Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37

Author Topic: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1904 Battle Phase  (Read 52491 times)

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
  • I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel.
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1902 Design Phase
« Reply #495 on: January 09, 2018, 05:40:44 pm »

Apophis Armoured Chariot
This vehicle was put together after investigating the Tos-Mori Truck. We have taken the W3L-Mk1 Engine and built our own four-wheeled chassis around it. Then we added a manually cranked turret and armed it with a Carrera S3M2. The gun is aimed with a the aid of a scope. The driver is set back next to the turret allowing us to more heavily armour the front of the vehicle and make use of a closeable armoured flap for visual access. When closed the driver needs to rely on directions from the gunner. The rest of the vehicle is otherwise lightly armoured. The wheels are left unarmoured and designed for ease of maintenance. We envision this vehicle filling the role of the chariot as a scout and skirmisher, so the crew may benefit from being equipped with binoculars. Entry and exit from the vehicle is via a door in the rear.

Quote from: Votebox
Designs:

1902 Royal Army Rehaul (0):
Selket Class Light Armoured Cruiser (0):
Amenei-Class Nushunefu (0):
Ear of Horus 'Eoch' Electric Telegraph (1): Thanik
Apophis (1): Talion

I am aware that a combat vehicle would be nice, but do we really want one now? And I'd like to say that the Apophis is underarmed, doesn't do enough to improve the engine and isn't really THAT specific for our *first armored car*. I'll post my own suggestion, if you *really* want one, but I'm pretty damn sure we should wait a turn before we get into that. Hell! It doesn't even make the Carrera reliable for prolonged fire by, I don't know, having a thicker barrel or something, or fix anything about it. This is a machine gun that relies on changing barrels. How do you expect to use it on a vehicle?

We're losing at sea. They'll probably try and match our artillery advantage. WE have a counter to any kind of armor they can field, they don't have a counter to ours and won't get one any time soon. Now's the time to do something on another front, and next turn we can field a combat vehicle and revision it into mobile artillery - massively boosting our forces.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:42:43 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 09, 2018, 05:45:44 pm »

Designs:

1902 Royal Army Rehaul (1): Taricus
Ear of Horus 'Eoch' Electric Telegraph (1): Thanik
Apophis (1): Talion
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 09, 2018, 07:22:16 pm »

Kadesh Armored Mechanical Chariot (AMC-02V8)
Given the advancements made in the field of internal combustion engines, thanks to the foreign agent that allowed our engineers to overview Project Horse and the fruits of it's labor, the Tos-Mori truck and the W3L-Mk1 Engine, the Kadesh represents an innovation in the field of mobile warfare and should revolutionize the concept of a chariot, bringing it to the modern age. It represents a 16 foot high, 6 foot 4 inch wide, 8 foot high leaf-suspension equipped 4-wheeled vehicle housing a driver, commander and gunner within a single space connecting the turret and the cabin, and driven by a new 72 hp water-cooled Mark I W1AMC-02V8 8-cylinder V engine located in front of the driving cabin. The Kadesh is designated as an armored mechanical chariot, with light armor, around 0.6 inches thick, on the sides and back and 1.2-inch sloped armor on the front and on the turret, as well as it's armament consisting of a belt fed 1.6-inch Sekhmet mounted in a manually cranked, cylindrical turret, with casings ejected into a hopper on one side of the weapon, and a specifically adapted Carrera S3M2 (with a thicker barrel, so it doesn't have to be replaced nearly as often) in the commander's seat, further designated as the Carrera S3M2VA (Series 3, Model 2, Vehicle Adaptation). Both the commander and driver possess closeable armored flaps. Should the flaps be closed, the driver must rely on directions from the gunner. The vehicle's guns are aimed with the use of a scope, and the turret has thin upper observation slits giving the gunner a larger field of awareness when now directly engaging enemies. In addition to the four wheels directly in use in combat, the vehicle also features two reserve wheels on the sides, in front of the side doors which serve as the vehicle's main point of entry and exit, in case of a blown tire during combat or when crossing treacherous terrain. To aid in the chariot's potential role as a scout and / or skirmisher, the gunner and commander are equipped with binoculars, and an additional hatch is located above the commander's seat, allowing him to look outside the vehicle and direct the driver when out of combat, as well as on top of the turret, for when the vehicle needs to be evacuated fast. An empty trunk is also located in the back of the vehicle, enabling it to carry supplies or transport a small number of troops should the need for that arise - maximizing utility. The vehicles estimated weight, given it's armament, size, armor, crew and load is around 11000 pounds, but due to it's improved engine it should be capable of reaching speeds of up to 45 mph, matching the speed of the Marthad Mark I T1LT-1W truck.

