Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24225 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 07:51:28 pm »

I Spend three death acts, three acts and a magic act to create a greater servant.
Next I create an artifact using a death act, a magic act, a chaos act, and four normal acts, the artifact will take the form of a Scythe for them to wield.

Spoiler: Servant (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Servant Disc (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 08:42:44 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2017, 07:54:36 pm »

5 Power into the shovelstaff; Erin is attacking Gaol Ludyn and Efanel, distracting them from attacking and likely dealing some significant damage as well.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:25:17 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2017, 09:17:39 pm »

One can never entirely rely upon others.
Nefertem the Long Deep expends one Beauty and one Light act to Incarnate in a dazzling brilliant fractal explosion, diving immediately behind (and contributing up to 4 power, as needed, to) the shields that have been constructed.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:24:47 pm by Maximum Spin »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2017, 02:40:49 am »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
starring bay12watchers as gods! ooc here

ACT 1: The Genesis of the World

---

TURN 1.2: Divine War -

As the battle of cataclysmic proportions continued in the Mortal Plane, the first gears of the final scene set in motion.

While the divine beings above prepared their trump cards, the two divine beings under fought to help them gain time. Shal accelerated the flow of Time in both herself and Erin, using the Broken Hourglass. Then burning her Acts into Power, she enhanced her perception of what was to come. She braced for Efanel's next attack.

Hastened by the Hourglass, Erin rushed past Efanel, aiming to distract Gaol Ludyn and Urgast. Before he went, Shal sent him a telepathic message: do not bother with Gaol, go for Urgast. For in the many futures she saw, Gaol never moved for reasons she couldn't grasp. Pouring Power into the shovelstaff, Shal slashed at Urgast. The Watcher created a powerful ward that completely nullified Erin's successive assaults.

Erin used 5 Power

Shal on the other hand, was to resist long enough to the Herald's attacks. Four of its heads breathed flames that were not flames. Two blades emerged from two more heads. Barriers after barriers, hastening after hastening, Shal held on to the Titanic One, grazing a future of death many times.

Shal used 5 Power

JAKORÄ

First, having finally converted his Acts into a better form, Lu worked on a dreadful Artifact. Some say that the most horrible and destructive weapons are born in times of war. Amidst the flames of the divine conflict, the weapon the Great Destructor Lu was born. Jakorä. One could say this bow was meant to give shape to its Creator's essence. Neither dead nor alive, it is said Lu could destroy whole words with arrows fired from Jakorä.

One could only hope that these sayings would remain legends.

LIMIKARRAT, BRINGER OF DEMISE
BLOODSLAYER

Secondly, far from the raging battle Akrathh worked on a blood red slab. Carving from this divine rock a humanoid shape, and breathing into it such power that the being awakened from non-existence in an explosion of divine energy. Limikarrat, the Bringer of Demise kneeled in front of his creator.
"Your word is my will. O Supreme One. Command to me and I will obey."

With the remaining slab, he crafted a weapon infused with equal power to complete his creation. He then handed Bloodslayer to Limikarrat.

------------

Finally Cerediron, in the safety of his realm poured a massive amount of power into creating a unique spell, that he named the Soul Bind. With this trump card, he could even bind the Titanic Ones.

------------

The cage surrounding the Ending Spear shattered as Efanel called the Artifact back to him. Wielding and infusing it with Power, he thrusted toward Shal. No ward she could set up seemed able to stop it as it broke through each successive barriers of bent space and inverted gravity like mere glass.

Suddenly reality warped as three beings of immense power started incarnating right behind Shal. Empower with immense Power, the final ward stopped the Ending Spear in its tracks. Then the ward shattered, but the Ending Spear had stopped.

A gate made of thousand skulls and thousand skeletal arms appeared. First, the thousand skulls sang the coming of the Great Destructor, Lu. Then, thousand seals broke, and the thousand arms were released, allowing the gate to open. As a great crow appeared, the skulls fell silent for an instant. Then they announced Lu the Great Destructor.
Lu, the Great Destructor, has incarnated.

A horizon of light appeared across the universe. From its starting point, thousand threads of light emerged. First they floated with serene grace in the empty cosmos, until they suddenly weaved altogether to form some sort of ribbon. The horizon of light collapsed, creating a bright fractal explosion of light.
Nefertem the Long Deep, the Great Creator, has incarnated.

A flash of light and a holy radiance surrounded the arrival of an old man which appeared as wisdom incarnate.
Cerediron, the Great Creator, has incarnated.

Finally, Shal used her Hourglass to hasten her allies, and her remaining power went into increasing the destructive potential of Jakorä.

