Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44005 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spark
« Reply #225 on: February 21, 2018, 04:45:04 pm »

Well, this is about typical.

Hideyuki assumes that the helicopter that was obviously about to kill the girl wasn't one of theirs.

Time for the better part of valor, then. Right, casual teen mode gone, Operator Hideyuki Ito Activate

"Shit. Hostiles! Someone get cover up, you..." here he looks at the floating girl "Get the Z and anyone that's too injured to run. Crow girl, get as many fireballs as you can between us and those helicopters, make them more focused on not blowing up than attacking, but don't fall behind. stay close and follow me." He didn't have many ways to deal with shit like this, but luckily they had countermeasures, he hopes. Best bet is to get to cover before they can get a good attack off. These looked human, though... can't go around killing them. Need to withdraw. He'd pause for just a moment, then break off at a run toward the edge of the park, specifically heading toward them maze of back-alleys and side-streets that any sufficiently old city has.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 21, 2018, 04:50:36 pm »

Well. This wasn't normal.

Maki was thankful for the armor hiding her face, lest she show that she was nervous about all this. She was already going to have to explain to her granddad why they hadn't run away immediately from the park that apparently exploded out of nowhere, and now she was going to have to deal with the apparent men in black who'd come to kill them and hide the evidence.

Oh well.
"Called it, you're one of us! Amelie, pick the girl up, and any stragglers if you can. Haruko, earthbender girl, cover us."
Maki looks over at Hideyuki, preparing to run.
"Hey, swimsuit model, you're from around here, I assume? You have any suggestions?"
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:18:24 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 21, 2018, 05:04:45 pm »

"Huh, those aren't the right people. I think. Those aren't the right people right Maki?" Amelie says, seeming largely unconcerned as she lifts off. "Byyy the way, we're not idiots Hideyuki, you don't need to try to order us around~" she commented, before dashing off at high speed once again. Without slowing down, she zips past the unconscious girl and picks her up in the small gravity field around her, and continues to zip around looking for anyone who wouldn't be able to keep up.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 21, 2018, 05:05:37 pm »

The recent events finally tearing her away from her self-appointed fire suppression duties, Agatha snaps to attention, and promptly whips up all the loose dirt, silt, small debris, gravel and small bits of broken concrete into a storm about 2 meters over the ground.

"Right! One sand- err... dirtstorm coming up! Watch your heads!"

After which, well, she starts trying to evacuate with the group.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 21, 2018, 05:55:51 pm »

If looks could kill, the helicopter flying towards the group would have combusted, exploded and then been spontaneously wiped from existence by the look Yamato sent its way. As it was, he settled for muttering several curses under his breath and insulting the extended families of everybody on board.

Though, with that said, even as he cursed out the helicopter's crew, he also began to attempt to vacate the premises. The others seemed to have things handled as far as the girl went, and there wasn't much he could contribute beyond keeping his sword ready in case of a rocket or something. The recent arrival seemed to know what he was doing, at least, which was a relief.

Yamato's sodium chloride content increased massively when he thought about how useful his clothes would be against the weapons pointed in their direction.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:59:16 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2018, 06:08:38 pm »

"Yay~" Haruko flung an expanding wave of plasma in the general direction of the enemy aircraft; whether the obstruction of the view was deliberate or not was anyone's guess. She stooped down and grabbed the device she'd been eyeing before kicking off of the ground, feeling a slight pang of irritation at the amount of dirt in her eyes as she did so. Cradling the device in one arm, she swung her other one again, sending another ragged arc of sunfire streaking toward the mysterious newcomers.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2018, 10:24:07 pm »

"I have no idea what you're talking about, but yes, I have a plan. Let's keep it secret for now until we know we won't be overheard. For now, focus on getting out of sight."
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2018, 11:27:47 am »

[Now Playing: I'm In Control]

A lot of things happen very quickly in the seconds that pass after you figure out your plan.

Agatha throws up a veritable hurricane of dust and dirt as the party begins to run towards the exit, the debris from the destruction the Zoanthrope (and the party) wrought and the dirt from the path throwing their aim off. The crack and rumble of a sniper rifle rings out, hitting nobody.

The device in Haruko's vicinity glows as power begins to emit from her body, vibrating in its place as she prepares to cut loose.

A flick, a crack and a clamp around her arm later, and Haruko now has a honest-to-God arm cannon.

Needless to say, it doesn't have the intended effect of blinding the aircraft. It DOES have the effect of punching a hole through the helicopter's tail, shearing it off and sending the thing hurtling to the ground like a fly that hit a bug-zapper. Haruko prepares to fire again, irritated by the dirt in her eyes and possibly a little impressed with herself.

The second shot tears off the top rotor, downing the helicopter completely as it crashes into a tree, thankfully without another fiery explosion (this time not caused by Haruko). The soldiers within amble out, seemingly uninjured by the impact, with the soldier bearing the bazooka trying to fire on the party....

....but Amelie has already yanked Haruko, along with the girl, to safety, Maki, Hideyuki and Sato ahead and running towards the alleyways.  As tends to happen when you have gravity powers.

The explosion hits the crater where the former Zoanthrope once was a moment ago, hiding no evidence but making a dent in the city's repair fund. The smoke thrown up by the explosion manages to hide the group's escape.

Well, you did it. You managed to get away from them, for now. The sound of whoever was after you is behind you, but at least you're on the street, in the city.

Specifically, you're in the Old Quarter now, the narrowest and oldest part of Touto, dating from way back when it was a fishing town rather than part of this whole cultural and economic exchange. The streets are plenty narrow, but there are enough small alleyways and walkways between houses that you could feasibly lose them if you tried.

Maki stops the party in an alleyway between a bakery and a house, a few posters drifting in the winds blowing through the empty town; most people are inside, hiding from the Zoanthrope, until given the go to leave.
"Okay. My place is a few blocks down this way. Unless any of you have any suggestions, I think we should change out of these forms, play it off like a bunch of scared schoolkids, and get to the grill. I'll explain something to my grandpa. Anyone have any questions?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2018, 11:40:26 am »

Hideyuki frowns, thinking it over for a second. "I don't know who your grandfather is, but most people would be a little upset about you bringing a naked girl home even without the blatant wizardry. My house is close too, could probably regroup there first, get things settled. Of course, that's up to you, but I'm heading that way, regardless."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:54 am »

"He's a veteran, he's used to weird stuff happening around him. Where IS your house, if we're heading there?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2018, 12:03:37 pm »

Here he shrugs, head tilting. "Suzaku 6-1." An address just a block or two from the grill, all things considered. Wait. Wasn't that that big western place? ... Maybe he really is some famous model if he can afford that shit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:05:25 pm by ragnarok97071 »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2018, 12:05:28 pm »

Maki lifts an eyebrow, thankful her expression is hidden by her helmet.
".....that's, like, three doors down from my place. So THAT'S who lives there. Wait, how safe is it?"

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2018, 12:10:04 pm »

"Probably the safest place in the district, all things considered. Re-enforced walls, countermeasures against magical tracking, all that usefulness. Just in case."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2018, 12:11:55 pm »

".....yeah, that's probably safer than the veteran's house. Lead the way, unless anyone wants to stop for some steak."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2018, 12:15:23 pm »

"Actually, that sounds kinda good right now... oooh you're joking." Amelie says, casually floating with an unconscious girl and a nuclear crow in her gravity field. "Let's go!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 65