Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1904 Battle Phase  (Read 52583 times)

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1896 Design Phase
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2017, 03:47:03 pm »

Hard: 2
Khenthap 6’’ cannon:
So, how to explain this...We managed to get the shells right, and the cannon to an extent, however, whenever fired it tends to get...stuck. We managed to find out far to late that our little oil and air plan failed as the air commonly escaped as the tube tends to get damaged and then becomes useless. There is also the issue of the shells not going off properly, leading to it getting stuck in the barrel, or sometimes even exploding in the barrel, luckily when this happens, it only damages the inside of the barrel and doesn't kill everyone nearby. Regardless, we are quite sure that this would be a very very useful cannon and a revolution in artillery if it actually worked to its full potential. For now, its unreliable and prone to braking, making it mostly useless for the moment and its very complex. Cost 4 ore Very complex -Very Expensive

It is now the Revision Phase, Neferu is surprised, but still believes strongly in you.

Khenthap 6’’ cannon revision
The cannon is to be brought to it's original specifications. That's literally all this has to do. If that works, introducing armor-piercing crushable jacket rounds is to be done, and other general improvements.

We are not renaming it, and the joke Mandemon will inevitably pull is demanding of reparation from the Pharaoh.

Edit: Right on cue, Mandemon. Anyways, Piratejoe said this would be either Hard or Normal as a revision, but given we have the pre-req. equipment and sunk a design into this, it should be Normal.
Edit:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:59:51 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1896 Revision Phase
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2017, 03:50:03 pm »

This is all your fault. Naming it Rhenthap caused it. YOU BROKE THE THEME. This is all your fault. Let's fix it.

Quote from: Revision Votes

Khenthap Djer 6’’ cannon revision (1): Mandemon

█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2017, 03:56:17 pm »

This is all your fault. Naming it Rhenthap caused it. YOU BROKE THE THEME. This is all your fault. Let's fix it.

And speak of the devil.

Khenthap Djer 6" cannon revision (1): Thanik
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:11:12 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2017, 03:58:39 pm »

And speak of the devil.

Khenthap cannon revision (2): Mandemon, Thanik

Don't you try this, you decided to rename my desing, I am going to tell you we are renaming it back to it's proper name so it actually works. We are going by Pharaos, not randomly jumping around based on "cool names".

Khenthap cannon revision (1): Thanik
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2017, 04:04:47 pm »

And speak of the devil.

Don't you try this, you decided to rename my desing, I am going to tell you we are renaming it back to it's proper name so it actually works. We are going by Pharaos, not randomly jumping around based on "cool names".

Said king's wife, that is. Neferu would agree she was more interesting than the old crank anyways. It's named Khenthap either way, so I don't see why we'd change the name in a revision just for the lolz. If worse comes to worst we can just name it the Djer-Khenthap after the marital couple, increasing it's power twofold.

The goal is the same - fix the cannon.

Edit: Said 'attempt' wasn't even serious anyways. I apologize, I expected you to do something similar in turn as a form of banter given the design phase.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 04:10:48 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2017, 04:13:00 pm »

And speak of the devil.

Said king's wife, that is. Neferu would agree she was more interesting than the old crank anyways. It's named Khenthap either way, so I don't see why we'd change the name in a revision just for the lolz. If worse comes to worst we can just name it the Djer-Khenthap after the marital couple, increasing it's power twofold.

Edit: Said 'attempt' wasn't even serious anyways. I apologize, I expected you to do something similar in turn as a form of banter given the design phase.

Nope, guns are named after Pharaohs and Djer is next. After Djer, there is Djet, Den, Anedjib, Semerkhet, Qa'a and Sneferka.

Because of your unfaithfulness, we rolled low. Shame on you.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2017, 04:19:15 pm »

And speak of the devil.

Nope, guns are named after Pharaohs and Djer is next. After Djer, there is Djet, Den, Anedjib, Semerkhet, Qa'a and Sneferka.

Inb4 had we picked Djer we would've gotten an unfixable, buggy mess. :B
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Mandemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2017, 05:02:26 pm »

And speak of the devil.

Inb4 had we picked Djer we would've gotten an unfixable, buggy mess. :B

I promise you, rename it back to Djer as it was supposed to and we roll 6.
█████
█████
NOGRANIA SHALL NEVER DIE

Cannalan Pirate

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2017, 05:19:22 pm »

Khenthap Djer 6" cannon revision (2): Thanik, Taricus
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:21 pm »

Khenthap Djer 6’’ cannon revision (2): Mandemon, NAV
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2017, 05:44:16 pm »

Khenthap Djer 6’’ cannon revision (3): Mandemon, NAV, Zanzetkuken
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:05 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 22, 2017, 12:04:28 am »

Khenthap 6’’ cannon simplification

While the auto loading system was revolutionary, it was clearly also beyond our abilities right now.  To salvage the project a manual breech loader replaces the automatic piston one to load the prepacked shells.  This should still drastically increase our range, damage potential and firing speed without risking another total failure or too expensive to use system.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 22, 2017, 12:53:15 am »

Khenthap 6’’ cannon simplification

While the auto loading system was revolutionary, it was clearly also beyond our abilities right now.  To salvage the project a manual breech loader replaces the automatic piston one to load the prepacked shells.  This should still drastically increase our range, damage potential and firing speed without risking another total failure or too expensive to use system.

The auto-ejection (different from autoloading) isn't said to be 'out of our abilities'. The fact the design was merely hard reflects this, and the revision should be normal difficulty.
Noble Nafuni Engineer

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 22, 2017, 01:01:14 am »

It is still very complex, meaning it is out of our range for industrial production.  We won't have enough of them to matter even if it works.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37