Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 43996 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spark
« Reply #180 on: December 21, 2017, 11:42:00 am »

Get the hell out of the way.
[[2] 2 5 5 4 6 2 4 3 6]

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2017, 11:43:48 am »

Juliet summons more stuff from her bag and throws it at the Zoanthrope en masse.  She makes a mental note to get some heavier stuff to throw.  Maybe a toaster or something.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 23, 2017, 12:20:11 am »

Viv feels absolutely hammered after that, but... something within her makes her feel jazzed with energy, and she rushes back into the fray.

Swinging her arm around to gain momentum, Viv charges in for a massive jab on the beast's right, weakened flesh, stabbing into it with two sharpened fingers.

[Worldline rerolled, Will used]
[61 5 5 4 4 3 4 4 1]
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 23, 2017, 12:23:21 am »

Seeing the end of the fight in sight, Agatha does her part in ensuring that the Zoanthrope cannot perform a last second trick or evasion. Another Maws of the Earth is overkill, so as such she goes for the simpler Earth Meld, firing a few stone spikes at the Zoanthrope for good measure.

Alteration: Use a 3
Earth Meld: Burn the right most 4

[2 4 1 5 3 3 4 6 4 1]

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2018, 12:22:35 am »

Upon being bashed upon by the beast, Yui panics. She very quickly shuffles to her feet, finding her legs in pain. Well, the pain was everywhere, and she was pretty sure something wasn't right with her arm, but she very quickly tried to skate away and heal.

If a number if needed for the heal, use the first 3.

World Line: [1 5 3 4 5 6 1 2 2 2]
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2018, 07:36:28 am »

Amelie doesn't wait around - she isn't filling up to a big kick, but she can use her distance to build up momentum for a kick at the weakened part, before retreating to heal someone.

Alteration to a rightmost 4, use up second-to-last 4 for Healing Magic on Juliet.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 27, 2018, 06:09:11 pm »

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
[Now Playing: Enhanced Zoanthrope Override ~Taurus Demon~]

The maws holding the Zoanthrope in place splinter and buckle, before cracking as the beast releases itself from its hold, yanking itself out of the ground with a ferocious, primal strength, knowing full well what is about to happen if it doesn't try to escape. With a ferocious swipe, it smashes Suzu aside, ramming her into one of the only remaining trees that haven't burned down or haven't been smashed aside in its rampage. The girl immediately untransforms, slumping to the ground unconscious from the force of the blow. Suzu is down.

Maki scrabbles out of the way, the breath knocked out of her body. She doesn't quite manage it, tripping over some rubble and scrabbling to her knees. Yui is more successful pulling herself to her own feet, skating away as her magical notes heal her a little bit, patching her up. Sato rushes to their side, his sword almost singing in the air as he runs towards you.

The world pauses for just a moment as the Zoanthrope spies Yui, limping away. Ignoring all other threats, the Zoanthrope in its rage prepares to avenge itself with another energy attack, trying to drag her in as its mouth opens, a red orb gathering inside of it-

[Now Playing: Sato Theme Override ~Til When?~]

And Sato seizes his chance.

Rushing in with unrivalled speed, he slashes at its wounded side as fast as the eye can see, his blade practically a blur, rending cut after cut into its flesh like so much butchered meat. This was what Sato was good at; not sheer, brute force, not underhanded guile, but speed like lightning, floating like a leaf in the wind. And no mere Zoanthrope, not even an empowered one like this, could possibly ever hope to keep up.

The beast turns to attack him instead, aiming to blast him to knock him away or stop him, but Sato is too quick, too agile, and as the blast of energy exits the Zoanthrope's mouth, Sato slashes into it with one cut, simultaneously instinctive and yet practiced and honed. The energy, however, doesn't dissipate, but seems to be sucked into Sato's blade, strengthening his attacks and turning its final hope against it.

His blade glows with the energy attained, and Sato prepares to finish it....
The Cetus Zoanthrope has been defeated. How do you deal the final blow?
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 06:13:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2018, 11:12:09 am »

Sato plunges his blade directly into the Zoanthrope's head (or a rough approximate), the burst of energy surging through its body and almost seeming to electrocute it. With Haruko's plasma scorching and searing its flesh and shell and the attacks of the others landing not long after, the beast is forced onto its side, letting out a wounded groan as it slumps over. The distant sound of the distinctive helicopters belonging to the Eden Foundation, whose troopers you've seen around the city, watching out for Zoanthrope attacks, can be heard approaching the park.