Shal used 5 Power
Nefertem used 4 Power
Cerediron used 5 Power

Lu drew Jakorä. Pouring Power into Jakorä, Lu fired Jakorä.

Lu used 5 Power

The ivory arrows seemed to fly through space to reach their targets. Speed was a concept that didn't apply to these divine projectiles, when wielded by Lu, they couldn't miss their target. The terrible explosion of divine energy was so catastrophic that the whole universe seemed to tremble, and the ripples of destruction echoed across the planes.

Efanel screamed as the arrows pierced holes in its divine body, and the Ichor of the bleeding Titanic One spilled on the Original World. Yet the Titan still stood, silent. His once mighty form had been devastated by the might of Jakorä. He raised the Ending Spear, and pointed it toward the group of Divine Ones.

------------

Cerediron looked over the Prime Star. Its light was not a normal light. Its fire burned with unnatural energy. There was something, deep into its core... charred forms of once incredible power. Cerediron understood. The Prime Star was a pyre. An eternal pyre burning from the bodies of Titanic Ones.

Cerediron looked over the Original World. He could see its surface, but for all he tried, he couldn't see the truth surrounding its core. There was nothing inside the Original World, is all he could mutter. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't see. Any trace of existence disappeared when he tried to look inside the Original World.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:17:14 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2017, 02:41:08 am »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:05:14 am by Nakéen »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2017, 02:51:30 am »

Troubling, muttered Nefertem, looking at nothing in particular (if indeed he could look at all). I could end this now, certainly. But at what cost? And would they follow me?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 03:02:17 am by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2017, 05:55:36 am »

Convert 2 Acts to more power, and then use 7 Power to attack whichever titan needs to be attacked. (Evidence points to this being Urgast)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:08:04 pm by Glass »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2017, 08:02:53 am »

Go forth, Limikarrat, and strike for the titan of destruction, Efanel.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2017, 12:12:52 pm »

Lu had come here with a purpose, Lu had come to claim the title of Herald of the End. With the title of end bringer, Lu would be the decider of those who lived, died, and returned to life. This was Lu's destiny, why he had been drawn to this world. Before him the weakened titan, Efanel the soon to be previous owner of Lu's new title, bled drops of titanic blood upon the world. Yet, it seems this world already had given rise to vultures. As Lu prepared the final blow, some tried to swoop in and steal his prize. Begone vultures, this prey is mine. Abandon your quest of thievery or you too shall adorn my wall.

Lu releases more arrows into Efanel, Lu will fire on those who try to steal this kill.

Lu then collects all that remains of Efanel, as well as the spear, and leaves the prison, one way or another.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 08:00:24 pm by Roboson »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »

Well. There is no time for dissent now.
... I hope this works.

Nefertem hurls one Suffering act like icy thorns into the eyes or eye-analogues of the three titans, boosting it with 2 Power, then retreats as far back as possible with extreme haste, telling Shal in passing,
Your sight must show you what I am about to do, yes? I don't care what it takes, find a timeline where this works and make it happen at any cost!
before facing the collected battlefield and spending 3 Beauty acts, 3 Light acts, 3 Suffering acts, 2 Life acts, 2 Undeath acts, and 7-count-them-7 normal acts on a great and terrible creation.

Artefact:
Nefertem the Long Deep creates Auðrauga, the Desolate Eye! This Divine artefact has the ability to imprison and consume even divine beings. When inert, having consumed everything its master has ordered, it contracts down into a shining crystal sphere, about the size of a human doubled over, in which prismatic divine light and scenes of its contents can be seen. Once activated by its master's command, though, tangled bundles of glass and light resembling vines or tentacles erupt from its surface and grow with incredible speed to ensnare the victims. Even in its inert form, though, at its master's word it will forcefully eject any subset of its contents (at the original size). Once surrounded, anything that tries to resist its embrace, as well as those unlucky victims selected by the artefact's master as special cases, will be pierced through with shards of glass and bone sprouting from the walls, and bound with sucking, burrowing parasitic vines which spread throughout the interior's twisting chambers from no particular evident source. These shards and vines put their prey in a coma-like state of quasi-undeath as they slowly siphon away what power the prey had (strengthening the entire artefact as needed and supplying the excess as acts to the owner), leaving a weak, slumbering husk wracked with strange dreams of other worlds, the content of which the artefact's master can control if desired. Even a prisoner so bound can be released at the master's desire, however. The vines, too, will attempt to separate its victims from one another and wrest away any artefacts they may carry, securing them elsewhere in the interior. Like Gleipnir, the mythical bond of Fenrir, the Eye always clamps down hardest when struggled against. Those who do not attempt to resist and are not chosen by the owner for special treatment may move freely and easily through the ocean of colour and light that fills the prison's interior, remaining at their full power and with no other impediments; however, the Eye can prevent them (and indeed all of its contents) from performing any magic that would target its owner, no matter where the owner is, and can reach into spells cast inside itself to drain the power from them. Though it has no will of its own, a command by its master fills the artefact with a spiritual hunger that drives it to surround and consume anyone and anything which that command directs it to contain with eager ferocity; it is thus capable of reactivating whenever the owner wills.

