Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44003 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spark
« Reply #195 on: February 04, 2018, 04:22:57 pm »

"Hey, hey! Haruko, no! Lapis or whoever that voice was just told us NOT to blast this thing into a thousand pieces!"
Maki flails and panics at Haruko, getting in front of her and the Zoanthrope.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 05, 2018, 09:55:08 am »

Taro seems to be just sitting in the corner of the group, television-head pointed up and staring into space.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 05, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »

Well, that ends that... Nice work team!.. Whew... We're really bad at avoiding collateral damage aren't we?...

Looking around, Agatha notices the fire, and proceeds to start putting them out by choking them with dust clouds. One may have strayed a little close to Haruko (engulfing her, technically, for a moment), but that was just an accident surely!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 07, 2018, 06:48:03 pm »

"I mean... no. I can heal others at the cost of hurting myself, essentially..."
Presto Festique turns to Amelie.
"Thank you for that!"
She turns to the rest of the group.
"So, who was it that wanted that autograph?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 07:07:38 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #199 on: February 07, 2018, 07:37:13 pm »

"What?" The orb of plasma stopped growing, remaining about baseball-sized, as Haruko started to slowly drop out of the air. "But it's not vanishing yet, you're supposed to hit them until they vanish."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2018, 12:45:56 pm »

"We already did! That's the point, it's NOT gone yet!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »

"I don't get it, but okay." She alighted on the ground next to Maki, seemingly having forgotten the orb still floating in her upturned palm. "So what are we doing with it again?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2018, 12:51:37 pm »

"....we're going to wait for the Eden Foundation to get here and take care of this thing. That.....voice calling itself Lapis said it was a good idea and I agree; maybe they'll be able to use it to find out where all the Zoanthropes come from. Does anyone else want to object?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 14, 2018, 04:53:09 pm »

After a pause, Yamato decides to speak up.
"Yeah, doesn't really look like there's anybody linin' up with objections."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:57:01 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 15, 2018, 10:52:48 am »

As you resolve to keep the Zoanthrope alive, the sound of helicopters approaches. The Foundation is likely to be here any minute. You get the feeling that it might be safe to leave now; after all, it's all over now, right? The Foundation is pretty well-equipped to deal with a Zoanthrope.

Then the Zoanthrope explodes in a burst of hot steam, staggering anyone standing next to it.

The sound of hard plastic (presumably its shell) clattering onto brick and earth can be heard through the steam as it envelops the park. The steam is nothing particularly dangerous; it smells unpleasantly of burnt flesh and fat, but apart from that, nothing of particular danger or import. The pieces of the shell the Zoanthrope once wore fall through the steam, as the afternoon winds begin to blow the steam away into the sky and towards the sea beyond Touto.

And in the crater where the Zoanthrope once was, a naked girl- at least your age, if not younger- is lying in the dust, her body shrinking and her skin warping from stone grey to pale pink and covered only by long, black hair, splayed over her unconscious form.

Her breathing is slow and ragged. A series of wires and gadgets are attached to her flesh, which fall aside as her body returns to normal. Her eyes are shut in pain, the right side of her abdomen cut and bleeding, but not heavily. Indeed, the weeping wound seems about ready to shut; despite the beating you just gave them (it? her?), they recover quicker than you expected. A small gadget falls aside amidst the mass of useless junk that once made up their body, catching Haruko's eye.

This Zoanthrope, at least, was a person. No, is a person. They aren't dead yet.

And now questions ought to be asked, while you have time.
Meanwhile.....
A young man arrives outside the park, clad in a long coat, short black hair ruffled by the wind and dark grey eyes focused on the carnage within the National Garden, the flames still going but dying out and the sounds of emergency sirens approaching.

In the long bag he carried were tools of his trade, for he was no ordinary young man. Indeed, no ordinary young man would have set foot so close to the site of a Zoanthrope attack.

This was Hideyuki Ito, Makai Knight of Touto. (Hideyuki may now post.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:59:57 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 15, 2018, 11:26:57 am »

"I'm late."

That was frustrating. He was used to showing up to things like this before they got out of hand, dealing with them quickly and quietly, and then leaving again before anything got overly complicated. Today, that didn't seem to be the case. Inconvenient, at best.

The young man sighs, slinging the bag back over his shoulder, contemplating for a moment leaving. Then again, while this wasn't a Horror, someone had dealt with it... Rather sloppily, too, considering that everything is on fire, and they obviously weren't just going to stop... apparently using high explosives to deal with supernatural threats. And fire. Which... to be fair, fire isn't a bad option, but... they seem to have applied it rather liberally.

"Best to head that off before it gets any worse."

He sighs, reaching up to rub the heel of his palm against his forehead, and starts walking toward the place that seems the most bombed-out, wagering that that'd most likely be where they managed to finish the thing. He'd at least get an eye on whomever did this.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #206 on: February 15, 2018, 07:00:37 pm »

Something amidst the rubble distracted Haruko - she hadn't been particularly fazed by the burst of steam, given that it likely wasn't even hotter than her core temperature at the moment. She was conflicted - investigate the girl, or investigate the strange gadget? From what she could tell, both were in much better condition than one would expect from being inside a giant whale monster thing. Or were they part of the whale? It was weird.

For anyone trying to locate the group, Haruko likely stood out of the pack (though they were all rather eye-catching in their own ways) simply by dint of her relatively massive silhouette; her wings were outstretched, being ruffled by the breeze, as she idly attempted to lose some heat as she considered the conundrum before her.
GM of Trespassers V2.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 15, 2018, 07:15:50 pm »

#1: A winged girl. Corvid, from the wing shape and coloration. From the distortion of the air around her, her body is emitting a great deal of heat. Likely the source of the detonations and fires in the area. Either reckless, stupid, or both.

#2: What evidently is the remains of the incident. Not much seen as of now, but the epicenter of the destruction seemed to be where it had fallen. A lingering haze surrounds it as well, something like steam.

#3: There was a large group around the crow. A team? No, not necessarily. A group, more like. Anything more is making assumptions, but they likely were what had dealt with the Incident.

Best course of action... get closer and investigate. hiding likely impossible, but he can always say he was just curious about the explosions, wanted to see if anyone was hurt. His stride quickens slightly into somewhat of a jog toward the group, or more accurately, toward the area in general, not really trying to hide himself, and in fact approaching in such a way that it's almost impossible for them to not see him. Likely, they were wannabe heroes, and he could gather some information from them.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:42 pm »

Amelie noticed the man approaching first. "Oh hey, it's a person!" she said, floating up for a bit before suddenly flying towards him at high speed feet first. She came to a stop just in front of him, without really a slowing down period. "Hey there~!" she says cheerfully, cat tail flicking around as she floated in the air for a few moments before letting gravity reassert itself. "It's probably safe now, but some guys are coming to take care of things. Sooo you should stay back a bit!" she said, pointing to the helicopters. She considered whether she should let her boring normal self take control yet, but decided not to do so until the zoanthrope-girl-thing was gone.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 15, 2018, 07:42:18 pm »

He blinks, acting rather surprised when she suddenly swooped up to him, smiling broadly, if a little nervously. "Oh, I see. Sorry to bother, then, I just heard all the explosions and things, thought I would see if anyone was hurt... I have medical supplies in my bag if they're needed?" Unlikely, and not a lie, he did carry a light trauma kit with him in his bag for emergencies. "Sorry, I'm being rather rude, aren't I? I'm Hideyuki Ito, it's a pleasure to meet you." His manner remains affable, though internally he's a little amused that of all the things to have in a group like this, there's a nekomimi. Figures.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:47:57 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 65