The park's on fire, most of the entrance is destroyed, some of you have seen better days, the mayor's probably been traumatised and the whale's body is still there, but at least the day's save-

And then it hits you. The whale's body is still there.

Most of you who have fought Zoanthropes know the drill; the Zoanthrope shows up, you beat the stuffing out of it, it fights back, you beat it up some more until it disappears in a flash of light with no body. This thing took enough punishment you know you've gotten it past the point where it should have disappeared.

But it hasn't. It's still here, still mortally wounded, still standing.

And it's still breathing.

The Zoanthrope, for whatever reason, hasn't vanished. Indeed, far from how dangerous it seemed earlier, it seems far less so, far more vulnerable and weak; a dying animal, waiting to be left in peace, rather than the dangerous threat it was just a moment before.

Suddenly, the voice that calls itself Lapis pokes itself into your heads again.
It hasn't disappeared yet. It should have disappeared by now. Perhaps.....this is an opportunity. The people who call themselves the Eden Foundation......I do not trust them, but maybe if you let it stay where it is, they'll be able to find out where they come from, or what they are, or why they're attacking us. It might provide valuable information while alive.

Or.....perhaps it is too much of a threat to be allowed to live. Perhaps you should finish it off to protect the city and maybe it'll vanish like all the others or maybe it won't. I can't do either and I can't tell you what'll happen, so maybe you should decide.

Will you finish off the Zoanthrope, or will you spare its life and allow the Eden Foundation to deal with it?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:15:04 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2018, 09:38:34 am »

Yamato lets his arms fall to his sides, breathing a sigh of relief as he does so. Weariness filled his entire being; going all out for so long the way he had wasn't exactly an easy thing to keep up. The day wasn't anywhere near over yet though.
"I'd say we finish it off here and now, but if that foundation's on the way, we should probably leave it to them. They'll be able to do more with it than we can, anyway."
He eyes the whale creature's wounds, as well as its limbs.
"It might not be alive long enough to glean anything from, though."
His piece said, he shakily sits down facing the Zoanthrope, watching. Now was the worst time to let his guard down, with the tricks this thing had pulled off.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 11:16:21 am by BlitzDungeoneer »
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2018, 09:45:07 am »

"He has a point. It's still dangerous, but if those Eden guys could figure out where they're coming from from this...."
Maki tries to hold herself in a wary stance, facing the Zoanthrope. She wasn't nearly as well-trained as Sato, but damn if she wasn't good enough to know what to expect.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2018, 01:35:56 pm »

"I uh... I'll just be over here for n-now. Ow..."
Yui rubs a a large bruise that's already beginning to appear on her arm, wincing as she does so.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 04, 2018, 02:20:19 pm »

Sato almost jolts upwards at the sound of Frestique's voice, the shaky movements a far cry from the grace he utilized during battle. He doesn't take his eyes off the Zoanthrope, but he does his best to give the rest of the group a quick glance, at the very least.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't think of it since I'm not used to fightin' along with other people... Is everyone- well, obviously not alright, but not too hurt, at least?"

A second, slightly longer look is given to Presto Frestique, before his stare lands squarely on the Zoanthrope again.

"And not to sound rude or anything, but can't you, y'know, heal yourself or somethin'?"

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2018, 02:25:09 pm »

"I've....had better days. Wearing a suit of armor helps a little less than you'd think."
Maki winces and is simultaneously thankful that her face is hidden behind her helmet so she can look a little cooler than she feels and lamenting the existence of full body plate.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2018, 02:37:24 pm »

Amelie finally lands, tail flicking around as she regains her balance. "Aaaand she sticks the landing~!" she says, walking up to Maki. "Could be worse! You could not have someone like me around~" she gives Maki a hard pat on the shoulder, applying healing magic as she does so. "Welll, we could kill the thing, or we could let the Foundation guys do it. I'll follow your guys' lead, the other me's way better at this kinda thinking than I am and I'm not letting her have the reigns until we're sure we're all safe and healthy!" She promptly walks over to Yui. "Heeey, cutie, you need some help~?" she asks, and without waiting for an answer applies her healing to the injury.

Amelie... always got like this in magical form. It's something with her power, that seems to turn her into almost someone else when she uses it. A bit more bubbly and confident than normal. Maybe too confident.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #194 on: February 04, 2018, 04:16:15 pm »

Haruko, for her part, either didn't actually notice Lapis's message or simply didn't care. She'd bounced backward into the air after her strike landed (somewhat clumsily as one might have expected) and raised her hand into the air one more time. "What, it's not done yet?" Another orb of plasma began to coalesce in her palm; she also didn't seem to notice that the rest of the group had ceased their assault.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 65