In a glorious torrent of light and crystal, Auðrauga grows and grows, seemingly without end, slowly swallowing the entire scene of battle before Nefertem's eyes, clasping around Titans, Gods, and Servant alike! Nefertem directs the Eye to begin consuming the life force of the Titans of Beginning and Precepts as quickly as possible; he also regards Cerediron with some suspicion and orders the Eye to restrain him as well if necessary, but makes it very clear that he should not be restrained as long as he continues with the plan as intended.

... and now there is nothing left but to wait.

With this done, Nefertem relaxes, hovering over the Original World, and expends 3 Power to create the Breathless (or Andilauss), a race of small, extremely hardy ensouled creatures, shaped like stooped hairless weasel-apes with ivory skin, which can live without air or water, leading a desperate and desolate existence feeding only on earth and starlight. Though they suffer in the harsh primordial environment, they also see beauty in the nascent world, and thank their creator for the gift.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:42:29 pm by Maximum Spin »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »

So. Things have come this far huh? I'll be good, for one last burst of assistance, my allies. Let us finish this...

And with that, Shal consumes the last of her Acts for one last burst of Power.
Power which she immediately imbues into the Flow of Time, hastening Lu further and further, until he becomes a blur even to God enhanced senses. All so he gets his volley off before Efanel gets an opportunity to impale someone with their spear. The fact that it would allow him to beat any 'killstealers' to the deed is of course her official reason she'll give to Lu for doing so.
But her Hourglass? Sand pours from its broken half, speeding up not the her, nor her allies, but Nefertem's prison itself!

Now Lu! Your chance is now! Strike down the End! Although maybe stick around for a little bit to put an arrow or two through the other guys after you slay the End?

Crack her remaining 2 Acts into 4 Power.
Continue using the Hourglass but to accelerate the Prison's walls and vines and shards and what not where the titans are.
Using 3 Power, Shal enhances Lu's speed to great heights.
After which, hang back away from the thick of the fighting. Her part is done here for now...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:16:01 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2017, 10:50:03 pm »

Spoiler: No longer valid (click to show/hide)

Convert three Acts into power, burn all Power on entrapping the Watcher. If the prison so much as TWITCHES like it's going to start draining my power, ensnare Nefertem and use my Magic Acts and regular Acts as well, to change the Soul Bind into something that gives me control over the god and the Audraga.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:22 pm »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
things are going to heat up! ooc here

ACT 1: The Genesis of the World

---

TURN 1.3: Divine War -

The battle raged in the heavens.

Akrathh sent Limikarrat down into the Mortal Plane, so that he may assist in the fight. Wielding Bloodslayer, the Bringer of Demise incarnated into the Mortal Plane.

The powerful Greater Servant rushed at Efanel, and unleashed a vicious series of slash at the Titanic One with the deadly scythe. Using the Ending Spear, Efanel parried the blows and counterattacked. But in his weakened state, he couldn't muster all its might, allowing Limikarrat to fight on even grounds with the Titanic One. Their clash left powerful scars into the surrounding reality, creating huge gashes in space and time. Neither Titan nor Servant escaped unscathed from this exchange, and the number of their wounds keep increasing with the number of exchanged blows.

Lu warned the interfering Servant to leave, and that if he refused to abide, Jakorä would be fired on him too. Limikarrat obliged, retreating after the first warning shot. Despite what anyone could say, the formidable performance of Limikarrat allowed the gods to gain precious time toward their plans.

Auðrauga, the Desolate Eye.

At the very same time, Nefertem the Long Deep hurled a rain of icy thorns at the metaphysical eyes of the Titanic Ones, blinding them for an instant. He then suddenly retreated as far as he could from the battlefield, summoning a terrible amount of Divine Acts to craft Auðrauga, the Desolate Eye.

Enclosing the immense battlefield and all the divine beings within, gigantic walls started to form as Auðrauga activated.

------------

The Greater Ones took advantage of this short time window. Erin Quill prealably converted his Acts into Power, and imbued the shovelstaff with incredible might. Slashing the empowered weapon that now had the temporary power of a Divine Artifact, Erin Quill managed to create a huge gaping wound on the left side of Urgast.

