Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44046 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2018, 10:12:20 am »

"Hi, Maki." Amelie said politely as she entered the restaurant. "I wasn't either, but my parents had to go out for some important business and I didn't want to just sit in my house... and I had no other friends nearby." What she didn't immediately mention was that she was also thinking about the events of two days ago, and the lack of information they had... she'd been in magic form for most of it so the memory was fuzzy, but she got the gist later.

It was about that point Hideyuki came in - "Good to see you, Hideyuki..." she said. The man was friendly enough, but truth be told she was a tad intimidated by him. Amelie sat at the counter as the steak came out "Thanks, I was getting hungry." she began to eat a bit slowly. "So... things have been quiet lately, haven't they?" she said, what she was referring to fairly obvious.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2018, 10:35:33 am »

The steak.....is absolutely delicious. Perfect marbled texture, the right blend of buttery and salty, seasoned perfectly with something great that you can't quite identify but goes well with it, and it gives way in your mouth, the right mix of tough and soft and juicy and-

It's perfect steak, if perfection was even remotely possible in this world.

Maki frowns at the mention of quietness.
"Quiet, ever since that park. I still have some questions, really. Like who this Spica girl is. Or who that other girl was. Or why she turned into a human and the other Zoanthropes haven't.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2018, 12:07:12 pm »

The days since the incident at the park have passed relatively uneventfully for Agatha, she spent it mostly getting acquainted with the layout of the city.

Anyway, she figures she should meet up with the others, see if any of them have any news on the situation, and she does know that Maki's grandfather owns a grill, and she is hungry, so she arrives at its front doors, and seeing the gathering; she heads in..

"Umm. Hello? I guess I wasn't the only one trying to meet up... So... How have you all been?.."

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2018, 12:16:49 pm »

"Since we're not trying to keep this secret at all..." He glances toward the kitchen. "I'm not sure what made the difference, but it's a little more complicated than that. I'll explain more later, but that energy they give off when you 'kill' them? They're not dying. They're being teleported away before they can take fatal damage. I tried tracing it, but it looks like they've been relaying the process through several different locations, and at this point I've hit a wall." He'd find somewhere to sit, taking a plate if offered, though he eats very slowly.

"So that still leaves us with a few questions, as you said. Who are those girls, and why didn't the first vanish like the others? And, personally, I'd like to know how exactly that creature tracks the Zoanthropes, as we might be able to use that in case she's not available."

And then another person showed up. Seems today was determined to be when they all got back together. "Agatha. I've been... Busy."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2018, 12:42:47 pm »

Maki waves at Agatha, smiling at her as she walks in, just as she hands Hideyuki a plate of steak.
"Heya....Agatha, right? Anyway, we're just here trying to figure out what's up with the Zoanthropes. There's some steak behind the counter if you want some, freshly cooked."

Then Hideyuki speaks.
"And.....teleported, you said? So you tried to go track it and they ended up sending you to Algeria or something like in those hacker movies? That.....that's really strange. Actually, that just makes more questions. If they're being teleported away, then they might be getting reused, so we know most of these Zoanthropes probably are working with whoever's making them.

Then.....we haven't seen any repeated Zoanthropes yet. And that doesn't answer anything else."

Maki throws up her hands and sighs loudly, groaning.
"Dammit, I hate not knowing this....Speaking of which, did you get anything from Spica? I meant to mention this back then, but I heard you guys arguing. Did something happen?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2018, 02:30:28 pm »

"She's a naive idiot. Tried to lie to me. Was really bad at it. Don't think she's an enemy, though. Where are the others?"
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2018, 02:31:38 pm »

"No clue. I actually didn't expect anyone to show up, honestly. I was just going to call Amelie and try to figure out what Haruko was doing, maybe try to organize something?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2018, 02:42:17 pm »

Haruko, for her part, was sitting on the roof. She'd been sitting up there, not doing much more than sunning herself and napping; now that the sun was going down, though, there was no sun to doze in. Instead, she was, well, preening. She'd positioned herself so that nobody could really see her, so she figured it was alright to sit around in her natural form; since she didn't usually get a lot of free time to do so, she figured she'd take the opportunity to take care of herself.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2018, 02:45:23 pm »

Yamato had spent the entirety of the previous two days recovering. As it turned out, the Zoanthrope's kick had still managed to leave a pretty nasty bruise, healing or no healing, and keeping it hidden had been kind of a pain in the ass. He'd left investigating to the others - he had no leads, and the sword had been uncomfortably quiet as of two days ago. He'd ended up spending most of the day at home, trying to relax. Normally, that wouldn't have been the case, but he figured he'd worried his parents enough, and there had been absolutely no reports of Zoanthrope attacks since the day they fought the big whale one.

He'd needed to get away from the house, though. He was restless, and things had been far too tense between his dad and him as of late. If Yamato was to guess, his dad was either finally putting the pieces together, or already had and was waiting for a good time to confront him about things. That was one conversation he wasn't too interested in having just yet, though. Maybe in a few days, but not now.

As it was, he put on one of the many tracksuits he owned, a dark blue one with white stripes, and tried to go for a jog to let loose some of the energy that had built up. He needed to keep fit, after all. Sure, it was earlier in the evening than he usually went, but...

...but, as it turned out, his plans were to be side-tracked by something different entirely. He'd been jogging down a sidewalk that seemed familiar for a minute or two, but it wasn't until he turned around that he realized why it seemed familiar.

'Isn't that Sparki's steakhouse?'

It figured he'd end up here. Usually, that'd be that, but it wasn't hard to see the gathering in the steakhouse through the window. He approaches, letting himself in.

"Yo."

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2018, 03:13:22 pm »

"Hey, uh....Yamato, right? Do you mind calling Haruko down? She's probably on the roof again and she's probably going to want in on the food."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2018, 03:50:05 pm »

"Er, sure."
Haruko was Sun Crow's name, if he was remembering right. He wasn't sure why she was on the roof, but whatever. Yamato steps out, closing the door as he does so, and yells up at the roof, loud enough to be heard.
"Oi, Haruko! S-Maki wants you down here. She said you'd probably want in on the food."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2018, 04:18:59 pm »

"Eh?" She walked over to the edge of the building and leaned over. "Oh, you're the, um, sword guy from a couple days ago, right? What'd you say about food?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 07, 2018, 04:25:29 pm »

"Maki's calling you down for food. Are you gonna come get it or not?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #403 on: March 07, 2018, 04:29:56 pm »

"Oh." She took a step forward and jumped off of the roof, spreading her wings to slow her descent. She still landed somewhat heavily on the ground next to the swordsman. He was spared the assault of the extra limbs, though, as she tucked them inward as to actually fit through the doorway. "Thanks."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 07, 2018, 05:28:47 pm »

"Hey, Haruko, glad you could join us! Uh, steak?"
Maki offers her a plate, tilting her head.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 65