Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44000 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spark
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2018, 08:05:19 pm »

Amelie did a theatrical bow as she introduced herself. "Amelie Kurosawa, at your service~!" she says. "Thanks for the offer! We have a few people who can do healing magic though, so we're mostly fine. ...Come to think of it I probably should have double checked everyone was fine, but they could all still walk and I didn't see any bad head wounds or anything urgent, mostly some bad bruises and stuff, so I've got some time! I'm a bit of a ditz in this form, sorry~" she cleared her throat as she changed the subject. "Soooo what're you doing running at explosions? That's usually not a really good idea!"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2018, 08:09:46 pm »

"Well, the explosions seemed to have stopped, to be honest. Can't say I'm particularly upset about doing it, though." He grins. "Everything seems alright,
 after all. Plus, if I'd just left when someone might be hurt, I'd never forgive myself. Just doing what any good person would do, really."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2018, 08:22:12 pm »

Haruko turned at the sound of conversation behind her (and buffeted Maki with her wings in the process,) though she didn't move particularly much from where she stood; she still wanted to investigate both of the things in the crater. "Oh, hi." She waved with her free hand at the newcomer, seemingly unaware of the miniature sun still hovering a few inches over her other palm. "Are you here for the weird naked girl?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:49 pm »

Hideyuki takes a half-step back at the bird-girl with the massive fireball suddenly flying over. damn that thing was hot, he could feel it all the way over here.

"Er... you have a... fireball. It's rather uncomfortable. Wait, naked girl?" That was... interesting. He wasn't aware that what it seemed like they were fighting had human disguises.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2018, 08:35:14 pm »

"Eh? I don't have fire. . . Oh, right." She flicked her wrist upward, and the orb of plasma flew into the sky. It was fortunate that there weren't many tall buildings nearby, as the trajectory was a bit crooked, and the thing detonated just before it was too far into the air to see properly. "Uh, yeah, the naked girl that was in the whale. Did you not see the whale?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2018, 09:03:32 pm »

"I... There was a girl inside? That's...
Weird."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2018, 10:23:08 am »

Maki approaches the newcomer, looking between the girl and the new guy. She brushes off some of the dirt from her armor.
".....Wait a second. Right. Okay. So, Zoanthropes.....are people. Have we just been beating the crap out of people for the last couple of months?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »

Yamato approaches the newcomer too, though he keeps an eye on the... well, not really Zoanthrope anymore. Maybe? He'd continue to think of her as a Zoanthrope for now, just to be safe. She might be able to transform back or something and he'd seen creatures play dead or injured one too many times; no point in dropping his guard just because things seemed safe. His face takes on a more neutral expression, though.

"Not really inside, but the gist of it is that we beat up the walking sushi and it just condensed into a naked girl. Speaking of which, d'you have a way of covering her up? And then we could maybe decide to what to do about this and get a move on. The Eden Foundation is on their way and they're getting pretty close by now. Dunno about you lot, but I don't really want to be here when they show up, and I do have other things to do today too."

Maki approaches the newcomer, looking between the girl and the new guy. She brushes off some of the dirt from her armor.
".....Wait a second. Right. Okay. So, Zoanthropes.....are people. Have we just been beating the crap out of people for the last couple of months?"
"Unless you can come up with a different way of stopping rampagin' monsters on the spot, I don't think there's a whole lot of point in thinking about it much right now. There's some more pressing issues than that, I think."

Yamato decides to keep his suspicions about the wires and gadgets to himself for now.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:57:21 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2018, 11:37:41 pm »

"You're sure she's safe? I mean, if she was a... er... sushi monster before, what if she turns into one again? I mean..."

He shakes his head.

"Man, this is just too much for me. Does this happen all the time around here?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2018, 12:47:01 am »

Haruko shook her head. "Usually they just, you know." Haruko waggled her hands in the air in front of her. "Poof." The girl shrugged. Seemingly bored with the conversation itself, she turned (nearly thwacking Maki again) and decided to get a closer look at the gadgetry in the crater.
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2018, 03:27:31 am »

Yamato takes on a slightly more exasperated tone now.
"Well, no, obviously I don't know if she's safe or not, genius. But, again, Eden Foundation, gonna be here soon, and I don't really feel like being the one to explain to them that, no really, this was a Zoanthrope just a moment ago officer, honest, when as far as they know, Zoanthropes vanish after a certain amount of damage. I mean, hell, as far as I knew, that's how it worked. This is pretty unexpected."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:57:32 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2018, 03:49:56 am »

He pauses, frowning, then sighs, pulling the coat off his shoulders and tossing it over. "Here, it's something at least. Think I should leave it to you... professionals?" sweet merciful Buddha that was hard to say with a straight face. These morons? professionals? how the hell was the city still intact?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2018, 04:10:27 am »

"......you know, a normal person would've run away a long time ago."
Maki regards the newcomer with some suspicion. Most normal people didn't tend to head right to the place where everything was on fire, the place was trashed and where, likely, social media and the news would've all warned people away to get them out of the path of a Zoanthrope.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2018, 09:31:19 am »

"I never said I was normal. Just that I was nearby and came to help. Who in this part of the city is normal? Then again, I suppose some are more normal than others..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 21, 2018, 03:33:17 pm »

The helicopters finally peer over the horizon. At this point, usually, the Eden Foundation arrives to try to 'handle' the situation that has already been handled by a magical girl. That is not to say that they NEVER handle situations themselves; after all, there are only so many magical girls in all three cities, large as they are, and the Foundation is far larger and has better resources.

Hence, you expect a Foundation helicopter to arrive, late as they sometimes are.

Only this time, they aren't late.

And that is not an Eden helicopter.

The helicopter looks disguised as a news helicopter, perhaps one of the local Touto news agencies, explaining how it got past whatever lockdown procedures the city and the Foundation likely put up by this point. However, from the corner of your eyes, you can spy two people, clothed in dark blue-ish uniforms with no insignias, their faces masked by sleek helmets, their faces hidden behind dark tinted visors, peering down onto the scene below.

One of them, with clockwork efficiency and speed, draws a gun and aims, a laser trail aiming at the girl's forehead. Their compatriot, from what little you can see, seems to be arming some sort of bazooka.

It's clear what the plan is; kill the girl, conceal the evidence in an explosion. Easy enough thing to do, you realise; Haruko already set fire to everything. Perhaps they have a convenient cover story already; gas leak, overuse of powers, whatever. It's clear they plan on getting rid of this former Zoanthrope.

And anyone else nearby.

You suddenly realise that there are more of them coming, from the sound of metallic thuds about a street away, barely masked by the sounds of distant sirens. Too many to fight, not when you've barely recovered from fighting this foe.

You should take the girl and run.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 65