Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24228 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2017, 04:12:55 pm »

So it's personal gain then? Release me, fellow god. The wrath of your equals is not to be risked lightly.

Leave the prison with the Titan. If it's opposed, well, enter combat, stage left?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2017, 04:15:36 pm »

"I'm afraid I don't quite understand. You wish to leave now, after you just said otherwise? I think I should ask the others about this."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2017, 04:18:30 pm »

I do not care for banter, Nefertem. Release me and my prisoner, now.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »

Can this at least wait until I'm decently sure this is actually over?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2017, 05:00:56 pm »

*tired* Apparently not.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2017, 05:29:48 pm »

"Conflict so soon would be regrettable. But I also don't really trust you. And I am certainly less confident in your ability to contain the Titan on your own than I am in our ability to contain it together. I'm afraid it's going to have to stay for now."

The Eye expels Cerediron, though.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:41:39 pm by Maximum Spin »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »

You must understand that I cannot trust your motives as you end up with both Titans so soon. Prove you shall be entirely trustworthy, or return what is mine.
Furthermore, one prison holding both Titans is certainly weaker than two prisons each holding a Titan.

Ultimately, it seems it is, for now, your choice as to what you do. I warn you that betrayal shall not be tolerated, however. I will do as I must to ensure that you cannot destroy the Gods. It seems we will not have easy peace, so we shall not allow any to acquire a greater power than the others, for that way lies destruction for all.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2017, 05:50:34 pm »

"Well. I can't pretend that I think this is safe. We might end up all dying because of you. But I guess this is the way it was always going to be; against my better judgement, I'll prefer ending the conflict over, ah, safety. Even if it works out, know that horrible death was definitely a foreseeable possibility, and I would have been able to prevent it."

Eject Urgast, remaining prepared to reimprison him at a moments' notice.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:01:35 pm by Maximum Spin »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2017, 06:44:55 pm »

(As earlier) Survey everything visible in the mortal plane.

Search the Soul Bind for traces of weakness or exploitable flaws, search the Titan (At closer range) for anything yet unmentioned. ((Titans don't have spheres at all?))

Survey the Audraga for the same things---weaknesses or flaws waiting to be exploited. Search the Essence of its prisoner, so much as possible.

((Time to understand a bit more about our foes. Oh, and avoid accidental failures/murder-rampages of vengeful Titans))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2017, 07:20:01 pm »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
where the GM rubs his hands in satisfaction! ooc here

ACT 1: The Genesis of the World

---

TURN 1.4: End of the First Conflict

The cosmos finally settled down and the shockwaves stopped.

Before Auðrauga had closed, Nefertem[/glow] used of his remaining power to create a small artifact, which he named the Sign of Hope. He gifted it to the cowering Andilauss. And thanks to its powers repelling the unpleasant thoughts and memories of the traumatic spectacle, the poor mortals found solace in their existence. They started gathering around the gem, their fears and trauma disappearing from their minds. Yet they still quivered, even if they forgot why when they gazed upon the gem.

Nefertem used 1 Power (cyan is better)

------------

Finally Auðrauga closed in, ending all hope of escape from the trapped Titanic Ones. And at the same time, the Soul Bind completed its formation, completely entrapping the essence of the Watcher.

Yet the Divine Ones, having fought a terrible battle, still felt restless and wary. Wary of the bound Titanic Ones, and wary of their own allies...
Shal was the first to act, using her power to scry the infinite horizon of futures. There existed futures were the Titans escaped, but those were scarce and very improbable. The most probable futures being the ones in which the Titans remained bound. Furthermore, never in the futures she saw did the Titans break free by themselves.

Shal used 1 Power (cyan is better)

Roughly at the same moment, Cerediron glanced at the remaining Titanic Ones. Gaol Ludyn had Power left, but he couldn't feel any Acts in him. As for Urgast, he could barely feel Power or Acts.

------------

Inside the Desolate Eye, many Ascended and Greater Ones were still trapped. While the plan had seemingly worked, they weren't keen on being enclosed in this space, with the two alive Titanic Ones. Akrathh besought Nefertem to release the Bloodslayer-wielding Limikarrat, and the owner of Auðrauga obliged so.

The shards and vines ceased attacking Limikarrat, and the Servant was let free. Immediately he moved far from the group of divine beings. Wounded, bleeding, weakened. Mixed feelings stormed inside him.

Then Shal and Erin Quill were released from the prison. Only Lu and Cerediron remained inside, the latter one arguing with the owner of the cage.

------------

As he was still inside the prison, Lu used his Life Act to stabilize his wounds. But as his power acted, an impossible pain violently seared the flesh around the Ending Spear. While he was healed a little more, the dreadful Artifact had nullified most of his recovery.
Lu is Badly Wounded

Suddenly and despite its wound, the Bird God moved toward the Soul Bound Urgast. Cerediron felt the Greater One approaching the Soul Bind, and before anyone could do anything, Lu used his remaining power to grab the Eye of the Watcher and tore it out from its body.

A terrible scream of pain echoed across the universe. The Andilauss, even those protected by the Sign of Hope, screamed in agony as their souls saw a gigantic eye writhing in pain. Many, many Andilauss killed themselves to escape the madness, and very few of them remained sane afterward.

Ichor dripped from the eyeless head of the Serpent, his divine lifeforce slowly wasting away.

------------

Everyone stopped what they were doing to turn toward Lu, still inside the prison and holding the bloodied Eye of the Watcher.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:26:53 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2017, 07:20:23 pm »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:40:48 pm by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2017, 07:30:54 pm »

"Ah. That's another solution to the problem, of course. I'll locate the other one."

Nefertem will still search the Eye for artefacts - this time specifically and openly for whatever secret artefact the Keeper of Precepts likely carried in with him. When found, it is removed by force. Cerediron is expelled from the prison, followed shortly by Lu and his coterie of objects in and around his person. Finally, once the Keeper's artefact has been secured, the Eye also expels the bound Watcher more or less in Cerediron's direction.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 09:39:52 pm by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2017, 07:34:03 pm »

Lu takes the bow, eye, spear, and growing titan corpse and leaves. These artifacts are too dangerous to remain. I can do nothing about the Keeper's artifact however.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2017, 07:38:10 pm »

Lu, wait. I lay claim to the eye of the Watcher. He was my foe to dispatch, and his Artifact must also be mine.

Take your spear, and study it well. Understand it. I shall ensure the same is done for the Eye.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »

Alright guys? Everything will be ok. They're sealed tight; we've won. Now can we stop arguing before one of us does something idiotic and sets the Titans loose? PLEASE?...

And with that, Shal gets ready to assist putting Efanel's corpse in orbit, running the math of Orbital Mechanics to ensure minimal effort will be needed to enforce this act

Now, anyone want to help push this thing into orbit then?

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25