My take on an eventual armored vehicle.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:33:55 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 09, 2018, 07:35:35 pm »

Designs:

1902 Royal Army Rehaul (1): Taricus
Ear of Horus 'Eoch' Electric Telegraph (0):
Apophis Armored Chariot (1): Talion
Kadesh Armored Mechanical Chariot (AMC-02V8) (1): Thanik

Added the Kadesh to the votebox.

Edit: I've changed my vote after reconsidering the effects of a proper armored vehicle this turn, assuming we go all in instead of trying to go for something we can get in a revision. Should it come out fine, we would have the next turn or two to work on the other issues, such as our naval situation (a revamp is in order anyhow) and extending our artillery range with a proper telegraph network.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:43:24 pm by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:26 pm »

You may aswell shove some parascopes on that armored car.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 11, 2018, 08:15:45 pm »

Very Hard: 4
Kadesh Armored Mechanical Chariot (AMC-02V8):
The Kadesh Armored Mechanical Chariot is our first attempt to make a vehicle with our knowledge and skill, unfortunately, most of our time was spent on the engine, which still suffers the slight issue of not being as fast as we want, as it also only produced 65 HP when we got a proper engine up and running. However, despite the decent engine, we had trouble working with the actual armor of the car, as it took time and the few times we tried, it made it prone to tipping over to one side or another, and due to time constraints, we just striped it to about .4 of an inch, or 10 mm if you are a Karikhitan spy. Their was no issue in adding the guns or anything else however, and we believe despite these setbacks, it will be quite useful and work well. Costs 2 Ore, 2 oil -Expensive

It is now the Revision Phase, the Pharaoh is pleased.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:41:13 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1902 Revision Phase
« Reply #504 on: January 11, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »

1902 Infantry Weapon Overhaul
Following several bugs pilling in regarding our army's firearms, Reseph and Carrera entered a joint endeavour to increase the reliability and remove the issues with the most glarring examples - the Vera semi-automatic rifle and the Cheops PMG, bringing both up to their original specifications. If possible include 'Automatic firing mode' as functional in Vera as per original specs.
 (Note: Vera Specifications changed in revision ever so slightly after we rolled it)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:32:26 am by Thanik »
Noble Nafuni Engineer

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 12, 2018, 09:12:47 pm »

1902 Infantry Weapon Overhaul (2): Thanik, Taricus

TheFantasticMsFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Ckk Ckk
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 12, 2018, 10:03:03 pm »

1902 Infantry Weapon Overhaul (3): Thanik, Taricus, TFF

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 15, 2018, 02:17:51 am »

Very Hard 5
1902 Infantry Weapon Overhaul:
The work to fix both the Cheops and Vera have gone fairly well, the trigger on the Cheops has been fixed so it no longer gets stuck all the time and the issues that the Vera suffered are gone as well, making both reliable and effective weapons in combat, however, while we where able to fix all of these issues, they took too much of our limited time to work on the original version of the Vera much, and a fully automatic version of the Vera is still not within our grasp just yet, but still, we have done some minor work to getting it there. At least all of its own old bugs and the Cheops own where fixed.

It is now the Battle Phase, Pharaoh Neferu is very happy with your work.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Thanik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Nafuna, 1902 Battle Phase
« Reply #509 on: January 15, 2018, 02:23:16 am »

Splendid! This should now be a lethal one-two punch to their land forces, what with the introduction of a very effective semi-automatic and with our Cheops fixed, as well as with the Kadesh ready to split them a new one. I think it is imperative that we attack the swamp and the hills, as we'll have a bigger chance of capturing both this turn given our advantages (we were a hair away with a buggy Cheops given our artillery advantage~!).

Quote from: Battle Plans
Swamps (1): Thanik
Hills (1): Thanik
Ruins (0):
Noble Nafuni Engineer
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 37