Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 10  (Read 11864 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game (Testing, testing 1, 2, 3...)
« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2017, 06:20:01 pm »

After a rather disappointing go at looting the room, the ork stomps of to better looting grounds. Or so he hopes.

Loot the Red Room

Map Number: 4
Name: Bragga
Skill: Shoota
Wounds: Almost Nuffin' - Gash on Arm -1 Point
Inventory: Choppa, Slugga (Ork MP), 17 Scrap, 1 Electronic Scrap, 2 Piles of Mechanical Parts, 1 Leather, 1 Paint

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game - Turn 9
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2017, 08:09:23 pm »

"Da here some wherez!"
Gorknak

Gorknak Will head back down the hall to the unopened door

Spoiler: Gorknak (click to show/hide)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2017, 09:06:53 pm »

You hear horns blowing in the distance, the others are packing up! Everyone scrambles to get the last bits done and ready. (2 turns until you need to start heading back)

Gorrog Steelface (danger: 3) gets his wish. As he steps into the hall a pair of genestealers charge around the corner, only to be blasted into ruins by his new toy. (loot: 2 table: 1&3:2&6,4) The blast of the weapon firing knocks some stuff loose from the ceiling (3 scrap, a chunk of leather, and some mechanical parts).

Deffstalka (loot: 4-1 table: 2&6,3:2&2,3) inspects an old vent cover, pulling it away to reveal a rotting bag full of stuff, someone's old cache? Inspecting the pack reveals some mechanical parts, scrap electronics, and 5 scrap.

Zragtagas settles in to build a replacement arm (crafting: 3+2). While having only one arm is an issue, his skill shines through, resulting in a fine replacement. ((I knew I was forgetting something! Rules for replacement parts. Hmm... Points x1 up to the wound value I think, then x4 above that. So, integrated power weapon, plus healing, 22 scrap, plus 8 more scrap worth of spikes and other cool bits)) The end result is an overcomplicated power arm with fold out chain choppa, and a hand designed to help bash stuff together. Perfect. (-30 scrap, removes your -6 point wound, adds a +6 point kustom mek arm that counts-as a power melee weapon.)

Bragga (loot: 2-1 table: 4) finds poor pickings (3 scrap). Maybe that pile over there will have more?

Gorknak (who seems to be using an old character sheet) (danger: 3) runs into what is surely a small genestealer nest. Luckily it seems most of them are out hunting, and even more luckily this was a very small group as such things go. The shredded and mostly consumed remainder of the grot scavenging team are scattered about the floor. In any case, the three remaining genestealers look up from their meal and charge. Gorknak grabs the first two, lifting them off the ground and slamming them together in a manner any ork would be proud to see. The last one leaps, and is backhanded out of the air with the shattered corpse of one of his fellows. (loot: 3 table: 1&5:1&4) The first grot corpse has a shreaded pack near it containing some scrap electronics and 3 scrap.

((For those of you counting kills: Keep in mind, I pick enemies more or less at random, and I tend to pick whatever will make the scene as badass as possible. Go ahead and keep count if you want, but it doesn't really mean anything :P))

« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:18:03 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2017, 09:30:27 pm »

"Da Boy be leavein! To Da sutttles!!"
Gorknak  shouts

Gorknak Will head back to the shuttles

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2017, 09:34:08 pm »

((You still have a couple of turns to use up your scrap...))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2017, 09:45:46 pm »

((I take it we can build stuff while on the move right?))
"Oi, could one of you boyz spot me sum scrap? I wanna make a ded killy blasta"

Spoiler: Deffstalka (click to show/hide)

Start makin' sum nice, sneaky armour, loike sum of dem posh 'umies wear. Using dat leather, purple paint & 7 scrap (4 scrap base, 3 for +3 modifier).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:06:44 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2017, 09:48:25 pm »

((You don't actually have to move back, you have two turns until I auto move you back and narrate what happens next.))

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2017, 09:50:49 pm »

Swap ya da elekky biz for scrap!"
Gorknak shouts

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2017, 09:52:11 pm »

"Dat's gonna be a problem, I needz dem bits for me blasta."

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »

"Ahaha! No need fer ony o' da painboyz wurk today!  I got mi self ter fix mi self! Nows, wonda if der iz enough left in 'ere ter make a gud Slugga." Zragtagas would say before starting to rip up the room a bit more in the hopes of getting enough scrap to make a basic slugga. As they do so, they say to Deffstalka "Oi, Sneeky git, wan sum purpley paint?  I knowz ya sneeky grots loike dat color, an I cud use a bit extra scrap."
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2017, 09:55:56 pm »

"I'z already got me paint, jus' need more scrap to make da blasta. And ammo now that I think about it..."

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Orkhulk - WH40k Ork spacehulk looting game (Testing, testing 1, 2, 3...)
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2017, 10:04:38 pm »

Hearing the signal, Bragga quickly spreads his loot around him - and tries to do some last-minute crafting.
Using most of his scrap and some leather, he cobbles together some heavy armour, but his vision goes further. Using the rest of his scrap, the mechanical parts and electronics he has gathered, he installs an integrated powa klaw on the left arm of his construction. To top the madness off, he paints the whole thing with his green paint. Or so goes his vision for the project.

Let's make this happen.
16 point armour with integrated 8 point melee-weapon = 24 scrap basic
15 Scrap + 3 (leather) + 3x4 (Electric & Mechanic Parts) = 30 scrap value with +2 roll
(5 scrap left)
Hope that math is sound.

Map Number: 4
Name: Bragga
Skill: Shoota
Wounds: Almost Nuffin' - Gash on Arm -1 Point
Inventory: Choppa, Slugga (Ork MP), 20 Scrap, 1 Electronic Scrap, 2 Piles of Mechanical Parts, 1 Leather, 1 Paint

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2017, 10:38:29 pm »

"Tell uz wot yu can have it on tick like, 8 scrap now an i getz 10 back laterz 50/50 splitz of what you findz.."
Gorknak shouts
(have 8 scrap now and pay me back by spliting your scrap 50/50 untill i get 10 scrap back.)
[/quote]
[/quote]

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2017, 12:02:32 pm »

"Ahahahaha! Dat dere is sum damn fine krumpin'!" Gorrog guffawed, seeing the aftermath of his new Thunda shoota, and the charred mess of the two genestealers. Even as he laughed, though, he heard the horns from the ork camp, signaling that the time to move on was fast approaching. "Looks like dat's it. Gots a late start t' da lootin', but still gots a sweet Thunda Shoota outta da deal. Still gots a bit of time. Wonda wha' all da otha boyz made."

Action: Return to the red star room for one last round of looting.

Spoiler: Gorrog Steelface (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2017, 12:04:35 pm »

"We'z ain't gots any more time ta loot though Gorknak. Can't give ya half of what I find if I ain't able to loot."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16