them away from the civilians!"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 08, 2018, 04:56:04 am »

"Alright then."

He gestures, the ornate golden-metal sword appearing in his hand once more, gleaming in the light of the setting sun.

Two of them. Not good. He'd probably be better for the spider. Flyers should deal with the bat. Okay.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 08, 2018, 05:03:39 am »

"Right. Anyone who can fly, shoot or jump quick, follow me and we'll deal with that bat; that means you, Amelie and Haruko. Everyone else, follow Ito, help Spica with the spider!"
Maki storms towards the bat, electricity sparking in her footsteps.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 08, 2018, 07:00:46 am »

Amelie had been following a bit behind, basically picking up any stragglers in her gravity field as she fell towards the shopping district. "Right right!" the girl cheerfully says, dropping people off before charging off towards the bat.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 65