Erin used 7 Power

Suddenly, Urgast coiled around Erin despite the heavy damage he was dealt. Erin was unable to teleport away, as if bound by the power of the Watcher. The Eye towered above him, and a stream of burning energy crashed on Erin. The Ascended One screamed in pain as his divine form started burning away.

Erin is in a Critical State!

Yet Cerediron couldn't let such spectacle happen before him. Burning his Acts into Power, he activated the Soul Bind, empowering it with the might he had mustered. Concentric circles of magic from eras and worlds unknown formed around Urgast. The Titanic One saw the spell, but as soon as he attempted to divert his burning gaze from Erin, the Ascended One moved, making it clear he wouldn't let Urgast prevent the spell.

Once completed, the circles formed a perfect sphere around its target, and started draining the divine energy of the Titanic One. He threw Erin away, and started trashing at the spell. It was too early to tell if the Soul Bind had been successful.

Cerediron used all his Power

------------

Lu drew Jakorä once more. He felt the flow of time accelerating for him, as the power of Shal affected him. His mortal perception separated from his divine perception, and he could see and control his incarnated body with even more finesse.

Shal used 3 Power

Akrathh urged Limikarrat to get away from Efanel, and so did the Greater Servant. Limikarrat drew back, and Jakorä unleashed a rain of destruction on Efanel.

But at the very same time, Efanel turned toward Lu's direction, and threw the Ending Spear.

Arrows and Spear tore through space and time as they pierced reality toward opposing targets. Dual impacts of epic proportions shook the universe, resonating in their simultaneousness.

The strongest curses and blessings are cast in death

The flickering form of Efanel had been pierced by the countless arrows fired from Jakorä. This was the end of the Herald, and in the last moments of its existence, it casted the dying curse of a Titanic One. The many Divine Ones felt a powerful ripple across the planes as the divine soul of Efanel dispersed across and beyond the universe.

As for its mortal body, it started collapsing onto itself, around the main body. Its powerful flames started melting its material shape, the size of his molten body started exponentially increasing.

On the other side, the Ending Spear had pierced Lu from both ends, spilling its Ichor across the emptiness of space. The spear didn't stop with piercing Lu, and seemed to bind itself to him -carrying him away- Eventually the Ending Spear lodged on the wall of Auðrauga, impaling the Destructor on it.

Lu is in a Critical State!

------------

Shal witnessed the whole action in shock, unable to react. Yet not losing her composure, she focused the power of her Hourglass at critical locations. The etheric walls of Auðrauga formed increasingly faster in the affected areas, and already the parasitic vines of the Artifact started appearing all across its interior. The formed walls sprouted shards of glass and bones, flying toward the targets of the cage.

Urgast, affected by the Soul Bind could not avoid the seals of Auðrauga. The combined powers of the divine spell and the Artifact won over his struggle, and the Watcher movements started to weaken dramatically.

Gaol Ludyn on the other hand, still remained unmoving as the shards pierced his body. Even as the vines started draining his power, he remained unmoving. He just muttered.

"You lose."

Yet this wasn't the end, for the shards also flew toward the distraught Limikarrat. Unwilling to be bound, he used the power of the Bloodslayer to destroy the closing vines and shards. He tried teleporting toward the forming walls, but more shards and vines prevented him from doing so. Already exhausted from his battle with Efanel, he couldn't keep up with the endless assault of the Prison Artifact. As more shards and vines pierced his body, his power waned.

He screamed in rage toward Nefertem.

The Andilauss

Once the deployment of Auðrauga was started, Nefertem declared that his attention would no longer be needed. He dropped his guard, and moved toward the Original World. There, he made a bold action in this chaotic situation: he created a population of mortals, which he called the Andilauss.

Nefertem used 3 Power

The Great Creator instantly instructed them to thank and praise him for the beautiful gift he imparted to them.

Indeed, they saw great glory in him. But then raising their heads to the stars, they saw the mighty and dreadful forms of several warring Divine Beings. They screamed in terror and awe, lamented and worshipped. And with each shockwave of divine energy, their body and soul quiver in primal fear to the very core as a terrible truth was carved into their very beings.

O the realization. O the despair.

They saw and knew of things mortals shouldn't have been allowed to witness. The mortality of their condition, the powerlessness of their race, the ultimate destiny that would someday befall on them all. O insignificant, miserable little beings of mind in this cruel universe.

The most courageous of them found the strength to find a place in the shadows to hide. The many others were too terrified to move, and quaked in fear as they curled into balls to turn their gaze away from the heavens. Yet even if they didn't see, their souls felt and saw. For each beating of their mortal heart, their will collapsed a little more.

------------

Akrathh recovered 1 Act.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:35:34 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2017, 11:25:40 pm »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 02:03:49 am by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »

Erm...
Recover from the Critical State? Can I do that?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25