Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1904 Battle Phase  (Read 28754 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1891 Design Phase
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2017, 07:08:28 pm »

Wild Boar 5-pounder Cannon
As loud and violent as its' namesake, the Wild Boar is a bronze cannon superficially similar to the enemies' gun. However, it is slightly smaller than their cannon, with a long barrel for its caliber, to give it great range and high muzzle velocity. It is mounted on our Water Wolf ships, with one gun per side, capable of pointing almost directly forwards (Mounted towards the bow and placed so they can fire past it) as well as sideways. If possible, time is spent on a light limber for horse-towing usage.

Well, crap. This is getting saved for later, I guess. Might use a modified version as our first iron-cast cannon. Those are *much* lighter than bronze ones, and cheaper (Copper is rare, and tin is even worse).

Sea Wolf
A Water Wolf modified to take two chase guns and a two-gun broadside, preserving maneuverability (And room for archers). The guns are, of course, Shonkhor Cannons, with the mount modified to allow generous horizontal traversal and *stay put* on a ship (Read: We put cute little tracks on the deck and a ROPE so the guns can't roll out).
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1891 Revision Phase
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2017, 07:13:36 pm »

Tis' I, zee rope salesman! Would any of you like to buy some to keep cannonballs from falling out your guns while in transit? Non, I will not tell you how the rope with do that.

* Aseaheru twirls their moustache and dunks an Éclair in their mug of tea.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2017, 07:22:22 pm »

Sea Wolf
A Water Wolf modified to take two chase guns and a two-gun broadside, preserving maneuverability (And room for archers). The guns are, of course, Shonkhor Cannons, with the mount modified to allow generous horizontal traversal and *stay put* on a ship (Read: We put cute little tracks on the deck and a ROPE so the guns can't roll out).
Maybe try to squeeze more into revision like better, more expensive sails? We are going to get a more expensive vessel anyway
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2017, 07:29:02 pm »

I vote for madman's revision

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »

Tis' I, zee rope salesman! Would any of you like to buy some to keep cannonballs from falling out your guns while in transit? Non, I will not tell you how the rope with do that.

* Aseaheru twirls their moustache and dunks an Éclair in their mug of tea.

That's not what the rope is for, Asea.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1891 Design Phase
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2017, 08:16:25 pm »

Well, crap. This is getting saved for later, I guess. Might use a modified version as our first iron-cast cannon. Those are *much* lighter than bronze ones, and cheaper (Copper is rare, and tin is even worse).
They also tend to explode randomly.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2017, 08:19:53 pm »

That's not what the rope is for, Asea.
Ah, but it is not mon fought that you do not know all zee uses of my fine, quality rope!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2017, 08:36:01 pm »

I propose putting something on our guns to protect the match. if we put a leather strap over it, the match is protected form wind, mist, and light rain.

Matchlock's Match Lock
A simple leather cover that covers up a smoldering match, and protects it from the elements to a good degree. Quick, easy, and efficient.

Avanti!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2017, 08:53:52 pm »

Alrighty, then, hello! I'm joining in. Might as well just jump in, then.

I propose putting something on our guns to protect the match. if we put a leather strap over it, the match is protected form wind, mist, and light rain.

Matchlock's Match Lock
A simple leather cover that covers up a smoldering match, and protects it from the elements to a good degree. Quick, easy, and efficient.

This is good, quit good. But heavier rains yield faster winds. Faster winds equals more of a chance that the strap's on the cover can blow off. Still, base idea is sound and will work aside from those conditions.

I vote for the Matchlock's Match Lock to go up.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2017, 08:54:36 pm »

But if we do that we can safely assume that we'll lose out at sea.
Let's not do that, alright?

Only a set of idiots wouldn't put their cannon on a boat.

Kot, no, they don't, those are the non-cast iron ones, the built-up iron cannons made of 'hoops'. And it's not technically cast iron, but rather iron that has been cast (Cast iron is iron/steel with a LOT of carbon in it, it's heat-resistant but very, VERY brittle).

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »

Yes, what Madman said. We MUST NOT lose our chance at taking the islands completely.

Once we have them then we can easily entrench over time and just focus on winning the land war for a bit.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:11 pm »

Actually, maybe we should push the mountain, try to preserve the navy. The Nafunans (if they aren't morons) have gotten boats, at this point, and possibly boats with cannons. I support Madman.

Quote from: Votebox
Sea Wolf (2): Madman198237, DoubloonSeven
Matchlock's Match Lock (1): Greatness942
Shonkhor Wolf Cannon (1): Thanatos Russ

Avanti!

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »

Actually, if they're not morons they've gotten ships with CANNONS, not just ships.

Sea Wolf (3): Madman198237, DoubloonSeven, Thanatos Russ

You missed his (non-bolded and NOT IN A VOTE BOX) vote.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2017, 02:23:07 am »

Sea Wolf (4): Madman198237, DoubloonSeven, Thanatos Russ, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2017, 03:21:25 am »

Easy 2 (I really hope your luck turns soon, also feels bad.)
Sea Wolf The Sea wolf is simply a water wolf with the new cannon design strapped on with minimal loss to the ships speed, unfortunately, this limits the ships use in the ocean as the cannons make the ship a bit bow heavy, and as such, in rough seas the ship has the unfortunate effect of having the bow of the ship and the chaser cannons getting more water then it should and ruining the gunpowder. It should be noted this isn't bad enough to sink the ship unless it is in a bad storm in which there was a chance of that happening anyway. This doesn't have any effect in calm seas however, and hopefully, our future engagements are even more effective then before. However, due to the cannons being complex, the design is too, sadly.

It is now the Battle Phase, the Khan hopes your work will be put to good use.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:04:49 am by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33