Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24235 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2017, 10:33:58 pm »

Now that it seems the majority of the danger has passed, Lu spends a power to inspect the spear.

Lu borrows an act and uses that plus his act to return to his realm with his stuff and begin healing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:52:58 am by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2017, 10:45:26 pm »

Lend Lu my Act, one the condition that he later give me two more.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2017, 11:39:51 pm »

"I'll return for that artefact later - Shal, you do confirm it's no immediate threat, right?"
Burning 1 Normal Act into Power, Nefertem spends his now 3 Power on a regional Magic-class artefact, the Heartwriter. The Heartwriter, an inconspicious and unornamented stone pillar with a glowing red orb or bubble of about half its radius embedded in each end (though only one can be seen when it's set in place), has the power to project a sense of absolute conviction in the existence and worthiness for worship of any deity chosen by its owner into the souls of mortals within its domain, unfailingly driving them to worship that deity to the exclusion of all others. If mortals leave its sphere of influence, they are no longer possessed by the sense of absolute certainty, but can still remember having felt it and will therefore not necessarily immediately revert from worship. Nefertem drives the Heartwriter into the ground somewhere near the centre of the Andilauss territory, directing it to foment worship for himself for the moment.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2017, 03:43:41 am »

Edited the turn by adding the following, as a result of misunderstanding:
"the Original World once more... And they couldn't muster enough power to push it back. Fortunately though, the body had stopped increasing in mass, settling for the size of a large moon.

But suddenly, the Titanic Moon stopped moving, hovering over the Original World. It seemed as if this "Moon" was tethered to a single point of the Original World... that is when the two divine ones noticed an odd landscape.

A wide, circular gaping hole carved into the earth. Seemingly bottomless, covered by an unnatural fog that prevented any vision of its depth. Furthermore, it seemed this hole was at the base of an invisible pillar over which rested the Moon that was once Efanel. "Pillar" that neither Shal nor Nefertem could cross."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2017, 04:12:57 am »

Something occurs to me. Quill and Shal, lacking Realms, aren't currently regenerating Acts. The rest of us can, so, if everyone can cooperate, it might be a good idea to transfer any Acts we aren't immediately using to one of them so we can slowly build up our reserves in this way.

As an experiment, and more importantly as a Minor Act, Nefertem grabs a passing Andilauss and carries it up into space, setting it gently down on what he arbitrarily decides to call the Final Moon, then watching it closely to see how it reacts.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:39:24 am by Maximum Spin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2017, 04:25:35 am »

The distant sound of beating drums and ancient violins play at the border of the infinite universe

A noise I did hear
from the voids long travelled
Of blood and fury
and titans flurried

I journeyed I did
across naught and none
following the path
that lead to blood

...And those
that did the dirty deed,
those that slew
divines fair,
and took their dominion
as right and might
so does allow...
I did sight

I do come
to greet the heroes,
who slew the children
of primordials,
and ask ingress
without transgress

I wait a reply
but please do not tarry
I am Change-driven
and its a Secret-not
that I cannot wait
when a world is ready
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2017, 05:47:05 am »

Eh? I suppose I could... But I'd really rather get started on setting up a power base and not run on the barest minimums of power... Or nip this Titan worship issue in the bud. Or maybe do something to secure the 'Pillar'... Hmm... Maybe?... Later...
Either way, Lu; please don't do anything too drastic with the Eye before I can be consulted that it will not in fact turn you into molten slag? You saw what it did with Quill, and you're nowhere near fully healed yet!

Now, I had an idea to solve two of those issues, but I'll have to check some things first... If any of you care to join me in the scanning for anomalies, feel free to do so, it will let us know if we have to quarantine the Pillar, at the very least.

With a small shard of Divine Power, Shal creates a pair of Mortals, first of a new race. Onto their very souls do they have their sacred duty carved; Nothing is to enter nor leave an exclusion zone around the 'Pillar', and any abnormalities are to be reported to their Creator. While she has high hopes that they will one day become 'Keepers of the Pillar', she has to be sure that nothing abnormal happens to mortals that reside in the vicinity of the Pillar. And so she spends Power to once more peer into the Infinite Possibilities of the Flow of Time... It is with a heavy heart that she prepares to exterminate them if the 'Pillar' twists them in body or mind.

Now... Please be ok, you two. More companions will follow if everything works out, alright? Your task has not yet begun in earnest, remain outside of the Exclusion Zone. I shall remain watching nearby to study the Pillar for a while longer. You may call me if you require any major assistance or if you notice anything off about the 'Pillar'. Shal looks up for a moment. And can one of you guys answer the door? I'm busy!

Minor Act: Create a pair of Mortals; The Keepers of the Pillar.
1 Power: Once more gaze onto the future, but this time that of the pair of Keepers. Inspections of both the possibilities of the Future and the Hard Reality of the Present are done to ensure that proximity to the 'Pillar' does not inherently alter Mortals in Body, Mind, or Purpose.
Minor Act (Pending): If the inspections prove that they are indeed being twisted by the Pillar, strike down the Keepers...
Minor Act: Be prepared to 'babysit' the Keepers. All this effort will go to waste if they die due to starvation or because they broke their legs or something.

Spoiler: Keepers of the Pillar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:33:57 am by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2017, 09:34:30 am »

Examine, very carefully, these new Acts and their former owner. Can they be used safely, and how can Urgast be returned to full power-generating potential?

Eh, the door? Doors haven't been invented yet, Shal. Quit getting lost in time.

YOU THERE! WHO DEMANDS ENTRANCE TO OUR BUBBLE OF SPACE AND TIME THROUGH THE USE OF AN OPENING WE MUST CONSTRUCT AND MAINTAIN TO ALLOW PASSAGE INTO---You know what, forget this. WHO'S KNOCKING ON THE DOOR?

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2017, 10:53:37 am »

Mavnon, dear,
who changes with a
leer
and stashes secrets like a
seer
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »

That doesn't even rhyme.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2017, 03:02:01 pm »

Excuse me for my mistake,
Dribbles of language,
Sounds of air;
Not quite my forte
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:10:09 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2017, 03:40:48 pm »

I fear I must decline your request for now. Much has transpired, and we do not wish for the risk of adding in additional gods. Additionally, I do not believe that this world is yet safe, and would not have you enter only to be thrown from the world, powerless.

Decline the entry of any new gods this turn.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »

We must allow those who are willing to share this world to enter. We claimed it stating we wished to share with the titans, to deny others entry is to be hypocrites, liars, and thieves.

Support all entry requests.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2017, 07:34:49 pm »

I don't at all disagree, Lu Unending. Yet we have both burnt rather a lot of goodwill lately, even as our actions have thus far succeeded; I shall wait to hear what Quill and Akrathh have to say before I impose my own choice upon anyone.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 07:39:26 pm by Maximum Spin »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »

I agree, Lu. But we must first ensure that they cannot do for gain as we were forced to do for survival. Furthermore, we should not allow others into this universe lightly, not while there is such danger everywhere we look.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25