Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10  (Read 11863 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 5
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 08:43:32 pm »

"Ya coulda told me der was nuthin' in 'ere!" Gorrog snarled in frustration at his measly finds. He gave the human body a kick, before leaving the room and seeking out better loot elsewhere.

Action:Head north, then east into unknown area.

Spoiler: Gorrog Steelface (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2017, 09:01:01 pm »

"Stop zoggin takin' awl da useful bits before I kan git dim ya grots! Ugh, fine den, me'll go git sumthing mi self den, nub loike ya twuu wuud be useful in ony scrap." Zragtagas said annoyed before going to the northern room hoping to find something nice that wouldn't be stolen by the sneeky git or the probably soon to be flash git.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game (Testing, testing 1, 2, 3...)
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 07:59:01 am »

Leaping into serious thought for a few moments, the ork eventually replies to Deffstalka.
"I wanna have me one of dem mek boys, build me a big shoota, y'zee." Holding up the cables, as if to illustrate his point, he continues.
"Mek boys liek dis' stuff. Nawt gonna gif it up foa sum meezly squig-hide." Having said his piece, Bragga stowed his loot back... where-ever he kept it before. Don't you mind that part, now.
He also kept trailing alongside of Deffstalka, quite possibly intent on repeating what had happened between them just moments before, if he were to get another chance to do so.

Braga, #4, goes South.
Did anybody just say "maximum intenvtory when"? Well, it surely wasn't me. Pin it on someone else.

Map Number: 4
Name: Bragga
Skill: Shoota
Wounds: Nuffin'
Inventory: Choppa, Slugga (Ork MP), 4 Scrap, 1 Electronic Scrap, 1 Squig-hide Leather

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:25 am »

@Funk: Just need your action yet. Turn deadline is tomorrow morning. I'll assume you want to try again with your last action if you don't post, but posting will advance the game sooner.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 12:42:58 pm »

Explore to the north east door
Spoiler: Gorknak (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 01:10:54 pm »

Deffstalka and Braga head down the south hall, (danger: 4) encountering nothing worse than a bad smell, (loot:1,6 deffstalka loot table: 2) well, a smell and a bit of scrap Deffstalka snaps up. (Deffstalka gains 2 scrap)

Gorrog Steelface (danger: 3, loot: 6) thunders through the door and into a small, empty, room. Well, there is some stuff, but nothing obviously lootable.

Zragtagas (danger: 6, loot: 2 loot table: 0:1&3) practically stumbles over a rusted out servitor chassis, sadly it is too damaged to get much from, but he does manage to recover a little. (You gain 2 scrap)

Gorknak (danger: 4, loot: 5) slips into the hall, finding nothing but more corridors and doors.

((I really need to balance this some for mission 2, it needs to be easier to find loot early on, without being too dangerous))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game (Testing, testing 1, 2, 3...)
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 01:19:50 pm »

Bracing himself for yet another disappointing room, Bragga readies himself to enter through the nearby door.
"Dis better be good, now."
You get the slight feeling, that it could go either way, really.

Braga, #4, goes West.

Map Number: 4
Name: Bragga
Skill: Shoota
Wounds: Nuffin'
Inventory: Choppa, Slugga (Ork MP), 4 Scrap, 1 Electronic Scrap, 1 Leather

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 6
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 01:34:19 pm »

Zragtagas, pleased with themselves over the fact they actually found some more scrap, continues foreword down the hall in the hopes to find himself more loot.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 03:03:48 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 02:17:47 pm »

"Roight. Looks loike I gotta trade this thing to some ovver boy."

Spoiler: Deffstalka (click to show/hide)

Into dat room to zog woteva is in dere!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:21:25 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »

((You may want to update your inventory. I think you have 2 scrap and a leather chunk.))

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »

"Well... dat was borin'," Gorrog grumbled at the empty room. He kept on lumbering through the corridors, carrying his choppa over one shoulder. "Zog me, dere better be sum decent krumpin' left 'ere, or I's gonna be right pissed. Oi! Anyone know where da good fightin's at?!"

Action: Head east, then to the unknown area to the southeast.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 09:13:44 pm »

Explore to the south east door
Spoiler: Gorknak (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 10:11:18 pm »

((Ok, first an apology: This map isn't all that great. I made it small for the pilot game, and combined with some "issues" with the loot system you guys are hitting the hard areas without any equipment. I have some ideas to fix the loot problems, but they won't really work until game 2. Oh well, lets roll the dice and see how things go!))

Deffstalka and Braga (danger: 3) are the first orks to run into trouble, specifically a foraging party of mutants. Deffstalka (stealth: 3-1) manages to slip around to the side, before Bragga (light weapon: 2-1) charges in shooting. The mutants are caught flat-footed, although one of them does manage to gash Bragga's arm. (Bragga takes a -1pt wound, Deffstalka, the lucky SOB, rolls well enough to escape unscathed) (loot: 3,1 deffstalka, 1&2:2&3,2 bragga: 2) Once the bodies are looted Deffstalka ends up with a small can of purple paint, and 4 scrap, while Bragga pockets 2 scrap of his own!

(danger: 1) However the first two are not the only ones to encounter hostiles, Zragtagas runs into something much more ominous, a genestealer! Only one, and a not very attentive one at that, since he manages to catch it unaware and krumps it good. (loot: 4) He is far too busy making sure it is very flat to look for loot.

(danger: 2) Gork (or maybe Mork?) must have been listening to Gorrog Steelface's grumbling, as the very next room did indeed have something for him to krump. Nothing too dangerous, just a lightly armed mutant, but this one was alert and managed to put up a fight before going down. However, nothing it could do would penetrate his tough hide. (loot: 1) The loot is a little scarce, but a quick search turns up a respectable 3 scrap.

(danger: 2) Gorknak ends up in a bit of a tussle with some squeaky little runts of some sort (stealth: 3-1) but since he managed to catch them unaware they don't pose much challenge. (loot: 4, loot table: 1&3:2&3,1:2&2,1) Just to make everything perfect, the room practically overflows with loot. He finally staggers away with a small, but working engine, some random mechanical parts, some blue paint, and 3 scrap! (I really don't think you need blue paint, but that is what you rolled)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 11:06:28 pm »

((It's fine. Don't take Gorrog's grumbling personally, he's just being an ork. I'm enjoying the game.))

The battle was furious but brief. In the end, Gorrog was left grinning with the butchered remains of the mutant. "Har har har har! Not a bad scrap! An' not bad scrap either!" He chuckled, as he gathered up the loot in the room. "... huh... den again, sumfin funny lookin' bout dis 'umie. 'es got extra parts. 'umies don' 'ave..." He paused a moment, pointing and counting. "...three arms." After a moment spent in contemplation, he ripped one of the arms off of the corpse and chucked it aside. "Der, fixed ya. Anyway, I bet der's more good stuff 'ere! Der's red flashy loights 'ere, an' dat means good lootin'! ...Or maybe da room goes fasta? I's dunno..."

Action: Loot my current location.

Just curious, is the list in the OP of stuff the orks can craft comprehensive?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 11:13:37 pm »

((It's fine. Don't take Gorrog's grumbling personally, he's just being an ork. I'm enjoying the game.))

Oh, I figured, but the grumbling was so perfect for the situation :) BTW: I love how you "fixed" the mutant.

Just curious, is the list in the OP of stuff the orks can craft comprehensive?

Not at all. If you think of something cool you want to make that is not in the list ask and I'll give you a score. The current catagories are pretty vague though, so most things should fit in the existing list somewhere, particularly since the list is pretty much fluff free.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16