Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24232 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2017, 11:40:02 pm »

Watching what took place inside his Eye, Nefertem spoke to his fellow-deities. "I'm, uh, pretty spent out here. Let me know who wants to be evacuated immediately, but anyone who can should probably try to get each other patched up first... well, I don't want anyone getting more injured on the way out. Shal, I notice you're in no better shape than I am, so do you want me to spring you, or do you want to use the last of your power in there?"

Finally, using his last Power, Nefertem creates the Sign of Hope, a localised Magic-class artefact in the shape of glowing opalescent gem, warm to the touch, which creates a psychic field that pushes away unpleasant memories and thoughts from the minds of mortals who gaze upon it. He gifts the Sign to the Breathless, that they may be comforted after the Cataclysm.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:44:07 am by Maximum Spin »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2017, 12:12:52 am »

"Wouldst thou unleash mine servant? I will keep him from biting ya and drawing blood for now."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2017, 12:25:33 am »

"Mmm, yes, I will, but we should also perhaps discuss that God-slaying blade it's holding. I'd like to have a plan for the future of the weapons we've crafted that doesn't entirely boil down to 'Mexican standoff', wouldn't you?"

Nefertem orders the unbinding and expulsion of the somewhat-the-worse-for-wear Limikarrat, scythe presumably still in tow.

"My deepest apologies that you became ensnared so, honoured Servant."
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:01:20 pm by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 12:46:27 am »

Alright Nefertem, looks like it worked. Please let me out, gently. I need medical attention.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2017, 12:52:59 am »

"Not sure you'll be able to get any out here, but at least you won't be incarcerated, of course. And I suppose there's that other problem."

With a crackling spark of light among his many inscrutable threads, Nefertem wills and the Eye spits out Lu, spear included, and his bow, then carries the Eye well away from everything else, entering a stable orbit around the Prime Star, and wills it to release the growing remains of the Herald as well. He then returns to the Planet's surface.

"Ah, Lu, your thoughts on the matter of these weapons?"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:12:59 am by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2017, 12:58:00 am »

I'm going to take the spear and bow back to my realm and hope they are never returned to the mortal plane. They are meant for an era that is coming to a close, and are unfit to be used before the eyes of mortals.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2017, 01:18:33 am »

"Wise enough. Hm, in fact..."

Nefertem wills the Eye to allow him inside, then uses his connection with it to discern the locations of any Artefacts still within. With this information, he quickly seeks them out – avoiding Quill's and Shal's, of course – and collect them all as far as possible, with the help of the Eye's internal vines. He returns outside with his haul.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:37:13 pm by Maximum Spin »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2017, 01:21:23 am »

Perhaps Gaol, perhaps. But that is for Fate to decide, is it not? Ah yes, Nefertem, if you will just give me a moment? Prepare to extract me at a moments notice, of course.

Using her last bit of Power, Shal views the broad strokes of the immediate and near future, mostly looking into the state of the Prison and its inmates. Whether she'll be able to confirm it's success, or if she'll have to offer a dire warning, remains to be seen.

Oh huh? Right Efanel's corpse. Orbit is best for now. Gimme a moment for math..... Right! I'll help you out with a stable orbit!...
You can let me out now please?

1 Power: Scry the future to confirm the 'kill' (imprisonment)
Assist Nefertem in his efforts to put the Titan Corpse in a stable orbit, using her knowledge of Orbital Mechanics

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2017, 01:23:49 am »

With a distracted waving motion, Nefertem provides that the Eye releases Shal into the growing exterior conversation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:00:54 pm by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2017, 07:46:57 am »

I would like to not be in here, alone, with a bunch of Titans please?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2017, 12:22:00 pm »

You're not quite alone. Now then, Nefertem---if you would be so kind, eject myself and this Titan into my Realm. He will have less power there, and your prison will be safe. Well, safer. I do not trust the Keeper of Precepts, watch him closely.

Gaze one last time at all of space in the mortal realm, search for any further... unpleasant surprises.

Return to my Realm with the help of the interdimensional prison's ejection function, with Urgast the Sorely Abused in tow.
[/s]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:41:56 pm by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

"Ah, well, I don't actually have the power to send you that far. But I'll gladly let you out."

"The Titan, though... it does make much better art this way, don't you think? Are you sure you wouldn't be willing to consider this our collaboration?"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:05:18 pm by Maximum Spin »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2017, 03:40:33 pm »

After Lu is expelled from the prison he uses his life act and power to heal his wounds as best as he can.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »

I personally prefer my 'art' in conditions that does not allow it to escape and go on interdimensional rampages. This Titan is my prize from this war, just as the Keeper of Precepts is yours. Release him, and I shall secure him in my Realm, from whence he shall never escape.

(Obviously) Do not leave without that Titan.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2017, 04:06:13 pm »

"You don't wish to leave? Odd, but all right. I suppose it makes the piece more interesting."

The Eye expels Erin Quill.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25